It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: I played a decent amount of Empire: Total War. I love cannons and muskets :-) It was decent fun, but not without some annoying problems. The AI seemed to be not very I at all, and naval battles got to be a real drag. Still, it wasn't a bad game, and I played about 20 hours or so of it.
I've played a bit of each of the Dawn of War games, and found them enjoyable. Even DoW2. I might pick up one or two of my missing ones if they showed up here...

Halo is an FPS, yes. They made one RTS spinoff a few years ago. I didn't like the FPS ones at all, so I wonder if I'd enjoy Halo more in an entirely different genre :-)
Yes, the Total War games are not the most complete, luckily modding can help. I actually disabled gunpowder and cannons on Medieval 2 as I prefer the good old medieval setting. I never tried Empire, Medieval 2 was my last games as I was tired of each new game getting worse and removing more and more features. I have been playing them since Shogun 1, but each new game got worse. They just did not seem bothered to make a fully working game.

I have never really played the DOW 2 games, but after hearing my brothers and Crow mention the bad points, they are not must haves. I would still try them, but from what I have seen it is just a lazy made game with a Warhammer skin.

I like the adverts I have seen for Halo, like this one, but I was never too interested in the game. It just seemed a little too much like a multiplayer focused generic shooter to me. I could be mistaken of course, but that is how it always came off to me.

ElTerprise: Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*

Currently having a break again. Hope you're all doing fine :)
Good morning, ELT!

How are you, and how are you classes going today?

*big hug*
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson
ElTerprise: Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*

Currently having a break again. Hope you're all doing fine :)
What did you break this time? >:-|

*big return hug* Hope you are doing better than fine.
ddickinson: Good morning, ELT!

How are you, and how are you classes going today?

*big hug*
Hey DD *big hug*
I'm fine. The class is really interesting but stressful nonetheless especially since we started to work on some spatial analyses :)
How are you?

AgentBirdnest: What did you break this time? >:-|

*big return hug* Hope you are doing better than fine.
xD
Well in that case i probably broke the class - fully intentional though :P
*big hug* No - just fine. What about you?
ddickinson: I have never really played the DOW 2 games, but after hearing my brothers and Crow mention the bad points, they are not must haves. I would still try them, but from what I have seen it is just a lazy made game with a Warhammer skin.

I like the adverts I have seen for Halo, like this one, but I was never too interested in the game. It just seemed a little too much like a multiplayer focused generic shooter to me. I could be mistaken of course, but that is how it always came off to me.
I'm a special case - I didn't buy DoW2 because I was a fan of the series, or even a fan of Warhammer. I bought it because I was specifically looking for a real-time tactics/action RPG hybrid. And it satisfied that craving perfectly :-) (despite the awful boss fights.)

It's too bad the actual games don't look as good as that trailer :-p I mostly only played the Halo games in multiplayer mode with friends, and I didn't even enjoy them that way. I played the singleplayer mode of the first game, and was really unimpressed. I will never understand the hype for that series. It just doesn't click at all with me :-| ... Like you said, it just felt generic. But one positive note was the music, which was outstanding.
Hello fred and Goglodytes! How are you?

I'm horribl....fine :P
ElTerprise: xD
Well in that case i probably broke the class - fully intentional though :P
*big hug* No - just fine. What about you?
n__o
Well, fine is better than bad, so I'll accept it. I'm okay. Not feeling well at all physically, but in a good mood. I had a nice time with some lovely people last night, which is still making me a bit happy ;-)
*ninja hugs the thread regulars*

*sneaks off to work again*
ElTerprise: Hey DD *big hug*
I'm fine. The class is really interesting but stressful nonetheless especially since we started to work on some spatial analyses :)
How are you?
Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you at least enjoying the classes despite them being stressful?

I am doing okay, thank you. Finally shifted a few of the symptoms of the medication I was trying and I also managed to get some decent sleep, so I am feeling better for that.

AgentBirdnest: I'm a special case - I didn't buy DoW2 because I was a fan of the series, or even a fan of Warhammer. I bought it because I was specifically looking for a real-time tactics/action RPG hybrid. And it satisfied that craving perfectly :-) (despite the awful boss fights.)

