It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foxgog: ...
while my fingers of the other hand rested readily on the CTRL+Z keys). ;-)
Clever approach.. :)

I always enjoy exploring the creativity posted in this thread, for me it always was the most interesting content on this forum.

I should be able to come up with something and post it later today.
Here goes.

Very curious if anybody can recognize what it represents at this point. I will refine details later if nobody does.
Attachments:
Post edited October 14, 2020 by Densetsu
foxgog: ...while my fingers of the other hand rested readily on the CTRL+Z keys). ;-)
Densetsu: Clever approach.. :)
(...)
Hello Densetsu!

Actually, less clever and more a consequence of my own hig expectations...
For me it is quite challenging to achieve the level of desired fidelity in order to be somewhat content with the end result.
But thanks, nontheless!
And I do appreciate the creativity in this thread (forum game), too. That's what moved me to participate.

Densetsu: Here goes.
Very curious if anybody can recognize what it represents at this point. I will refine details later if nobody does.
Interesting choice of colours. Could it be "Scanner Sombre"?

Kind regards,
foxgog
Those eyes. I'm sure I've seen them before but I just can't remember or find where...
Probably someone else might recognize it.
Densetsu: Clever approach.. :)
(...)
foxgog: Hello Densetsu!

Actually, less clever and more a consequence of my own hig expectations...
For me it is quite challenging to achieve the level of desired fidelity in order to be somewhat content with the end result.
But thanks, nontheless!
And I do appreciate the creativity in this thread (forum game), too. That's what moved me to participate.

Densetsu: Here goes.
foxgog: Interesting choice of colours. Could it be "Scanner Sombre"?

Kind regards,
foxgog
I understand. The end result in this case is commendable.. :)

It isn't Scanner Sombre, but checking the game, you gave a reasonable and interesting guess.

Lone_Scout: Those eyes. I'm sure I've seen them before but I just can't remember or find where...
Probably someone else might recognize it.
You're on the right track, friend.. :)

It might appear somewhat abstract, but that is so only because were it not the case I imagine it would be possibly instantly recognizable for a lot of people.
Post edited October 16, 2020 by Densetsu
I finally found it while browsing my library!

Flashback :)
Lone_Scout: I finally found it while browsing my library!

Flashback :)
Impressive!

Your turn.. :)
Post edited October 15, 2020 by Densetsu
I'm afraid my drawing skills don't match other participants of this thread so I'll make this one simple and easy.
Attachments:
hint.jpg (23 Kb)
Lone_Scout: I'm afraid my drawing skills don't match other participants of this thread so I'll make this one simple and easy.
It's Isaac!

From The Binding of Isaac!
Lone_Scout: I'm afraid my drawing skills don't match other participants of this thread so I'll make this one simple and easy.
JoeSapphire: It's Isaac!

It is indeed! Not the Isaac from Dead Space :)

Your turn, sir
foxgog: (...)
Actually, less clever and more a consequence of my own high expectations...
But thanks, nontheless!
(...)
Densetsu: I understand. The end result in this case is commendable.. :)
(...)
Hello again, Densetsu!

Pardon me, did you edited something out of your recent post?
When I first read your response, I did not had the time to reply. But I thought you asked something in the line of: 'Does "it" bother you in other areas of life, as well?'
If so, then I think it was not necessary at all to remove it. I do not mind answering that kind of question and do not feel offended at all!

Sincerely, those (usually too) high expectations of mine give me some troubles from time to time, especially when I am working on a project or even while writing documents, trying to find just the right and effective wording...
Often it is less of a concern to me, if I am doing or creating something only for myself (although, it still can be bothering some times). The real challenge in dealing with these expectations comes, when the "end result" is intended to be given to or evaluated by others in combination with a targeted time frame or deadline.
I know, such high or overly critical expectations are unrealistic. And I try to be content with 70 to 80%, fully aware, that the remaining 30 or 20% to achieve 'near perfection' actually take much more time than normally would be available nor feasible. However, to me it is just not as satisfying in the same way...

What I want to say is, it really does help to see or read positive feedback, such as yours and of the others alongside you here! It raises the level of my feeling content with the end result tremendously.
Occasionally, it also makes a difference for me to take another and more distant look at the "product" (or work in progress), either spatially distant or after some time has passed, in order to see it in/from a new perspective.

