It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm kicking around an idea for a game where everyone has either a personal objective or a faction objective to complete (or both). I'm thinking of using the basic framework of Mafia (day/night cycle, lynches, and night actions/kills), but with some wild variation from the basic concept after that. As it currently stands in my head, the game would end when all living players have completed their objectives or are unable to complete their objectives.

I don't know if this idea is feasible, or whether you guys would enjoy it, but it would certainly be different. Could I get two volunteers to help me flesh it out and try to make sure people will enjoy playing it? Three volunteers might work too, if there will be enough people to actually play it when finished.
I volunteer to help! Sounds similar to the mafia setup I had (that was TERRIBLY unbalanced...), but I think people liked the idea :)

EDIT: Oh snap, if I helped I wouldn't be able to play it would I? ...hmmm...I'll still help if you really need me, but I'd rather play it lol
Post edited April 06, 2015 by A_Future_Pilot
Bookwyrm627: I'm kicking around an idea for a game where everyone has either a personal objective or a faction objective to complete (or both). I'm thinking of using the basic framework of Mafia (day/night cycle, lynches, and night actions/kills), but with some wild variation from the basic concept after that. As it currently stands in my head, the game would end when all living players have completed their objectives or are unable to complete their objectives.

I don't know if this idea is feasible, or whether you guys would enjoy it, but it would certainly be different. Could I get two volunteers to help me flesh it out and try to make sure people will enjoy playing it? Three volunteers might work too, if there will be enough people to actually play it when finished.
I'm willing to lend a hand, I was thinking of sitting the next game out anyway and it does sound like an interesting idea :)
adaliabooks: I'm willing to lend a hand, I was thinking of sitting the next game out anyway and it does sound like an interesting idea :)
Where would be a good place to discuss it? Opening a GoG forum thread has obvious problems, and I don't know much about the Quick Topic threads (like how to open one).
Post edited April 06, 2015 by Bookwyrm627
For what it's worth, I have a setup that is essentially ready to roll, that I've put through a full polish myself. Flavor is written, roles are decided, PMs are written, twists are twisted, and it's ready to rock. All it needs is the ubiquitous second set of eyes and it's ready to go.

However...

Before I... or any other relatively newer player takes on full mod responsibility...

I believe we (newer players) should all play at least a couple of more games. I would greatly prefer to gain some more experience in-game before anyone should have to trust me to mod and not foul it all up. Hopefully Vitek will be available to mod #27, and if not, perhaps we skip around in the veteran rotation.

If Vitek can't do it - do any of the vets have a game at the ready? I know flub should have at least two in his pocket, but it's probably not fair to ask him to do two out of three...
yogsloth: If Vitek can't do it...
Then we see if RWarehall is ready. Then we see if CSPVG is ready. Then we see if Telika is ready. Then we see if QuadrAlien is ready.

After that... then things may get trickier. ;)

(I don't think it will need to get that tricky this time around)

If anyone thinks they may want to host in the future, then let the GOGfather know (either in this thread or by PM) so that they can be added to the list.
I am coming up with a game and would like to host in the future =) If that is ok. I would love to have my name added to the list.
Bookwyrm627: I'd like to be in on the next Mafia game, if people will have me.
Krypsyn: Only if people agree to stop calling you books2 *looks pointedly at Sage*. ;)
*looks down and twiddles thumbs*

OK I promise to stop calling Bookwyrm627 books 2

Is Wym ok? *looks at krypsyn for a answer too*
Sage103082: Is Wym ok? *looks at krypsyn for a answer too*
Hmm... "Wym the magical Wyrm of Books" will suffice.

Do note... he must be "magical'. None of that "mysterious" or "mystical" nonsense. ;)
adaliabooks: I'm willing to lend a hand, I was thinking of sitting the next game out anyway and it does sound like an interesting idea :)
Bookwyrm627: Where would be a good place to discuss it? Opening a GoG forum thread has obvious problems, and I don't know much about the Quick Topic threads (like how to open one).
Not sure about Quick Topics myself, but PM would presumably work for one on one conversation, but if there are three people or more something like a Quick Topic might be easier...

But as Krypsyn pointed out there is a queue for hosting so unless those already on the list aren't available or interested in hosting there's no rush ro get anything hammered out.
Bookwyrm627: I'm kicking around an idea for a game where everyone has either a personal objective or a faction objective to complete (or both). I'm thinking of using the basic framework of Mafia (day/night cycle, lynches, and night actions/kills), but with some wild variation from the basic concept after that. As it currently stands in my head, the game would end when all living players have completed their objectives or are unable to complete their objectives.

Happy to have a look and help out. Never modded one myself, but played in nearly all of em.
yogsloth: I know flub should have at least two in his pocket, but it's probably not fair to ask him to do two out of three...
It's never fair to ask me to do anything. I didn't get this lazy by doin' stuff!!
Sage103082: Is Wym ok?
I'm fine with Wym, though Wyrm might search better if other people go looking. ;)

And as I mentioned in the PM, if someone named AdaliaWyrm shows up, we might consider doing Bad Things to them.

adaliabooks: Not sure about Quick Topics myself, but PM would presumably work for one on one conversation, but if there are three people or more something like a Quick Topic might be easier...

But as Krypsyn pointed out there is a queue for hosting so unless those already on the list aren't available or interested in hosting there's no rush ro get anything hammered out.
I'm in no rush to mod, I just have the itch to work on it while I'm still thinking about it. If I let it sit for a month, who knows if I'll ever get around to completing it. To be honest, I half expect someone else to actually run the thing once it is complete; like Yog mentioned above, I don't really feel up to modding quite yet.

Robbeasy: Happy to have a look and help out. Never modded one myself, but played in nearly all of em.
I'm more or less happy to let as many people help develop as are interested, though if too many get involved in making it, we might not have enough players. I need two or three things: someone that can help make sure things are at least roughly balanced, someone that can keep an eye on whether everyone else is likely to enjoy it, and someone that can help with ideas if/when I run out. Naturally, a person can fulfill one or more of these needs.

Currently A_Future_Pilot, Adalia, Sage, and Robb have offered to help. If one or more of you would rather play it, let me know; I think we might be cutting into the player base at 4 helpers, and I don't know which of you to "cut" (so to speak) from the development team.
I'd rather play! Cut me, cut me! Lol
yogsloth: If Vitek can't do it - do any of the vets have a game at the ready? I know flub should have at least two in his pocket, but it's probably not fair to ask him to do two out of three...
But for the record (what record???) I do have two very different games ready to play. One is completely ready with all the charts and crap, and the other just needs those administrative things added.