It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exoanthrope: Have you ever seen this article about adventure games? ;)
Dalthnock: I have.

And they were right.

I guess it's easy to forget all the crap out there & only remember the good ones.
I occasionally reread that article just for the laughs, and it's great fun to direct people to, but it's "argument" for the death of adventure games is brain-dead. I'm not sure if the author believed it, or just wrote something funny that readers have taken too seriously.

It takes a well-regarded and successful adventure game, points out how ridiculous some of its events are when real-world thinking is applied, and just says - "There! That's why the genre died." It's like trying to explain why so many MMOs fail by pointing out the ridiculous tropes in World of Warcraft. Of course they exist, but there's just no direct connection to the failure of that game segment as a whole.

In truth, adventure gamers are as familiar with their own tropes as, say, FPS players are with the similarly silly notions of always taking headshots and healing instantly by picking up a first aid kit. Anyone playing Mario knows that enemies will hurt you unless jumped on from above, but the inability to apply this knowledge to real-world dangerous animals hasn't killed the platforming genre. In an adventure game you automatically take everything that's not nailed down, and investigate anything that looks like it can be poked, prodded, smashed or talked to, ...just because. So the puzzles this, and similar, articles point at really aren't as obscure as they'd like to make out, and it's not possible to make any causal links between them and the decline of the genre.

While talking about fun tropes though, here's another webpage I thought was good. I especially like the Law of Exploding Barrels and the Stormtrooper Effect:
http://warp.povusers.org/fpscliches.html
Klumpen0815: Yes, they claimed there was some game supposed to have -90% but the lineup changed after the eMail.
Maxvorstadt: How are the chances that in the second or third round is a game with 90% off? Oviously the thing with Witcher 3 90% off is a joke.
I don't think they will be selling any game with 90% off
Man I've been trying to catch Arcanum and I've missed both time. Going to have to try to keep a better look out today.
Psionboy: That's weird. I know they did earlier, if you hovered over the buy button.
xy2345: Nothing happens when I hover over Deus Ex's buy button, which I already own. Probably like everybody else.
For games I already owned before the sale has started there is an owned indication. But not for the games I bought during the sale.

Also when I hover over an owned game button's label changes and I can buy it. There's a message that it must be bought as a gift on checkout page.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by vanchann
Exoanthrope: I would buy it, but I shamefully still need to finish the first one...
Dalthnock: When you start picking up cogs, close the game immediately.

You won. There is no need to go any further. DO NOT FINISH THE LAST LEVEL!
This sounds ominous. Now I'm wondering if they went for a Blake's 7 ending, or a St Elsewhere snowglobe. Or something worse...
Who wants a copy of Aarklash?
Guys, since yesterday I try to catch the critical hit without success.
I have read some of which have also caught more than once.
If any of these lucky he caught a game that he had already, and do not know who to give it, he send me a mp.
thank you
Seems like Aarklash takes its time. Its been nearly an hour and it is still here.
opticq: Who wants a copy of Aarklash?
I would like to have it
This guy:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/half_the_sleep_twice_the_fun_insomnia_returns_to_gogcom_64aad/post549
zlep: -snip
Nah, OMM is pretty sarcastic, but it's good for laughs. Their Crate Review System is great, too.

zlep: While talking about fun tropes though, here's another webpage I thought was good. I especially like the Law of Exploding Barrels and the Stormtrooper Effect:
http://warp.povusers.org/fpscliches.html
Ha, that's great!
high rated
LiefLayer: I would like to have it
PM sent! Enjoy
LiefLayer: I would like to have it
opticq: PM sent! Enjoy
Thank you a lot
Hi, I am finally back.

Have the Shadowrun Games already been in the 2nd round?
Khajiin: Hi, I am finally back.

Have the Shadowrun Games already been in the 2nd round?
I think I saw them.