It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: snip
Cyber Monday Shopper Sim 2013 - GOG Edition

Enough with the indies! ;)
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but Out of the Park Baseball 14 is a rare 50% off. If you have any interest in it at all, now is probably the time to grab it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/

Crassmaster: That sounds fairly similar to the board game as well. Once you figure out that you need to use your units in the right order to maximize efficiency, the AP/CAP system works well. Remember that sometimes it's the right move to sacrifice a lesser unit to force an enemy to fire on them. Then they're ripe for the picking for your better squads and vehicles to tear into. :)

Destroying units through absolute elimination is (and historically was) rare without close combat, but you can still take down a unit by breaking their morale or what not. Concentrating fire is key, too. Open gaps in the enemy line and exploit them. The Eastern Front was more than a bit of a meat grinder, and you're never going to both succeed and save every unit under your command.
Got ya. Yeah, it's not a bad game by any means but the systems differ from the norm with wargames/boardgames so jumping into it without any knowledge of how it worked was a bad idea on my part. I just can't help but wish I could move more units before control was given to the other player.
Pheace: Good Old GOG. Taking us back to the days of limited stocks in the store and all it's splendour!
WHy is it when GOG tries something, some of you guys have to take the mickey out of it? I know your a Steam fanboy and all but it would be nice if people actually gave GOG props for at least trying.
johnki: I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but Out of the Park Baseball 14 is a rare 50% off. If you have any interest in it at all, now is probably the time to grab it.

Crassmaster: That sounds fairly similar to the board game as well. Once you figure out that you need to use your units in the right order to maximize efficiency, the AP/CAP system works well. Remember that sometimes it's the right move to sacrifice a lesser unit to force an enemy to fire on them. Then they're ripe for the picking for your better squads and vehicles to tear into. :)

Destroying units through absolute elimination is (and historically was) rare without close combat, but you can still take down a unit by breaking their morale or what not. Concentrating fire is key, too. Open gaps in the enemy line and exploit them. The Eastern Front was more than a bit of a meat grinder, and you're never going to both succeed and save every unit under your command.
johnki: Got ya. Yeah, it's not a bad game by any means but the systems differ from the norm with wargames/boardgames so jumping into it without any knowledge of how it worked was a bad idea on my part. I just can't help but wish I could move more units before control was given to the other player.
Thanks for that. Its ashame they don't make a NFL simulator. Really strange there isnt a good one out there.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: Good Old GOG. Taking us back to the days of limited stocks in the store and all it's splendour!
Frankly, I don't like it either. I have work and college and I feel like I'm going to miss out on all the good sales. Plus, due to disparities in time zones, EU and US might miss out on deals that they might want while sleeping. Or a deal could take days to go away. Who knows. All I know is that I'm not looking forward to seeing the deals I miss while I can't access GOG.

nijuu: Thanks for that. Its ashame they don't make a NFL simulator. Really strange there isnt a good one out there.
They did, however, release a hockey manager so I'm good with what they're offering since it's the only real hockey manager in years.

The guys that do Baseball Mogul are maintaining Football Mogul, though, which is American football.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by johnki
nijuu: Good Old GOG. Taking us back to the days of limited stocks in the store and all it's splendour!
johnki: Frankly, I don't like it either. I have work and college and I feel like I'm going to miss out on all the good sales. Plus, due to disparities in time zones, EU and US might miss out on deals that they might want while sleeping. Or a deal could take days to go away. Who knows. All I know is that I'm not looking forward to seeing the deals I miss while I can't access GOG.

nijuu: Thanks for that. Its ashame they don't make a NFL simulator. Really strange there isnt a good one out there.
johnki: They did, however, release a hockey manager so I'm good with what they're offering since it's the only real hockey manager in years.

The guys that do Baseball Mogul are maintaining Football Mogul, though, which is American football.
Heard of Football Mogul but apparently seems very variable depending on who u ask. theres no other options sadly. The old Eastside Hockey game is apparently still pretty good with user updated rosters etc :)
Towns is $5.09 (66% off) today only on Desura. It comes with both a DRM-free download and a Steam key.

Looks pretty appealing, an isometric community builder with RPG aspects.
Post edited November 13, 2013 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Towns is $5.09 (66% off) today only on Desura. It comes with both a DRM-free download and a Steam key.

Looks pretty appealing, an isometric community builder with RPG aspects.
I got interested in this game some time ago... but seems they released it (and left) unfinished..
Not sure how it is now, I would research a bit before anything.
Stooner: I got interested in this game some time ago... but seems they released it (and left) unfinished..
Yah, I should be more cautious about these bargains, given how many games end up in this state. This particular title was updated on Sep 21, 2013 and sounds like it has a lot of fixes, but no clue if it's actually considered complete or not.
Stooner: I got interested in this game some time ago... but seems they released it (and left) unfinished..
IAmSinistar: Yah, I should be more cautious about these bargains, given how many games end up in this state. This particular title was updated on Sep 21, 2013 and sounds like it has a lot of fixes, but no clue if it's actually considered complete or not.
oh, so I guess it's not dead, yet.. Maybe they fixed some of the complaints.. Good to know.

This one was also in an old bundle (Indie Royale, maybe)...
IndieMeadow Greenlight Bundle
http://www.indiemeadow.com/greenlight/
triock: IndieMeadow Greenlight Bundle
You should make a thread for it ;)

Decent bundle, worth it for Full Bore alone.. glad I skipped the IGS deal.
johnki: I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but Out of the Park Baseball 14 is a rare 50% off. If you have any interest in it at all, now is probably the time to grab it.

They've actually had that sale ongoing since the baseball playoffs were on. I thought it was supposed to have ended when the World Series did but I guess not.

I did end up buying it during that promo and play it almost daily. Its quite complex with a lot of layers and incredible depth for a baseball sim. Recommend it to anyone who likes the fantasy aspect of owning a major league team and trying to create a dynasty with it. I've always enjoyed the baseball/football mogul games but this one is way more detailed than those. You can micro-manage your whole organization down to the minor leagues, you can just play as a manager or you can GM or any combination of any of those.
I just started a fictional league with the rules from 1901 and drafting my own players. Lets see how many championships I can win in the next 100 years.
Hey guys, <span class="bold">Humble Bundle</span> has updated their <span class="bold">WB Bundle</span> of 6 games with an additional 6 game and DLC packages for free and the price hasn't substantially changed. The current beat the average price is $4.66 which gets you all of the following:

Batman™: Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Pay more than the average of $4.66 to unlock more awesome games and DLC!
Scibblenauts Unlimited
Batman™: Arkham City GOTY
F.E.A.R.
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Guardians of Middle Earth + DLC
Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack*
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit*
The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins
Post edited November 13, 2013 by skeletonbow
triock: IndieMeadow Greenlight Bundle
spoderman: You should make a thread for it ;)

Decent bundle, worth it for Full Bore alone.. glad I skipped the IGS deal.
One of you ;).
I've discovered you can get Bioshock Infinite + Columbia's Finest DLC at the moment for just £7.50 until 17 November, with the promo code details outlined here.

Confirmed working, though be warned Digital River take 90 minutes to send the Steam codes.