It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Sadegh_Dark: Hi , my lvl was 18 and i had so many unlocked cards...and now , i only have some few unlocked cards with no lvl at all...everythings reset...i wanted to ask , is it normal? like it happened for all other players too?
I don't play it, those who do might answer better, but according to this news post it seems this is normal.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/public_beta_for_gwent_the_witcher_card_game_begins_soon_75f3e
GWENT’s Public Beta is a fresh start for everyone. Card collections and player progress will reset to ensure gamers begin on equal footing. Everyone who participated in the Closed Beta will receive Card Kegs, as well as other in-game rewards for their activity.
Gloranor: Downloaded installer.
Started it.
Install galaxy.
No f... way,didn't you pledge it's optional?
Deleted that crap.
:(
It's a beta of the multiplayer part only, mostly to test Galaxy platform with a maximum of players... so yes to be able to test Galaxy using Galaxy is kind of a requirement...
Icinix: At this stage I take issue because I haven't come across a statement that the SP portion will be offline / not contain in game transactions.
I am pretty sure that a DRM-free / offline single player part was mentioned when Gwent was originally announced months and months ago, long before the close beta even start; don't remember if it was a forum post, side news or in the press release.

I hope that a blue will come soon to confirm/clarify it.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Gersen
Gloranor: Downloaded installer.
Started it.
Install galaxy.
No f... way,didn't you pledge it's optional?
Deleted that crap.
:(
Gersen: It's a beta of the multiplayer part only, mostly to test Galaxy platform with a maximum of players... so yes to be able to test Galaxy using Galaxy is kind of a requirement...
Icinix: At this stage I take issue because I haven't come across a statement that the SP portion will be offline / not contain in game transactions.
Gersen: I am pretty sure it was mentioned that a DRM-free / offline single player part was mentioned when Gwent was originally announced months and months ago, long before the close beta even start; don't remember if it was a forum post, side news or in the press release.

I hope that a blue will come soon to confirm/clarify it.
Hope you're right - I've been keeping a half an ear with it's development - if it was mentioned in a video there is a good chance I missed it. I tend to read more than I watch.
Icinix: Hope you're right - I've been keeping a half an ear with it's development - if it was mentioned in a video there is a good chance I missed it. I tend to read more than I watch.
I sent a message to fables22 to ask if she could clarify it. But given that it's an holidays in several parts of Europe we probably won't have an answer from the devs before Friday or Monday.
high rated
You guys want to know how we can settle the debate about whether Gwent is DRM-free or not, without arguing about definitions? By seeing what GOG has to say about it.

On the page of every other game on GOG, next to the price, it says "DRM-free".

On the page of Gwent it does not.

I'd say that bloody settles it. By their own (silent) admission there is now DRM on GOG.

fables22: Our policy on DRM has not changed, of course.
If that's the case, please, explain the above to me.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
Breja: I'd say that bloody settles it. By their own admission there is now DRM on GOG.
It's a beta for the multiplayer parts of the game, to test the multiplayer part of the game, both the online infrastructure and the balance, so yes it is online. (And again it was announced nearly a year ago, not sure why some act like if it was a surprise or anything)

Wouldn't it be possible to wait for them to clarify / confirm / explain about the single player part before going into full blown crazy-hysteric-headless-chicken-end-of-the-world mode ?
high rated
Gersen: ...snip
Wouldn't it be possible to wait for them to clarify / confirm / explain about the single player part before going into full blown crazy-hysteric-headless-chicken-end-of-the-world mode ?
Nobody is going crazy. Its a simple statement of fact. Gwent has a game page - therefore it is a product here. Currently this product is online only (forget about promises or stage of development etc. we are talking about here and now).
Therefore there is a product available on the store right at this moment which is always online. At some given point in the future this may change, who knows, but right now as of this moment, the product is in direct competition to the text given in the policy.

There is no hysteria in that at all, just simple statement of facts as they stand. In the future this may change.

If you are saying that because there is the term "beta" or "indev" or something similar attached to a product, then that is exempt from this, then that is a different matter, as you could argue any game ever released is unfinished, and so any amount of online or DRM's things could in fact be passed of as it just being a facet of being indev?

