It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: Hello akhliber! :)
Take care of those knees! They are delicate things...
What ever you feel is good... is probably good :)
akhliber: Hello there! I'm making my attempts at taking care of my limbs and parts, I'm just particularly bad at it. ;)
I wound up walking about six houses down, then decided that sure, a walk may be just grand... later today... I think maybe I should just be lazy and ice it and have a sleepy morning with the pup. Then a bit later I'll reconsider.
But (!!!) coffee is on, so at least I can count on being a bit less clumsy soon. :)
yeah, coffee should help :)
*serves akhliber steaming vitamin-heavy fish soup*

XxXSprayvWarXxX: I get no security code, all I get is when I try to sign in with username and password, something is wrong.
that sounds really that something is wrong...
usually steam sends a code to your e-mail and finding that, typing the code when steam asks it, in those circumstances.
I'm not too good with steam... maybe someone else can help.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by superstande
akhliber: Hello there! I'm making my attempts at taking care of my limbs and parts, I'm just particularly bad at it. ;)
I wound up walking about six houses down, then decided that sure, a walk may be just grand... later today... I think maybe I should just be lazy and ice it and have a sleepy morning with the pup. Then a bit later I'll reconsider.
But (!!!) coffee is on, so at least I can count on being a bit less clumsy soon. :)
superstande: yeah, coffee should help :)
*serves akhliber steaming vitamin-heavy fish soup*

XxXSprayvWarXxX: I get no security code, all I get is when I try to sign in with username and password, something is wrong.
superstande: that sounds really that something is wrong...
usually steam sends a code to your e-mail and finding that, typing the code when steam asks it, in those circumstances.
I'm not too good with steam... maybe someone else can help.
I just have sent a ticket to their support! :)
Morning all, I see The Long Dark is here, interesting.
Today is also supposed to be the release date for Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders.
Hope y'all are doing OK at least, I'm fairly well and getting ready for yet another doctors appointment.
*hugs, waves and warm coats*
EndreWhiteMane: Morning all, I see The Long Dark is here, interesting.
Today is also supposed to be the release date for Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders.
Hope y'all are doing OK at least, I'm fairly well and getting ready for yet another doctors appointment.
*hugs, waves and warm coats*
Morning, good sir.
The concept of The Long Dark sounds interesting. And a sort-of release schedule is encouraging. Might keep an eye on it.... I'm almost ready to scream a rude word because I was really hoping for a classic release... but the day isn't over yet, so I'll hold that word inside for now :-)
Good luck with the appointment. Glad to hear you are feeling well :-) *big hug*
Soccorro: *takes dead squirrel out of pocket* will this suffice?
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, but only if it is cooked :-)

... Wait... I guess I should be asking why you have a dead squ... bah, nevermind. None of my business ;-)
Oh right! The tip! Here! *Hands over a dead fly*
Soccorro: Oh right! The tip! Here! *Hands over a dead fly*
Errrrr...uhhhh... thanks :-|
*gives dead fly to my cat*
She says "meow" to you.
Morning! :)

Just finished a session of Eye of the beholder.

I'm too lazy to draw the maps on paper, so there's quite a bit, "where the hell am I? ... Does it matter... Have I been here? ...Hmm there's a closed door... maybe this is a new place..."
That sort of thing... but somehow it's fun. I gather there's some kind of purpose in all this. Maybe I'll find it some day.
And today's classical release is.... the promise of a completed game perhaps one day. Yay for early access. [/sarcasm] :-)

AgentBirdnest: And that's why I don't want to buy Homeworld Remastered, or anything from Gearbox. They severely plucked up with Aliens. Enough to not trust them. What an awful case of false advertising. And as I understand, they even lied about quite a lot to their publisher about the progress of the game in order to keep getting their money.
I am not surprised. I remember reading that Microsoft shut down the AOE company for not progressing like they said they where. I think they said they were just not feeling it so they never really did much. Lovely attitude to take for your job.

