It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Assuming more than one scum, there's no reason the brig would prevent a night kill since one of the remaining scum would do it. No night kill would mean either the scum elected not to kill or that the kill was prevented through night actions.
flubbucket: When did I say it would prevent the night kill??

I stated quite clearly scum would decide to not perform the night kill.
You stated scum would decide to not perform the night kill, in order to create a WIFOM situation since others would think the night kill was not done due to the only scum left being brig.

tick tock, people. Tempus fugit. With so little time left I'm adding flub to list of possible wagons.
PoppyAppletree: Right, I'll be back in a couple of hours to give you a vote count; if you want one sooner, ping me. I'm off to go play Fallout 4 until the deadine draws near. :)
Ping. Please drop an official one before you vanish.
^meant to say I'm adding flub to list of wagons I'm willing to get onto.
PoppyAppletree: Right, I'll be back in a couple of hours to give you a vote count; if you want one sooner, ping me. I'm off to go play Fallout 4 until the deadine draws near. :)
Bookwyrm627: Ping. Please drop an official one before you vanish.
The "Fallout 4 is currently downloading a 6GB update" vote count.

Lynch:

ZFR - 4 (JoeSapphire, bler114, cristigale, SirPrimalform)
SirPrimalform - 3 (Bookwyrm, ZFR, Damnation)
cristigale - 2 (trentonlf, Vitek)
Bookwyrm - 1 (elebutterfly)
flubbucket - 1 (Lifthrabbit)
Lifthrabbit - 1 (flubbucket)

Brig:

elebutterfly - 1 (Bookwyrm)
Damnation - 1 (Lifthrabbit)
cristigale - 1 (Vitek)

(With 13 active players, it takes 7 votes for a consensus to be reached.)

Day 1 will end today at midnight UTC (5 hours and 15 minutes from now).
ZFR: tick tock, people. Tempus fugit. With so little time left I'm adding flub to list of possible wagons.
I was contemplating the same. I'm not at all convinced by the avatar argument, but this insistent and persistent WIFOM... thing about the brig definitely caught my attention.

Unless Flub or someone else can explain this it comes across quite anti-town.
Then lynch me. I don't give a fuck.
Lifthrasil: But another setup related question: do we actually know how many scum there are? Most 'scum team' proposals were three players and I reflexively followed the same pattern. Did I miss anything? Did poppy say anywhere that there are three Cylons? Or is that just speculation based on the number of players?
Surprisingly, no. Nothing really discussed here. Three seems likely.

Vitek: Crsiti spent most of the game with flub's avatar and flub is her strongest mafia read even even though her vote was to quote her "not entirely RVS". So her only storng mafia read was originally partly RVS vote. Since then flub according to cristi was too much engaged than he usually is to be town.
No offense to flub but going through his posts I don't see that much participation to warrant suspicion.
I don't know, maybe others will disagree but I have seen better. Even from flub.
Yes, when I placed my vote the "entirely not RVS" was true. It was a gut reaction, I had no intention at the time to go searching through past games. My guess is had I not, the feeling probably would of waned. But obviously that is nether here nor there.

I do think flubb is slightly more engaged than normal (at least the games I played/watched). I actually agree that it does not warrant any real suspicion. If anything, may point to motivation, but it certainly wasn't enough to question him about it. (This was in response to trent on why I wasn't "pursuing" flubb).
flubbucket: Then lynch me. I don't give a fuck.
Friendly reminder that whilst things may get heated, this is still just a game.
I'd rather understand the discrepancy first. Either I'm wrong or you're wrong and I'm still hoping someone else can come along and explain what I might have misunderstood (or what you might have misunderstood).

I just don't see how the situation you propose could arise.

There is no way that I can see that a lack of nightkill can be blamed on a brigged player since the brig cannot prevent a nightkill.
Vitek: I experienced debate about flub's avatar changes in the past. I haven't cared about it then, I don't care know, I won't most likely care in the future. It's something he does, it's WIFOM it's of no interest to me and having it as the strongest mafia read after wekk of playing I just find as poor play and scummy.
trentonlf: So much this.
That's fine, don't care, that's your prerogative. Why does me believing it make me scummy?
With the exception of a couple of players, everyone else is fair game for me for the D1 lynch (it's too late for lunch in my parts of the world).

The most slight-town-lean I have is bler144, based on meta through our interactions; even if there were a viable wagon on him, I'd not vote him Today. Besides, he said he's going for a D1/D2 lynch during sign up, and I most certainly have no intention to oblige and make his life easier.

Second, but more tentative, would be trentonlf, again based on meta through his interactions, though I've got a couple of things that don't mesh all that well with it.

littlerabbit was a person of interest for me, but with Lifthrasil stepping in, I don't think it fair to off him right away, though his slot doesn't look good (haven't yet read what he's posted).

The rest are fair game, for two reasons:
- People I'm familiar with have done scummy things I'd not feel (particularly) bad lynching them over.
- People I'm not familiar with (and that's like half the player pool), I don't have a satisfying read to take any of them out of my PoE with any degree of confidence (the constant catching up hasn't helped either). They all seem fairly intelligent and capable, and I can't say that I've seen something that I couldn't see them do as either alignment; I'm uncertain that they're not capable of pulling off even things seeming more on the townie side as a toaster (happy, Damnation?), or if things on the scummy side are indeed AI for any of them. Among them, some townread one-two others, and others scumread a couple of others, but since I'm nowhere near trusting any of them, I'm not (yet?) swayed one way or the other by these reads; I can see their take, but I'm not certain it's the only one.