True, a blue may come out and say now that in 6 months a Single player offline version will be made available, this does not change either the situation as it currently stands, nor the continuous damage they are doing amongst those of us who came here to get away from other stores, always online requirements, or micro purchases, or DRM, or clients, or social media, or half finished or abandoned titles or any of the other number of things brought in over the last few years.
PaterAlf: When did that happen? I don't remember any surveys about that theme. Or at least a huge wishlist entry that said: "Please create an always-online multiplayer game with microtransactions!".
Denezan: Are you really that stupid? Honestly.......if your going to complain about this being an online game, then you need to change genre's then because this game is like Hearthstone in that it is multiplayer game, it needs an internet connection to play against other people, and even if Hearthstopne has a single player component, it STILL requires an internet connection to play. Like many other games.
Thank you very much. I very well understand what kind of game this is. But maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills? I wanted to know where and when we asked about it (we = the GOG community)? Because the only thing I remember is a survey from 2013 where multiplayer-only games were rejected by the community.

Or are you talking about we as the gamers worldwide? And we asked for it, because of the huge success of Hearthstone and similar games? In that case GOG should also start selling games with DRM, because we asked for it.
Gersen: Wouldn't it be possible to wait for them to clarify / confirm / explain about the single player part before going into full blown crazy-hysteric-headless-chicken-end-of-the-world mode ?
Like you said yourself, it was announced a year ago. Don't you think they had more than enough time to clarify / confirm / explain the single player part?
Post edited May 25, 2017 by PaterAlf
high rated
Breja: I'd say that bloody settles it. By their own admission there is now DRM on GOG.
Gersen: It's a beta for the multiplayer parts of the game, to test the multiplayer part of the game, both the online infrastructure and the balance, so yes it is online. (And again it was announced nearly a year ago, not sure why some act like if it was a surprise or anything)

Even GOG isn't trying to sell this as being DRM-free. There is no indication of a DRM-free version coming. And even if there was- this isn't it, and yet it's a product available here. What more do you want? What more do you need? Why are some people so dead-set to ignore reality?
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
Sadegh_Dark: Hi , my lvl was 18 and i had so many unlocked cards...and now , i only have some few unlocked cards with no lvl at all...everythings reset...i wanted to ask , is it normal? like it happened for all other players too?
yes it is normal
MarkoH01: Maybe they simply don't care?

Again: people are just expressing their opinion here.
CRO_Revan: What's the point in community if people don't care. Again, if they don't care, why are they expressing their opinions?
Sometimes I wonder if it's just because English is not my native tongue. But again you seem to misunderstand me. People don't care about the name giving or definitions they do however care about the fact that it's there at all. Meaning that it does not matter if you call it DRM or not it's simply something that people don't like. And because they don't like it they argue and are expressing their opinions. Please someone tell me that it's clear what I want to say with that. Otherwise I'd have to write in German and you'll have to use google translate to understand it.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by MarkoH01
Hasn't GOG said their definition of DRM only applies to single-player content? I mean, playing the multiplayer of various games here requires Galaxy.
Breja: You guys want to know how we can settle the debate about whether Gwent is DRM-free or not, without arguing about definitions? By seeing what GOG has to say about it.
ROFL! Since when is GOG actually participating in any important discussion that soon? At least wait one or two weeks - that is the usual time they need before even taking action. You know writing a quick post to clear everything up is very time consuming ... well, wait ... actually it's not.

(Yes, again I am complaining about the lack of GOG feedback - they simply will never learn to speak to their community.)
tfishell: Hasn't GOG said their definition of DRM only applies to single-player content? I mean, playing the multiplayer of various games here requires Galaxy.
I think that is exactly the problem. So far the game page is stating that you need to be online. So far nobody knows if this will change when SP is added.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by MarkoH01
CRO_Revan: But it is one game, still in development. How can you create F2P game without multiplayer and without game constantly being online? Free-to-play games are made to be competative, multiplayer, online (World of Tanks, LOL etc.). It's not like all games on GOG.com all of a sudden require online authentication in order to play. F2P and DRM are like - you are falling and you are flying. In both cases, you are in the air. The situation is completely different.
+1

tfishell: Hasn't GOG said their definition of DRM only applies to single-player content? I mean, playing the multiplayer of various games here requires Galaxy.
+1
Breja: Even GOG isn't trying to sell this as being DRM-free.
So, calling external link a "download from GOG.com" link is a DRM-free practice now?