It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Malek86: I'm surprised that Alan Wake went so quickly (it was given for free quite recently), and Uru is going so slowly. The price seems really good.
It was free for half an hour during the Summer. Not exactly surprising.
MrDrWatson: Witcher 2? That reminds me I have the first one still to finish....
*Raises his hand in shame* - Me too. O.o
CarrionCrow: I sincerely hope so. Continuing to hold out hope for Original Sin, so every slow burn recent item delays me knowing whether or not that game's in the mix.
I'm holding out for Arx Fatalis or Gothic 1. I can dream.
phaolo: Impulse buy at the last second: Mark of the Ninja
Hopefully it's good :O
Me too. First purchase so far.

Also, got a 360 controller ready for it too. :)
Exoanthrope: Gothic 1. I can dream.
You can dream for this indeed.

Exoanthrope: Arx Fatalis.
This, on the other hand, is too much even for a dream.
triock: *Raises his hand in shame* - Me too. O.o
There are many that share the shame, including myself. Left it at almost the half way point last year and still haven't gone back to it yet.
Grargar: This, on the other hand, is too much even for a dream.
It is telling how much of a psychological effect a percentage discount has, since many are always waiting for a discount on this one despite it being a $5.99 game. :)
Post edited March 03, 2015 by stg83
Alright well time for me to hit the hay! I have class tomorrow, unfortunately. Goodnight everyone.

And if someone manages to snag an extra KOTOR 1 or 2 or Battlefront 2, I'll gladly pay you for it :D
stg83: It is telling how much of a psychological effect a percentage discount has, since many are always waiting for a discount on this one despite it being a $5.99 game. :)
Wait, I thought it was $9.99. O.o
Why have I not bought that yet?!
*hids, hoping that noone will notice him*
Stilton: That's so sad, no Nordic games, and me a Viking....
adaliabooks: Well, there have been some (one?) Nordic games that have briefly returned (I like that they don't want to sell their games here but are more than happy to put them up in a big sale for some profits).

And just because there are no games published by Nordic doesn't mean we can't have games with a Norse setting. I'm personally hoping Banner Saga shows up nice and cheap.
That is not true however. Nordic Games and GOG are on great terms with each other according to public statements made her in the forms by both companies. They both clearly communicated with us here in the forums that the reason their games had to be removed was that GOG changed their pricing policies in a way that was incompatible with contractual obligations they had with other distribution platforms, and if my memory serves correct that they also were not in a position to be able to accept payment in multiple currencies and foot exchange rate related differences. I'm paraphrasing so don't take my words as verbatim please, if there is any doubt please seek out the exact comments in the forums (I don't have links handy or I'd link to them). In any case, there were both business and legal reasons if I recall correctly why they had to withdraw their games at the time, but they also said they hoped to be able to return some time because they like GOG.

Now they've been able to bring their games back here during 2 promotions at least, and so one might get wise to that and say "if there were legal or other issues having the games here how come there are not issues having the games here during a promotion?". Of course only the game publisher can answer such a question with accuracy as they're the only one likely to know the answer, but there's also a good chance that that level of detail of their internal business might not be something they want to discuss on a random public Internet forum that could potentially boil into an angry heated debate potentially either. I can't speak for them but we don't have verbatim copies of any legal obligations they might be under or other things of that nature and their legal stuff might very well allow them to do things like this but not to be able to meet GOG's non-sale policies or something of that sort.

In either case I think the fair and reasonable thing to do is to trust that GOG is doing the right thing, trust that Nordic is doing the right thing, take them for their word and be thankful that they are able to come to an agreement to make their games available here even temporarily for us DRM-free for the time being, and continue to hope to see their entire catalogue show up some day in the future if the pricing and legal issues can ever get sorted out. They seem like a good DRM-free GOG friendly company overall at least to me. ;o)

I'm quite happy that Nordic is able and willing to participate in these promos as last time they did I was able to pick up a handful of their games I missed out on previously and at super low prices and completed several game series I was missing a few games from. Who knows what the future holds, but I'll try to remain hopeful that the conditions occur that sees them once again join the GOG catalogue full force in the future. I see them as a DRM-free ally even if they are not presently in the store because the world is rarely all black or all white, most things are shades of grey and we have to adapt to having a little black in our white or white in or black if that makes sense. :)

I'd dig it up myself if I wasn't so tired, but someone else might feel up to searching the forums for GOG and/or Nordic's friendly informative explanations from last year when the pricing changes happened and the games got pulled.
phaolo: *hids, hoping that noone will notice him*
I can see you! Come out there behind the tree!
opticq: Alright well time for me to hit the hay! I have class tomorrow, unfortunately. Goodnight everyone.

And if someone manages to snag an extra KOTOR 1 or 2 or Battlefront 2, I'll gladly pay you for it :D
I'll try to look out for them :)
Good morning, Insomniacs!

My day is starting out great, thanks to Grargar! Everyone give him a +1 and a big hug for giving me a copy of Mask of the Ninja. This is why, 10 months ago, during the last Insomnia Promo, I became a loyal member and frequent forum contributor. The camaraderie and kindness I've seen from this community continues to amaze me. I hope my small contributions have helped to pay that forward to others here on this site. You guys (and gals, of course) are awesome!

Now, to see what I missed while I was foolishly slumbering. :P
CarrionCrow: I sincerely hope so. Continuing to hold out hope for Original Sin, so every slow burn recent item delays me knowing whether or not that game's in the mix.
Exoanthrope: I'm holding out for Arx Fatalis or Gothic 1. I can dream.
Arx Fatalis would be great. Already have Gothic 1 though. Lucky me. ^^
phaolo: *hids, hoping that noone will notice him*
Maxvorstadt: I can see you! Come out there behind the tree!
Oh damn, busted! XD