It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
momamia: i am running Win7 32 bit and yes OS meets requirements. i made sure of that.
Game requires 8GB of RAM... 32 bit OS's can only use up to 4GB of memory. Meaning that either you got 8GB which is being limited by your OS (which is bad but can be solved) and/or you didn't actually make sure you met the minimal requirements (also bad and most likely).
Post edited August 25, 2016 by BKGaming
The GalaxyClientHelper.exe crashes constantly ever since the update to 1.1.13. Is anyone else having this issue?
Paul31286: The GalaxyClientHelper.exe crashes constantly ever since the update to 1.1.13. Is anyone else having this issue?
Could you please post a screenshot (or quote from the error) and logs to mantis? :) Here are the instructions: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post1
Paul31286: The GalaxyClientHelper.exe crashes constantly ever since the update to 1.1.13. Is anyone else having this issue?
Johny.: Could you please post a screenshot (or quote from the error) and logs to mantis? :) Here are the instructions: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post1
Alright, I just did that.
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4540
BKGaming: I'm wondering if "Upgraded Chromium (our web rendering engine) to newer version" is causing the rendering problems that Galaxy now seems to have? Sometimes Galaxy goes black when switching between browser then back to Galaxy.
Might be. Are you video card drivers up to date?

Liosan
BKGaming: I'm wondering if "Upgraded Chromium (our web rendering engine) to newer version" is causing the rendering problems that Galaxy now seems to have? Sometimes Galaxy goes black when switching between browser then back to Galaxy.
Liosan: Might be. Are you video card drivers up to date?

Liosan
Well I think I might be missing the brand new one that released like last week, but there less than a month or two old.
After the update to the 1.1.13 version of Galaxy every time I try to watch a video on the store page I have a strange error about the HTML 5 not working. This while the video on the Library side are working flawlessly.

I'm under Win 7 64 bit on an HP dv6 6178sl.
Attachments:
storepage.png (421 Kb)
ZX12: After the update to the 1.1.13 version of Galaxy every time I try to watch a video on the store page I have a strange error about the HTML 5 not working. This while the video on the Library side are working flawlessly.

I'm under Win 7 64 bit on an HP dv6 6178sl.
We are aware of this issue. Thank you for reporting - our mighty team is working on a fix currently.

We're sorry that you encountered this problem.
Post edited August 25, 2016 by Johny.
momamia: i am running Win7 32 bit and yes OS meets requirements. i made sure of that.
If you're using Windows 7 32bit then by definition your OS does not meet the system requirements because the game requires Windows 7 64bit which I highlighted in bold in my comment above. 32bit != 64bit :)

Many games being released over the last few years require 64bit Windows so it's something to always check for. Also, as BKGaming stated, the game requires 8GB of memory, and even if your computer actually has 8GB of memory in it,
the maximum amount of memory available to a standard 32bit process under Windows is approximately 3GB, with the rest going partly to the OS and partly being wasted due to I/O buffer mapping space. Regardless though 64bit games do not run under 32bit operating systems either way, so you do not meet the system requirements for the game currently. If your computer is actually 64bit itself however, then if you upgrade to Windows 64bit and have the stated amount of RAM or higher you may be ok. That assumes that your system meets or exceeds the rest of the specs too.
Post edited August 25, 2016 by skeletonbow
Anyone else feel like having to go to the library in Galaxy is an unneeded extra step? GOG use to clearly have plans to have this more like Steam, the left side of the client could show both installed and uninstalled games and user could choose between showing or not showing uninstalled games. GOG however did not fully implement it and then removed it. I kind of feel like GOG should go back to this and perhaps even take out the library.

Would make it a lot quicker to install a game... and not to mention the library is still kind of buggy.
Post edited August 25, 2016 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Anyone else feel like the library in Galaxy is an unneeded extra step? GOG use to clearly have plans to have this more like Steam, the left side of the client could show both installed and uninstalled games and user could choose between showing or not showing uninstalled games. GOG however did not fully implement it and then removed it. I kind of feel like GOG should go back to this and take out the library.

Would make it a lot quicker to install a game... and not to mention the library is pretty buggy.
I agree with you but some people like the "shelf" setup so that's what we'll be stuck with.
mm324: I agree with you but some people like the "shelf" setup so that's what we'll be stuck with.
Unfortunately that's probably true and that would be a mistake in my opinion. Having it this way with the default being show uninstalled games would eliminate a number of threads from people who can't figure out how to install their games when they first use Galaxy. Going with the well known concept has it's benefits.

Shelf works great for the site, not so much in a client. I think GOG may in the end try to appease two different groups of people (client users vs site users) and not succeed.
Post edited August 26, 2016 by BKGaming
Liosan: snip
You may want to take a look at the banner used for achievements when they unlock in Master of Orion. It doesn't look very good in that game at all because of the glow effect. It's really bad if one unlocks during a cut scene.
Anyone else getting "installation failed: Disc Access Problem" in the latest version of GOG Galaxy? I haven't had the issue before, other programs can access the partition without problems and I have a lot of free space left on there. I first had the error happen with Obduction, and thought it could be because there's a ® sign in the game's title and that the game was trying to create a folder with that in it or something, but then I got the same error with Star Ruler 2. I've restarted the client in administrator mode in case it somehow lost disc write privileges or something, but that didn't help.
Post edited August 26, 2016 by fisk0
BKGaming: Anyone else feel like having to go to the library in Galaxy is an unneeded extra step? GOG use to clearly have plans to have this more like Steam, the left side of the client could show both installed and uninstalled games and user could choose between showing or not showing uninstalled games. GOG however did not fully implement it and then removed it. I kind of feel like GOG should go back to this and perhaps even take out the library.

