It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redfern: Dammit, i missed Pier Solar...
Hello there. Long time no see. =)

I am waiting for Hammerwatch but it's not coming up. :/
high rated
Tarnicus: Welcome to the forums, code for A Bird Story PMd and instructions on how to activate it :)
stg83: A very warm welcome indeed Tarnicus, +1 for the generosity as always. :)
Gah you guys have gotten me to 666 rep! I said last night that if that were to happen, I would be banished to the underworld!

*Tarnicus begins casting Ward: Dimensional Shield*
Wait... I missed Dead State?

Crap. I mean it was on me ehhh list, but would have liked to have had the option.
Maxvorstadt: Hey guys and girls, what happened this day in the crazy insomnia sale? Wasn`t at home, had some to do. Then I was drinking some Tequila Sunrises with a girl, so I couldn`t follow the thread.
Co8uld you please inform me which games were sold this day?
You can see what games are left to appear here.
JDelekto: I'm trying to be cautious and wait to see who ends up on top (kind of like VHS vs. BetaMax or DVD-HD vs. Blu-Ray). :-)
j0ekerr: In the DVD-HD vs BluRay war, the winner was Netflix.

I don't know a single person who owns a bluray player nor has plans to.
We should get to know each other then? Nothing (for now until 4K comes out) comes close to blu-ray in terms of picture and sound quality. Netflix is an easy and fast way to watch a movie, but for anyone's collectors and perfection needs, hard copy is always better.
Tarnicus: Welcome to the forums, code for A Bird Story PMd and instructions on how to activate it :)
MeganSC: This community sure knows how to make new guests feel welcome! Again, thank you very much :)
It's our trap to make people stay forever and join in the insanity of future Insomnia sales :)
Tarnicus: Gah you guys have gotten me to 666 rep! I said last night that if that were to happen, I would be banished to the underworld!

Screencapped for eternity. >:D
Attachments:
number.jpg (123 Kb)
Gonna grab some sleep. Good night guys. :)
stg83: A very warm welcome indeed Tarnicus, +1 for the generosity as always. :)
Tarnicus: Gah you guys have gotten me to 666 rep! I said last night that if that were to happen, I would be banished to the underworld!

Shit Devil's number. Call the Exorcist priest. +1 +1 +1

It's not working. He's turning on us. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
mm3n: It's good you are going through it with wine at least, I was trying to dry out a bottle of cola and it doesn't help with my growing sleepiness. Sleep deprivation symptoms sometimes result in just that.
Look at my forum tag! ;-)
The_Blog: Gonna grab some sleep. Good night guys. :)
Good night. Get a good night rest.
high rated
budejovice: *snip*.....I would love to bag a crit or two for gifting. C'mon GOG, hook a guy up! :)
stg83: I wish you the best of luck for this noble endeavor budejovice, you like many other nice people here certainly deserve one. :)

So are you listening GOG RNG Freebie Algorithm, stop being so cruel to all these genuinely good folks and let them get a crit already. ;)
After your recent crit (Door Kickers?), I believe you are in tune with the algorithm, so I appreciate you applying your skills to rest of us! :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by budejovice

Matruchus: Shit Devil's number. Call the Exorcist priest. +1 +1 +1

It's not working. He's turning on us. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Actually it's not the devils number - it's the number of the beast.
genkicolleen: lol~ My dad's 66 and a serious gamer -- he's playing Ascent - The Space Game as we speak; the latest in a long line of MMO's. I got my gaming tendencies from him (though I think that MMO's are evil. EVIL I say!) XD
Shendue: As i already mentioned on this very thread, i started gaming on pc by playing point-and-click games with my mother. I played all the classics in co-op with her, we helped each other taking turns when one of us got stuck at some point.

And my father was what i would define a closet gamer.
My parents divorced when i was very little and i went to live with my mother, who some years after married another man. Buy she always stayed in touch with my father and from time to time i spent some weekends and vacations with him. At one of those times, i guess i was 12-13, i stayed with him on my holidays.
I had an Atari Lynx i received for xmas and i kept playing the thing 24/7 with the two games i had at the time, Blue Lightning and Rygar. Since i was basically glued at the screen all time, he kept telling me that i would become dumb if i kept playing every time, and constantly kept telling me to turn the thing off at least for a little and talk with other people or do something more healthy.
After a couple days with him at his place, i was sleeping at late night and woke up, i guess it was about 3 am, and aimed to the kitchen to take a glass of water. As soon as i came out of the bedroom, i started seeing a light and barely audible sound. I followed them and found my father, 3 am, mind it, on the couch COMPLETELY fixed on the Lynx. I swear by God, it looked like he was playing the world championship finals or something like that, he was totally hooked. I said "but, dad...uh...it's 3 am..." and he was, like, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I FINALLY REACHED LEVEL 6-2! DON'T TALK TO ME!" XD XD XD

Some years later he bought an early precursor of media center PCs, the OLIVETTI ENVISION (it was a revolutionary thing at the time, but didn't get much commercial success). I payed him a visit and he showed me the thing, enthusiastically. He kept saying that it was very cool and had lots of media functions, and was also pretty helpful for work.
I played with the thing a few and found out it had some videogames on a demo disk, so i asked him if i could try them. I started Street Fighter II and EVERY ENTRY OF THE HI-SCORE LIST had my father's name on it. "Work, uh? Sure." XD

I miss him a lot. I know it's kinda of a downer, sorry, but i gotta share: when i went to watch over him in the hospital after i heard he was really ill, i found a copy of a submarine simulator on his laptop. It may be stupid, but as a gamer it relieved me a little bit thinking that he was able at least to kill time and enjoy himself a little bit with something playful as a distraction those hard days.
Actually, not really a downer but kinda heartwarming, in a Simpson's kind of way. Thanks for sharing so eloquently.
MeganSC: This community sure knows how to make new guests feel welcome! Again, thank you very much :)
Tarnicus: It's our trap to make people stay forever and join in the insanity of future Insomnia sales :)
I already feel my money slipping further out of my control...