Anyway, thank you very much, Densetsu, Vitek and JoeSapphire!
You have made it all the more worthwhile for me to finally having participated in this creative forum game.

Hello Lone_Scout!

Do not be shy! Your drawing depicts all the right details to recognise the game it is based on.
There is no need to and usually no benefit in comparing oneself with others.

I am not considering myself an artist either, but merely an amateur with a certain 'challenge' and propably a different perspective on subject or object to be drawn.
Neither me nor the others before or after (me I suppose) intend to show off. We all just want to have some fun, share some non-professional art and maybe discovering some hidden gem among those games chosen for the illustrations!
Besides, as common in certain party games with the task of drawing or scribbling something, the quality of the illustration is not important for the entertainment value. Often, the ambiguity in less sophisticated drawings and scetches can stimulate wilder and more entertaining guesses of the audience.

Hence, keep guessing and drawing everyone!

Kind regards,
foxgog
Densetsu: I understand. The end result in this case is commendable.. :)
(...)
foxgog: Hello again, Densetsu!

Pardon me, did you edited something out of your recent post?
When I first read your response, I did not had the time to reply. But I thought you asked something in the line of: 'Does "it" bother you in other areas of life, as well?'
If so, then I think it was not necessary at all to remove it. I do not mind answering that kind of question and do not feel offended at all!

Sincerely, those (usually too) high expectations of mine give me some troubles from time to time, especially when I am working on a project or even while writing documents, trying to find just the right and effective wording...
Often it is less of a concern to me, if I am doing or creating something only for myself (although, it still can be bothering some times). The real challenge in dealing with these expectations comes, when the "end result" is intended to be given to or evaluated by others in combination with a targeted time frame or deadline.
I know, such high or overly critical expectations are unrealistic. And I try to be content with 70 to 80%, fully aware, that the remaining 30 or 20% to achieve 'near perfection' actually take much more time than normally would be available nor feasible. However, to me it is just not as satisfying in the same way...

What I want to say is, it really does help to see or read positive feedback, such as yours and of the others alongside you here! It raises the level of my feeling content with the end result tremendously.
Occasionally, it also makes a difference for me to take another and more distant look at the "product" (or work in progress), either spatially distant or after some time has passed, in order to see it in/from a new perspective.

Anyway, thank you very much, Densetsu, Vitek and JoeSapphire!
You have made it all the more worthwhile for me to finally having participated in this creative forum game.

foxgog: Hello Lone_Scout!

Do not be shy! Your drawing depicts all the right details to recognise the game it is based on.
There is no need to and usually no benefit in comparing oneself with others.

I am not considering myself an artist either, but merely an amateur with a certain 'challenge' and propably a different perspective on subject or object to be drawn.
Neither me nor the others before or after (me I suppose) intend to show off. We all just want to have some fun, share some non-professional art and maybe discovering some hidden gem among those games chosen for the illustrations!
Besides, as common in certain party games with the task of drawing or scribbling something, the quality of the illustration is not important for the entertainment value. Often, the ambiguity in less sophisticated drawings and scetches can stimulate wilder and more entertaining guesses of the audience.

Hence, keep guessing and drawing everyone!

Kind regards,
foxgog
You're right, that was the part I edited out; I had an afterthought that you might find it offensive, which wasn't my intention, or intrusive.

I had intended to respond that the wider perspective you take on specific matter, the less relevant it becomes, but it's evident from your observant response that you're well aware of that and that this "inconvenience" isn't your blind spot.

I agree with taking a break (if you can) when you're stuck. It's good practice. Sometimes coming back to a project at a later time can bring about better results, with less effort.

All the best.. :) .. looking forward to more artworks from you!
JoeSapphire: It's Isaac!

Boop.
JoeSapphire: (...)
It's Isaac!
Hello JoeSapphire!

How are you doing? Just a little reminder:
I guess it is still your turn to draw something, since you identified Lone_Scout's drawing.

Kind ragards,
foxgog
JoeSapphire: (...)
It's Isaac!
foxgog: Hello JoeSapphire!

How are you doing? Just a little reminder:
I guess it is still your turn to draw something, since you identified Lone_Scout's drawing.

Kind ragards,
foxgog
SORRY

yes thanks for the nudge, I will do it tonight

I have had an idea in mind but putting it off because I'm worried it won't work. wish me luck!