It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: I bought a 17 button Razer Naga Epic MMO wired/wireless about 9 months before the Logitech. I had done my research on several candidate mice (and did not know Logitech had one so it wasn't in my original matrix), and of all the options I ended up going with the Razer. The Razer hardware I thought was fantastic, well put together very well engineered... but... everything else from there on out went downhill.

The Razer mouse software REQUIRES you to make an account online MANDATORY and log in just to use your mouse. If you do NOT do this, then your mouse is effectively a 3 button mouse using the Windows drivers. It stores all of your mouse configuration profiles online "in the cloud" mandatory and you can not opt out of their online activation. I did not find this out before buying the product but was insanely upset when I did find out, and I wasn't alone. Googling about it I found angry hoards of gamers wanting to set Razer on fire for such stupid crap. But it didn't end there...

Razer tech support was on a shaky VoIP line in India and I got disconnected umpteen times, but when I did have the guy on the phone he was practically useless. After 2 hours of screwing around unhelpful he directed me to an older version of their software that did not have the mandatory online requirement, but that is no longer supported. I got that and it turned out to be buggy as hell too, but far less buggy than their current driver at the time. It screwed up maybe 1/4 as much, but both software packages screamed loud "10 year olds wrote this in QBASIC and we don't have a QA team and we don't give a crap about bugs in our software and will never fix them, thanks for your money now piss off".

So, I ended up using the mouse with the old unsupported software and rebooting when I needed to reset the driver and get it working again, sometimes having to save a game and exit, reboot, start game again. After 9 months when I went to put it on the recharge stand the lights went out on the mouse and it stopped working completely. The mouse completedly died spontaneously for no apparent reason and is now a paperweight. I paid $99 for that Razer mouse so I wasn't terribly thrilled to say the least. Razer tech support basically told me "tough luck".

I went and ordered the Logitech G600 about a week later, and had it within another week or so. The Logitech is sort of ugly, but it feels so much better and WORKS so much better. It has more functions in the software, more buttons, and even has an embedded LUA scripting language to write your own custom mouse code for games or whatever built in. Simply awesomesauce. The Logitech software has some bugs also but it is far far more stable than Razer's crap, and the workarounds are easy to deal with when the problems rarely occur.

So, my apologies for the lengthy review but I couldn't sleep tonight if I didn't try to stop someone from possibly making the horrible mistake of purchasing Razer hardware. It "looks" nice, but that's nice to sit it on your mantlepiece and to make conversation while entertaining dinner guests, but for actual gaming or other real world use - get Logitech, they make awesome shit that just works and works awesome.

This has been a PSA. (Public Skeletonbow Announcement) ;oP
MaGo72: Wow a mandatory Razer online account to use the full functionality, the mouse config in a cloud. That is clearly a no go for me.
Yep, and it actually sounds so ridiculous and incomprehensibly outrageous that I would not fault anyone if they were in disbelief over it. To read the horror in it's full glory just poke through a couple of these search results...

https://www.google.com/search?q=razer+mouse+always+online&rlz=1C1GGGE___US536US537&oq=razer+mouse+online&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.7038j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

If only I'd done more research first. It's like having to have an active Internet connection to start your car or to make toast in your toaster in the morning. Serious WTF right there!
Gnostic: Insomnia standstill, looks like it is going to drag to monday also
Based on today's pace it will go well into Tuesday.

GK has now hit the halfway point, at what, 4h 40 min?
Melvinica: So what games are still to come? I can't find any link on the last pages.
Look here.
zenwan: Thank you very much for that PS(bow)A. ;-) and another + for all your helpful information.

I had no idea that Razor were so bad, that is unbelievable.

I do like Logitech, but if the mouse gets too big, then I have problems with my wrist, so that is why I'm a little wary of one that I can't try out first. On the other hand, the choices here are very limited, so I will probably just have to take a chance.
No prob, happy to help. :) The Razer had a nice feel but it was rather small, like it was made for someone much younger, even when I put the largest of the adjustable side rails it comes with on it. I got used to it but always felt like it should be bigger. The Logitech is slightly bigger, but just enough to be perfect at least for my hand, and while the Razer *looks* more ergonomic, the Logitech feels much more ergonomic to the grasp, which actually surprised me because I didn't think the Logitech looked nearly as comfy. It's all about the function though and not so much about the looks, so it worked out quite well with the Logitech. If you can find one in a store, try it out to get a feel for it.
bugamn: If other games are like GK it will last until the end of the month.
gamefood: Cognition and FTL(because everyone owns it already xD) might be also good candidates for the throne of Keane.
TBH, I'm afraid of the movies.
skeletonbow: snip
That's absurd. Another reason to not like Razer. This is exactly why I'm taking my sweet time to research about my PC build. Brand loyalty for hardware in my opinion is not such a good thing.
Anaxphone: Look here.
Thanks.
Out of curiosity, can the Logitech be used with either hand, or is it righty only?
gamefood: Cognition and FTL(because everyone owns it already xD) might be also good candidates for the throne of Keane.
PalioDeMonte: TBH, I'm afraid of the movies.
Fresh: Ink
Fresh Too: The Frame

See you all in a week!
opticq: Anyone here watch Arrow and Flash? I can't wait till they come back
I watch both and think they are both good. Though Arrow is IMHO better than Flash and on top of that there are better series out there at the moment. Not superhero themed though.
PalioDeMonte: TBH, I'm afraid of the movies.
opticq: Fresh: Ink

See you all in a week!
And each at least a 1000 pieces.
opticq: Yeah I normally don't become a fan of hardware makers, I generally go with what looks good and what works well. And for this reason I don't touch Razer, that bright green looks horrible to me. Now if only Steelseries' mice had more buttons. I dig the simple black and white.
I fell for the hype and tried a Razer mouse once. They said it was miles better than a Logitech mouse. I tried it and it sucked balls. Sold it after a couple days. Never trust hype.
opticq: Anyone here watch Arrow and Flash? I can't wait till they come back
Geralt_of_Rivia: I watch both and think they are both good. Though Arrow is IMHO better than Flash and on top of that there are better series out there at the moment. Not superhero themed though.
Oh definitely, we are like in the golden age of great TV. So many good scripted TV shows.
Anaxphone: Look here.
That list hasn't been updated for a while.
opticq: Fresh: Ink

See you all in a week!
MarkoH01: And each at least a 1000 pieces.
If this happens this Insomnia sale will wander into Christmas 2016.