It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anybody want's Age of Wonders 1? I offered it before but nobody replied.
Has wasteland 2 been on repeated sale yet? Missed the first one and now I've got class :(

My first insomnia sale and its been a blast following the sale and this thread. I hope planescape torment and the baldurs gate series goes on sale.
Exoanthrope: So what is everybody still waiting on?

I just want to try for X-Wing in round 3 and I think I'll be done.
hummer010: I'm still waiting on Drox Operative. It's the last game that I'm looking for that fits in my budget. And now that I picked up Black Mirror 2, my budget got that much smaller.
Shadowrun Dragonfall - is it due around again?
I spent 14 minutes on the phone, and the thread got 5 new pages.

Wasteland?! Oooooh nostalgia and radioactive devastation.

And the fact that the game was made when the cold war was a thing makes it even more historical.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
BillyMaysFan59: Any opinions on Wasteland 1? Is it easy enough to get into?
[url=http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/wasteland.html]http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/wasteland.html[/url]

Here is a good walkthrough that will help you with the start, technical stuff and so on...

Imo it's even today playable and easier to get in compared to other old rpg's, let alone because of the top down view and that you don't need to make maps.

It's quite hard, but imho still worth playing.
Leonard03: Is that the secret? I've just been using a +1 Quarter Staff :P
Tarnicus: I store all my games in a Bag of Holding :)
That's where I keep my balls... oh and chains!
Stupid work meetings :( Missed Tie Fighter once again. Some good stuff in this sale though. Anyone think they'll may a fourth repeat or maybe a big batch at the end?
I would love age of wonder 1
It is a game i never played but heard alot of good things about it
apehater: i just thought, buying 400 copies of an game that sells slow and after the sale using the return policy to give all copies back :)
Grargar: If you have the money, the patience and the accounts...
no on one account, thats the funny part, you just get 400 gift codes :)
deleted
Tekkaman-James: A public service announcement: Anyone who bought, or is going to buy, Wasteland 2 during this Insomnia Sale, please note that this version comes with a free redemption code for the first Wasteland.
Good catch. I totally forgot that!
Tarnicus: I'm going clean, I swear it! My collection has somehow gotten to well in excess of 2000 games....
If you finish 5 games a week, you're through in only 7,5 years ;-P
Matruchus: Anybody want's Age of Wonders 1? I offered it before but nobody replied.
I would love age of wonders 1, i didnt reply the right way lol :D
trentonlf: No need to wait till the next round, check your PM :-)
HypersomniacLive: Must feel good getting it all out of your system, eh? ;-P
Happiness and joy always feels good :-)
BillyMaysFan59: Any opinions on Wasteland 1? Is it easy enough to get into?
I played it for hundreds of hours when I was younger but have yet to return to it. My view through nostalgic rose-tinted glasses is that it is brilliant! I am not sure I would say 'easy to get into' but that depends on your preferences and gaming history. If you have ever played any of the old Bard's Tale games, then I would say yes it is easy to get into and better than those :) It requires thinking and strategy and a hell of a lot of luck (without the right gear) in certain parts.