It's too bad the actual games don't look as good as that trailer :-p I mostly only played the Halo games in multiplayer mode with friends, and I didn't even enjoy them that way. I played the singleplayer mode of the first game, and was really unimpressed. I will never understand the hype for that series. It just doesn't click at all with me :-| ... Like you said, it just felt generic. But one positive note was the music, which was outstanding.
I can understand that. I often find that my love of lore and storyline ruins games for me, which is why I often hate remakes or bad sequels that don't hold up to things, like Starcraft 2 and the horrible lore it has (I HATE what they turned Kerrigan into, damn Blizzard!).

I don't mind the live action trailers as you know it is an advert. I don't like it when they use cutscenes or pre-rendered scenes and pretend it is gameplay, like Aliens Colonial Marines.

Soccorro: Hello fred and Goglodytes! How are you?

*big comforting hug*

Yezemin: *ninja hugs the thread regulars*

*hug for the hard working ninja*
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson

õ__ô
So, does that mean you are fineable? We can make you pay a fine for posting here? ;-p

*big comforting hug* Doing okay here... I hope whatever is making you only horrifine will ease up a bit.

*ninja return hug*
Good luck with your work. I hope your day goes well!
Post edited February 04, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
Thread REGULARS?
I'm safe for once!
*whew*
ddickinson: I don't mind the live action trailers as you know it is an advert. I don't like it when they use cutscenes or pre-rendered scenes and pretend it is gameplay, like Aliens Colonial Marines.
And that's why I don't want to buy Homeworld Remastered, or anything from Gearbox. They severely plucked up with Aliens. Enough to not trust them. What an awful case of false advertising. And as I understand, they even lied about quite a lot to their publisher about the progress of the game in order to keep getting their money.
AgentBirdnest: n__o
Well, fine is better than bad, so I'll accept it. I'm okay. Not feeling well at all physically, but in a good mood. I had a nice time with some lovely people last night, which is still making me a bit happy ;-)
Good - thank you :)
Glad to hear that - and i absolutely agree...same here :)

ddickinson: Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you at least enjoying the classes despite them being stressful?

I am doing okay, thank you. Finally shifted a few of the symptoms of the medication I was trying and I also managed to get some decent sleep, so I am feeling better for that.
Thank you :)
Yes i definitely enjoy them - and the things i'm learning (still the statistics programming language) might be really useful in the future for papers and the master thesis :)

That doesn't sound too bad. And good to hear that about the symptoms and your sleep :)

Horrifine? :)

*big ninja return hug* :)

Alright....my break is over. Have a great day and take care everyone. See you all later :)
Anyone else not getting reply notifications?

And who cares about today's release, I'm stuck on Craft the World. :P
Post edited February 04, 2016 by tinyE
Just a quick hello to the fine folks of the thread. I hope you all have a lovely day, or as fine a day as you're able at least.

I finally got a bit of rest myself, and it certainly helped matters. Dislocated my patella again last night playing with Sarge, and it's fine and back in place, but I'm feeling like some movement would do me some good. Wondering if I should bring the pup for a walk, or if that would just be guaranteeing me another dislocated patella. I might should go it alone this once. He's been a bit hyper the past few days. :)

*hugs and waves all around*

AgentBirdnest: õ__ô
So, does that mean you are fineable? We can make you pay a fine for posting here? ;-p

*big comforting hug* Doing okay here... I hope whatever is making you only horrifine will ease up a bit.

AgentBirdnest: *ninja return hug*
Good luck with your work. I hope your day goes well!
*takes dead squirrel out of pocket* will this suffice?
AgentBirdnest: n__o
ElTerprise: Good - thank you :)
Glad to hear that - and i absolutely agree...same here :)

ddickinson: Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you at least enjoying the classes despite them being stressful?

ElTerprise: Thank you :)
Yes i definitely enjoy them - and the things i'm learning (still the statistics programming language) might be really useful in the future for papers and the master thesis :)

That doesn't sound too bad. And good to hear that about the symptoms and your sleep :)

ElTerprise: Horrifine? :)

ElTerprise: *big ninja return hug* :)

Alright....my break is over. Have a great day and take care everyone. See you all later :)
Indeed, horrifine :D
Post edited February 04, 2016 by Soccorro