It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

etna87: I was being sarcastic, sorry that I did not make that clear. The opinions I was talking about were of the "European law is very clear in this case: they have to give us the games" type (without any further elaboration), which is... not really convincing.

That "termination" paragraph sounds like something they might not be able to defend in court (at least not without a good reason). But of course, I'm a layman. I do remember though that there were some rulings that companies could not put unexpected passages in their ToS because noone has the time to fully read the ToS for every purchase etc (not sure if it was German law or European law).
Oh haha, I see. Like I said, I haven't been following the debate, but admittedly I did get a good chuckle out of that petition. As far as blue print goes, a lot of it is voidable indeed. Of course companies still put it in because no-one actually goes to court over your standard little consumer dispute. But how much of it and which parts will be upheld can vary. Anyway, consumer protection is (un?)fortunately not my field either so I cannot quite chip in on this with too much authority.
etna87: I was being sarcastic, sorry that I did not make that clear. The opinions I was talking about were of the "European law is very clear in this case: they have to give us the games" type (without any further elaboration), which is... not really convincing.

That "termination" paragraph sounds like something they might not be able to defend in court (at least not without a good reason). But of course, I'm a layman. I do remember though that there were some rulings that companies could not put unexpected passages in their ToS because noone has the time to fully read the ToS for every purchase etc (not sure if it was German law or European law).
FraterPerdurabo: Oh haha, I see. Like I said, I haven't been following the debate, but admittedly I did get a good chuckle out of that petition. As far as blue print goes, a lot of it is voidable indeed. Of course companies still put it in because no-one actually goes to court over your standard little consumer dispute. But how much of it and which parts will be upheld can vary. Anyway, consumer protection is (un?)fortunately not my field either so I cannot quite chip in on this with too much authority.
Was it not more along the line of the consumer having to be realistically able to have the chance to read the TOS before doing a purchase, or otherwise it would be invalid? (And a TOS on some website somewhere would not be enough, the consumer had to have it readily available at the moment of purchase)
Nuuvem :

Borderlands 2 $22

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/851-borderlands-2

Borderlands 2 Season Pass $12.22

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/930-borderlands-2-season-pass
Post edited December 28, 2012 by ne_zavarj
AFnord: Was it not more along the line of the consumer having to be realistically able to have the chance to read the TOS before doing a purchase, or otherwise it would be invalid? (And a TOS on some website somewhere would not be enough, the consumer had to have it readily available at the moment of purchase)
Well, it's a bit of everything. Some of it is simply flat out void (for example, certain limitations of liability on the seller's behalf) regardless of whether the consumer reads it or not. Sellers (and consumers) simply cannot sign away your basic rights, much like you cannot sign a contract for someone to murder you.

As far as I remember, the reasonableness test applies to blue print clauses - whether the consumers do actually get adequate opportunity to read the ToS/EULA/etc when finalising their purchase. But I might be wrong on this.
grynn: Dead Island GOTY is 75% off at GG today.
They fixed it . 50% off . €9.97 in here .
abolat: OK.... See I made my analogy based on physical goods because software is, more or less, considered to have the same properties as physical goods and hence why piracy is classified as theft. Or at least that is my understanding of it. Perhaps M&M's was not a good example (teaches me for listening to my cravings I suppose).
Are you high? Not taking sides in the argument but software is vastly different from physical goods, hence license agreements and everything else that separates it. Comparing the two is usually lunacy.

Anyway...

Civilization V expansion is $5, not ten, if you bought damn near anything on amazon recently and got the $5 2K Games coupon. Awesome stuff.
Another Borderlands 2 offer . 50% off

http://getgamesgo.com/category/borderlands-2?
reaver894: still shows 87% off for me, (£8.75)
Eh, it's 45€ here. :-/
Civ V deals on Steam now

$7.49 base game
$12.49 GOTY
$7.49 Gods and Kings
$5 GOTY upgrade from base game
$1.86 for the Korea & Ancient Wonders combo pack to bring your GOTY version to 100%
reaver894: still shows 87% off for me, (£8.75)
Vitek: Eh, it's 45€ here. :-/
*sigh* Christmas Island also isn't what it used to be, anymore.

If some of you STILL have that £5 coupon: Crysis 2 Max Ed is £7.49 on uk.gamesplanet (2.49 after coupon)
[url=http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Crysis-2:-Maximum-Edition-3311-38.html?affiliate=SCEBAD121228&utm_source=newsbad&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=SCEBAD121228&mId=250743403]http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Crysis-2:-Maximum-Edition-3311-38.html?affiliate=SCEBAD121228&utm_source=newsbad&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=SCEBAD121228&mId=250743403[/url]
Post edited December 28, 2012 by dyscode
dyscode: *sigh* Christmas Island also isn't what it used to be, anymore.
I am in Continental Europe. :-)
Post edited December 28, 2012 by Vitek
Vitek: I am in Continental Europe. :-)
Oh! I just realized something... XD
Vitek: Eh, it's 45€ here. :-/
Easter Island is the next big thing :D
gameon: Easter Island is the next big thing :D
Whatever you do... don't go to Halloween Island.
Glad Amazon price matched AC3. It's Uplay either way, so buying it on Steam just adds a second layer of DRM. Glad I got the game finally!