While I have a large PoE, a couple of them are lower down the line, for the simple reason that I'm not sure of the value their lynch gives us if we get it wrong. For instance, here's a question to those scumreading cristigale with no doubt (emphasis on "no doubt"). Where will you be at if she flips town?

Looking at the wagons at hand, and the vote progression of ZFR's, I notice the votes from the littlerabbit slot and SirPrimalform coming one after the other. For those scumreading both with relative certainty, do you think that they'd hop on the ZFR wagon (assuming ZFR town here) in that way if W/W, especially if you also townread JoeSapphire, since his was the viable counter-wagon at the time the ZFR one started getting traction?

And now that I said "hop" - as someone that doesn't vote early, or often, SirPrimalform's and bler144's vote hopping has my head spinning.
Tell me I'm not the only one who reads this as too defensive?

Vote flub
SirPrimalform: I'd rather understand the discrepancy first. Either I'm wrong or you're wrong and I'm still hoping someone else can come along and explain what I might have misunderstood (or what you might have misunderstood).

I just don't see how the situation you propose could arise.

There is no way that I can see that a lack of nightkill can be blamed on a brigged player since the brig cannot prevent a nightkill.
You are correct on the brig. A scum player in the brig can not commit a Night Kill and if they are the only scum player left the game is over. If a scum player is in the brig and there is still another scum player besides them left alive and a Night Kill does not happen then they either chose to do no Night Kill or they were prevented somehow from doing it. As it is impossible to blame the person in the brig for no Night Kill then flub's scenario would never happen.

cristigale: That's fine, don't care, that's your prerogative. Why does me believing it make me scummy?
You believing it does not make you scummy, you voting flub for having that avatar (you claim it was an RVS vote that stayed because his avatar gave you a gut feeling) and never removing your vote does (for me, I can't speak for Vitek). If you think flub is scum then pursue him for actual things he has done or said in the game, not for an avatar that is probably more for a joke than anything.
EBWOP

I know you did move your vote to ZFR, but you tried way too hard to get everyone on flub's wagon based mainly on his avatar and an avatar does not play the game a person does.
Lifthrasil: But Bookwyrm hat one little sentence that might be read as slip: "You can't brig us all!" ... who is US in that sentence, Bookwyrm?
SirPrimalform: Really, what post is that? I'd like to see the context surrounding that.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post66

Quite early and therefore probably just a joke. Still something that somehow stuck out.

JoeSapphire: Have we not played together? some time in 2014?... not that it matters really...
Yes. We have. But it's soooo long ago that I'm not exactly familiar with your playstyle anymore. Also, I was a bloody noob then. :-)

flubbucket: I wish you would show actual post so I can see what I'm misunderstanding.

My thoughts are you are scum and brig me for the night. You then decide with your team to perform No Night Kill.

Next Day accuse brigged player of being scum since No Night Kill occured.

How is this impossible ??
Happy to help: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post122 and the post from Bookwyrm which you reference in there.

And that scenario is impossible because either there are more than one scum. Then brigging one scum would not prevent the NK. Scum knows who is in the brig when the night starts and so the brigged player would never be the one who attempts the NK. So the argument 'No NK happened so the brigged player must be scum' is wrong and no one, who has read the rules, would be fooled by it.
On the other hand, in the ONLY scenario where brigging would prevent the NK, we would win by the brigging itself. Because if there is only one Cylon left, brigging him wins the game! So there is NO scenario where your "accusing the brigged player of being scum because no NK occured" would work!

All clear now?

Damnation: I'd actually like an explanation of this point. It seems completely unfounded to me that I someone have been in support of flubbucket.
What I was referring to was you giving an alternative explanation for flubb's avatar: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post250

There you hint that you think flubb made a soft role claim. So you are basically saying: hey, I don't think his avatar means he is scum. I think it means he is a town PR. ... which implies 'don't lynch him!'.

I would call that support!

flubbucket: I stated quite clearly scum would decide to not perform the night kill.
God damn it. Do you really not understand that? Or are you misunderstanding on purpose?
No one (apart from you, apparently) would believe such an attempt at painting someone scum. Let's take your scenario:
*scum doesn't NK*
Next morning they say: "Hey! No NK! The brigged player must be scum!"
Everyone else: "Nonsense. If the brigged player were a Cylon, another Cylon could still perform the NK. There is no connection between brigging and the NK not happening."

There. Scum isn't going to try that route. Because it wouldn't work.

Yes. That's what I'm trying to do. ;-) Which is why I vote you. And you not giving a fuck just reinforces my suspicion of you.

So, here's my lynch preference:
flubb
Damnation
ZFR
cristi or SPF

While cristy may be town who has uncovered flubb by noting the little avatar thing and putting pressure on him, there is still the possiblilty that she is scum who noted the little avatar thing as a thing to abuse and put pressure on town-flubb. So, while I tend to believe her at the moment, she still has a more than average probability of being scum, and I'd rather lynch her than nobody. But I'd prefer to lynch flubb first and look at his flip. If he's scum, cristi is mostly cleared (no reason for scum to start bussing so early). If he's town, however, we need to be wary of cristi from tomorrow on.
The thing with SPF is: he feels scummy, but I still don't see anything concrete. So it's the same: better him than nobody. (Hell, that's true for most players). But I'd much rather lynch one from my first three spots.