Would make it a lot quicker to install a game... and not to mention the library is still kind of buggy.
I agree, the Library needs a huge overhaul. If someone has 50 games or less it isn't too hard to manage, but having over 500 games and having to scroll to the bottom of a page to find the pagination controls to go to page 2, then 3, then 4 then ... or having to manually click on the box and type in the page number having no idea what page I actually want because I have no idea what page a given game is on, or having to type it into the filter text entry field is extra unnecessary work.

Comparison with the Steam client in a similar situation, it has 4 different views of one's library which allows for one to find the view that best suits their hardware setup and personal preferences for whatever reasons they may have. It's been a long time since I installed Steam on any computer that didn't previously have it on it so I have no recollection as to what the default view is on Steam but it's probably either the "list" view or "detail" view IIRC.

The "list" view shows every single game one owns in their library all on one page, organized on the left column by game title broken into categories (roughly equivalent to GOG's "TAG" feature) first, and then alphabetically by game title within a category. Further fields show favourite status, cloud storage support, status (installed, not ready, etc.), last played, and other optional fields that can be enabled via configuration including disk space used, metacritic score, developer etc.

The "detail" view is the one that I normally use, which is similar to "list" view but when clicking on a single game, you get a bunch of detailed information about that game as well as directly viewable single click links to the store and other navigation controls, no menu or other widget with multiple clicks to slow you down. GOG's view seems closest to this view but with a fraction of the information available, and with all of the links to click on buried inside the "More" button and submenus requiring multiple clicks to discover and activate.

The "grid" view, appears designed more for the minimalist and shows only a bunch of game card icons with game graphics on them, similar to clicking on a DVD box or whatever to start a game. The size of the icons is resizeable from fairly small to huge to be able to customize how many you see on the screen as per your preference.

Finally there is "big picture" mode which is an entirely different user interface for Steam designed for displaying to a large television or whatever and is geared more towards a console type gamer. It has a user interface that is more customized for use with a gamepad controller and has a more "appliance" like feel to it.

I can totally understand why all these views exist both because different people have different tastes, and for ease of accessing certain types of information, and I'd like to see Galaxy evolve to something more elaborate like this which lets individual users choose something that matches their own style and need.

One thing completely consistent in the Steam library no matter which view one chooses, is the complete lack of pagination controls. No matter how many games you own on Steam or what view you're using, you see all of your games all at once, and I can say that with 400+ games there are zero performance problems or delays loading them up and throwing them on my screen.

My biggest dislike of the GOG library view is the fact that I have a 30" monitor and it wastes 90% of my monitor displaying whitespace, and forces me to use pagination controls and/or title text filters to locate a specific game in my library. Sometimes you just want to peruse your entire library with one hand on the mouse and another hand on a sandwich by scrolling and you're not looking for a single specific title, so there is nothing to type into the filter box. You have no choice but to use the pagination controls, and they drive me absolutely nuts.

If there was one feature I wish they'd add to Galaxy it would be an HTML+CSS editor built in that lets us write our own HTML+CSS code and create our own library view so they don't have to guess what we do or don't want. I've hacked on the Galaxy UI's HTML and CSS a bit already although mostly minor tweaks and I've contemplated doing more destructive changes to make it do what *I* want it to do, but the downside to this is that I have to back up the entire directory and replace it with the original files when doing beta tests so I'm not on my own planet different than everyone else, plus Galaxy updates will totally blow away all of my changes and I can't just copy them back because the files will be completely new based on changes they've made, so I have to recustomize every change I made all over again.

I'm not sure how easy or even if it is possible to remove the pagination and force all games to show up on the one page currently but it is on my list of things to hack on, and I'm also going to see if there's a way to automate making mods to the files.

Originally GOG announced that they would be publishing the Galaxy APIs to allow people to customize their own clients. It makes total sense why there is no published documented API currently as it is under intense development and they obviously don't want people starting to rely on a moving target and then get upset when they make changes based on things they learn during development and decide to change. I would totally do that too. But it would be nice if we did have a way to make customizations to the client either because it includes multiple customizeable views built right into itself, or because they allow some way to do custom skins that can not only change the appearance but also the layout, whether or not pagination is used and other factors.

I'm pretty sure though that sooner or later, the ability to have a customized Galaxy interface to your library will come to exist whether GOG provides it themselves, provides the tools to enable people to do it in a supportable manner, or people just raw hack on the HTML+CSS like I am currently and/or the actual Galaxy binaries to do it anyway.

My personal preferred view would more or less be the Steam "Detail" view maybe with some additional customizations/tweaks. I want to fit as many game titles on screen as possible regardless of aesthetics and I want to waste zero screen real estate and have zero pagination basically.

Maybe I'm the only one and it's too much effort to do all of that for one person, I dunno. :) Who's with me? :)