It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cich: Castelvania is definitely weaker than similar games, but I still had a lot of fun with it.
If you haven't played Darksiders or Devil May Cry games, then it's not worth the moneyz, but if you did, and want more, then it has a lot to offer (after it opens up, anyway... the beginning is a bit of a slog).

Besides, there aren't many games of this type on PC! :D
merow: seems to me the same, thx! I play games for a good story, and Cast seems to be good but thin...
The story is indeed quite nice but awfully paced. The setup takes waay too long - most of the game nothing happens in terms of plot - because they decided to keep every single plot twist for the last couple of chapters. If you're not really into that "button-mashing-hack&slash+platforming" gameplay, you'll never get to the good bits.

If I were you, I'd wait for the sequel - from what I've read and seen, it seems they managed to fix most of the problems the first game has (static camera, small cast, linear levels, weak opening, variety of combos).
Post edited December 22, 2013 by cich
nijuu: Roughly around the $10 USD mark. cheapest ive seen it. Any funny regional business with this one?
I buyed. No region lock . CoH II retail key.

For free
CK II dlc
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226671/

EU IV dlc
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241373/?snr=1_7_15__13

Might & Magic: Duel of Champions, Christmas Alternate Art Cards Pack
http://store.steampowered.com/app/267712/

Alan Wake, Bonus Materials
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268560/
Post edited December 22, 2013 by Asmo2
Incredipede is $1.99 in Humble Store. DRM free and Steam key. Windows,/Mac/Linux/Andriod

https://www.humblebundle.com/store
The new Tomb Raider is $8 on amazon.com (Steam key).

I'm considering it. I liked the previous Crystal Dynamics games and I am interested in this one, but I have serious doubts about it, and $8 is still twice what I'd normally pay for a Steam key.
Testament of Sherlock Holmes is on a flash sale at Steam. I'm thinking about getting it for a friend. How does it compare to the other SH games in terms of plot and gameplay?
The Humble Store has a few more nice deals today:

Scoregasm (DRM Free + Steam) - $0.99
Survivor Squad (DRM Free + Steam) - $1.79
Hotline Miami (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.49
Offspring Fling (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.49
Botanicula (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.49
Vessel (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.49
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (DRM Free + Steam) - $3.99
Mentalepsy: The new Tomb Raider...
.... I have serious doubts about it, and $8 is still twice what I'd normally pay for a Steam key.
There is a 'definitive edition' coming early next year for the consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if it finds its' way onto Steam. TR keys were being given out like confetti earlier this year, so the Steam price seems artificially high, but maybe all the free keys is the reason the price remained high?

I want TR, but not enough at the current price. I would've said ≤$5, but since Steam removed all the DLC and upgrade purchase options from Deus Ex: HR (support not answering questions about this) I'm feeling less like buying from them.
Mentalepsy: The new Tomb Raider is $8 on amazon.com (Steam key).

I'm considering it. I liked the previous Crystal Dynamics games and I am interested in this one, but I have serious doubts about it, and $8 is still twice what I'd normally pay for a Steam key.
It's a fun game, but definitely not a great game. It does a lot right, but it also does quite a bit wrong. However, it's still enjoyable.

Psst, if you want it cheaper, it's supposed to drop to $5 in 2 days or so.
Post edited December 22, 2013 by nightrunner227

nvm need to double check
Post edited December 22, 2013 by nijuu
retsuseiba: Testament of Sherlock Holmes is on a flash sale at Steam. I'm thinking about getting it for a friend. How does it compare to the other SH games in terms of plot and gameplay?
It's very solid in all areas, arguably one of the higher points of the Frogwares Sherlock series. If she/he liked any of the earlier ones, I'd definitely recommend it (there are some references to the earlier games, and the story ties in, albeit loosely, with Awakened so it makes for a "fuller" experience to go in order).

The game is just stunning, especially if you have an ATI Radeon for the realistic hair effects (although I believe they've added something similar for nVidia now too). I got it free with my video card, but after playing it I think the game is well worth several times the $8 sale price for gameplay alone. Even people who don't care for Tomb Raider type games are buying it and enjoying it, it's really something else IMHO. The only flaw it has is the occasional QTE sequence (quick timer event) which many gamers find annoying (myself included), but once you get past that shit the game plays for hours on end very enjoyably.

Having said that, I generally wont pay more than $5 max for a game these days, and usually no more than $3 so I can't fault someone for waiting for it to drop into that range or appear in a bundle with other games that work out to $3-5 each either. :)

retsuseiba: Testament of Sherlock Holmes is on a flash sale at Steam. I'm thinking about getting it for a friend. How does it compare to the other SH games in terms of plot and gameplay?
I've got this game and think it is very good for what is ultimately a point and click mystery/detective game. The thing I really like about it is that it uses a semi-modern 3D engine for graphics and it implements 3 game modes you can cycle between with the press of a key. 1st person perspective, 3rd person perspective, and a fixed-perspective point-n-click type experience. So you can either choose the interface of whichever of these genres you prefer and stick with it through the game, or you can toggle between them for whichever interface seems to give more perspective on a given situation at the time. It's the first game I've ever seen that does this in such a genre-crossing manner. Cool game!
Post edited December 22, 2013 by skeletonbow
MoP:
skeletonbow:
Thank ye's.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4 (with coupon code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) at Green Man Games seems like a great deal to me! Steam activated though, but it isn't like it's on GOG so I can say anything about that.
dal4fsu: Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4 (with coupon code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) at Green Man Games seems like a great deal to me! Steam activated though, but it isn't like it's on GOG so I can say anything about that.
IMHO since Deux Ex HR:DC the previous Version is obsolete. The DC Version is so much better!
Post edited December 22, 2013 by dyscode
dal4fsu: Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4 (with coupon code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) at Green Man Games seems like a great deal to me! Steam activated though, but it isn't like it's on GOG so I can say anything about that.
dyscode: IMHO since Deux Ex HR:DC the previous Version is obsolete IMHO. The DC Version is so much better!
... yeah, all the broken textures and lighting effects really improve the director's cut!