It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Easy. You DON'T get the money back you get a store credit which can be used at a later time but only for games also. Then comes the fact that GOG pays this out of their own money. So to support the greedy publisher (yes, that is the way I see it and will always see it - it it were a requirement to use RP everybody would do it) they spent money to keep their customers. Something I don't like to support.
At the end of the day, while I also don't like the whole idea of RP, I'm alright with the solution that GOG has come up with.
I'm fine with the money being Store Credit, because well, there are always games on here that I'd buy and actually buy again, even if I already have them on Steam, because they're sold DRM-free.
GOG are putting their own money where their rhetoric is. Even if they can't change the whole industry because they're not big as Steam, they're making sure that at least in some way, you're not getting ripped off by the greedy publishers.
I support GOG because at the moment, they seem to be the biggest company out there that does support non-DRM, and if I can make their presence a little bit bigger, hopefully, their influence on the publishers will become bigger.

[Addendum: You don't shoot the golden goose, you mate it and hope for more golden geese chicks. ;)]
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Getcomposted
high rated
Redfern: Noooooo!!!! Freedom planet gone by while i was away :(((
You may want to check your pm.
mattymuc: Any chance for Lumino City or was it in round 3 already?
Nope it still has not come up.
Redfern: Noooooo!!!! Freedom planet gone by while i was away :(((
Cavalary: You may want to check your pm.
Usually i try to gift back something...
mattymuc: Any chance for Lumino City or was it in round 3 already?
You still have a chance. It hasn't done round 3 yet.
JDelekto: BTW, did you (or do you still play any Interactive Fiction)?
Not anymore. I played some of the text adventures back in the day - i.e. Zork. But tbh - Lucasfilm Games spoiled me.
The_Blog: Expires? O.o
Why does it expire. That doesn't seem to make any sence what'so ever...
Ask them...
Geralt_of_Rivia: Actually, they had four principles. But they also dropped the other two silently before.
You mean at least 3 years old and at most $9.99? Yeah, that was rather when it all started, but those weren't actually spelled out. What they always said was DRM-free, flat price and customer love, but that last one is hardly specific, so leaves 2.
Redfern: Usually i try to gift back something...
Pass the happiness along!
MarkoH01: I asked before but did not receive the answer I was looking for:
Is anybody here who REALLY wanted "MIND: Path To Thalamus" aka the new king of Insomnia?
I see where this is going, but I did , so I bought it with actual money.
It may be that someone missed it but is already sound asleep right now...
Getcomposted: At the end of the day, while I also don't like the whole idea of RP, I'm alright with the solution that GOG has come up with.
I'm fine with the money being Store Credit, because well, there are always games on here that I'd buy and actually buy again, even if I already have them on Steam, because they're sold DRM-free.
GOG are putting their own money where their rhetoric is. Even if they can't change the whole industry because they're not big as Steam, they're making sure that at least in some way, you're not getting ripped off by the greedy publishers.
I support GOG because at the moment, they seem to be the biggest company out there that does support non-DRM, and if I can make their presence a little bit bigger, hopefully, their influence on the publishers will become bigger.
Which means everytime you buy a RP game GOG loses a little money so that a publisher can earn more money. That is far from correct or fair. Yes, GOG did the best they could but that still does not mean that there is even ONE argument for RP.
Shendue: I think that regional pricing, especially on digital items, and especially considering it isn't calculated correctly depending on VAT, but usually it's higher, it's completely a ripoff to customers.
Therefore, i don't want to support the companies who sell those games by buying them. I would care about the fact that i get store credit in return if i was worried about the price, but that's not actually the issue, it's a matter of principle. I'm just expressing my opinion with my wallet. If the authors of the game will ever change their mind about the regional pricing, i won't mind buying the game twice, for what matters.
Store credit means nothing, it's GOG that is giving you that, not the company that sells the game itself. I don't want GOG to cover the difference, i just want the company that sells the game realize it's a scam.
I agree completely with ^this, it is indeed a matter of principle and some people including GOG lately do not care about that if it doesn't effect them but this trend for digital distribution needs to be discouraged until publishers start realizing that they can't nickle and dime customers based on their geographical location any way they please.

If there is no one left standing to fight for this principal then it will never ever bring about any kind of change to unfair industry standard practices. Unfortunately GOG was the only one that was doing so initially with their one world fair price mantra but now they are just looking to expand and appeal to everyone like any other digital distribution store discarding a stance that made them really special for a lot of their original loyal customers.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by stg83
Getcomposted: At the end of the day, while I also don't like the whole idea of RP, I'm alright with the solution that GOG has come up with.
I aknowledge it, and that's why i'm still supporting them by using their service. But that doesn't mean i have to support regional pricing as well. I'll just buy the non-regionally priced ones to support companies that have a fair price policy over them.
If anybody agreed to do that, companies would have to drop the regional pricing bullcrap and everything would be sold at fairly priced rates.
I actually don't see what the problem is. We're just expressing our opinion about the subject with the most polite form of protest possible, nor we are saying anything bad about people that buy those games. It's just our right as customers to decide what we want to buy, or isn't it?
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue
MarkoH01: I asked before but did not receive the answer I was looking for:
Is anybody here who REALLY wanted "MIND: Path To Thalamus" aka the new king of Insomnia?
It looks like a pretty cool puzzle game.
The_Blog: Expires? O.o
Why does it expire. That doesn't seem to make any sence what'so ever...
They kind of empty your credit after a year. This is delayed if you get some more store credit by purchasing another regional priced game. It's official. 4th question is regarding that topic.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by huN73R
toxicTom: Not anymore. I played some of the text adventures back in the day - i.e. Zork. But tbh - Lucasfilm Games spoiled me.
I'm getting old, it wasn't until you mentioned Zork that I figured out why "grue" sounded so familiar.
Especially considering how many times I was killed by one.