ElTerprise: Thank you :)
Yes i definitely enjoy them - and the things i'm learning (still the statistics programming language) might be really useful in the future for my evil scientist schemes to take over the world :)

That doesn't sound too bad. And good to hear that about the symptoms and your sleep :)
I fixed that bit for you. :-)
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: And today's classical release is.... the promise of a completed game perhaps one day. Yay for early access. [/sarcasm] :-)
Yeah... *sigh* :-|
No classics in 9 days... I'm getting classic symptoms of classic withdrawals :-p ... I'm still hoping there might be another release today, in about an hour.
The new game does look interesting, though. I'll keep an eye on it.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Yeah... *sigh* :-|
No classics in 9 days... I'm getting classic symptoms of classic withdrawals :-p ... I'm still hoping there might be another release today, in about an hour.
The new game does look interesting, though. I'll keep an eye on it.
It does look interesting, but it seems to also be a seasonal and episodic game, which I am not a fan of. Episodic games are okay after they are all released as you can play them back to back, but if not it just loses all appeal having to wait months for the next episode, if they are even released at all.

Maybe the game will take so long to fully come out, due to early access and it being seasonal/early access. that it will be a classic by the time it is done, so it would be a classic release. :-)
Post edited February 04, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: It does look interesting, but it seems to also be a seasonal and episodic game, which I am not a fan of. Episodic games are okay after they are all released as you can play them back to back, but if not it just loses all appeal having to wait months for the next episode, if they are even released at all.

Maybe the game will take so long to fully come out, due to early access and it being seasonal/early access that it will be a classic by the time it is done, so it would be a classic release. :-)
Haha XD *pins "quote of the day" badge on DD*
That would be quite interesting to see a game launch as a classic :-)

I'm not a big fan of episodic stuff either, until I'm able to buy and play it all at once. I tend to forget everything from the first episode by the time the second one is released. I need to play them back-to-back, or I won't understand a thing.
AgentBirdnest: Haha XD *pins "quote of the day" badge on DD*
That would be quite interesting to see a game launch as a classic :-)

I'm not a big fan of episodic stuff either, until I'm able to buy and play it all at once. I tend to forget everything from the first episode by the time the second one is released. I need to play them back-to-back, or I won't understand a thing.
I am still waiting for the second half of The Last Door. Strange that the game sold here is called the Collectors Edition but is only half the game. Also The Fall, which is only the first episode but does not really say so, which I think is very underhanded.

I remember reading that many episodic games, even Telltale games, lose customers as the episodes are released. People just get bored, or another game comes along.
ddickinson:
Would agree with you there. If people think there's a way to get money, they'll go for it. There are some cases where pharmacorps should be held accountable, but a lot of it comes down to people being incredibly litigious in general.

Maybe that's the case for some, but I'm capable of acting like a half-idiotic, hate-filled adult, thank you very much. ;P

Figuring that will usually be the case, given that both you and I are of the type that if something horrible's occurring, odds are it won't be mentioned so people don't worry.

Nothing concrete on that one, just a lot of rumors on why Microsoft skipped 9.
Also heard that about 10, that they're just going to keep on updating it rather than their usual game of hit and miss OS releases, some decent, some frigging awful garbage.

Common problem with the corporations, they'd rather let their old things keep on collecting dust than make some kind of money off of them. Course, I'm going to at least chalk that up to the corps constantly pushing for the new things, not giving much of a shit about what got them to where they are now.
They don't want people going for the 6 to 20 dollar classics when they can keep on trying to shove their 60 dollar piles of mediocrity (at best) with a hefty dose of bullshit DLC on the side down people's throats.

Pros and cons. You don't get the same experience on every level, but you can pack a ton of it with you. I tend towards pen and paper RPG's, where the problem's a bit different. The prices for physical copies on those has been going through the roof, so ebook versions are the viable alternative.

Right, standard corp behavior. The bigger they get, the worse it tends to be. Amazon can get away with it to a much bigger degree than most since people are so used to having it around.

That would make sense, but it's going to take a few more years and legalities being put in place to nail the companies that use the Kickstarter process to screw over the people who give them money with the expectation of a finished product at the end.
ddickinson: I am still waiting for the second half of The Last Door. Strange that the game sold here is called the Collectors Edition but is only half the game. Also The Fall, which is only the first episode but does not really say so, which I think is very underhanded.

I remember reading that many episodic games, even Telltale games, lose customers as the episodes are released. People just get bored, or another game comes along.
Yeah, I'd like to see that finished. It is in early access over on the competition... I wonder if it will be here too.
... seriously, what is the deal with all the early access and in-dev stuff? I'm not a fan at all. Games used to be sold once they were finished, if I remember correctly :-p

I don't think I've finished any Telltale complete seasons. I play one or two episodes, get bored, and let it sit on my shelf for a few more years. ... I have problems :-| I just don't seem to want to finish my games.
superstande: Morning! :)

Just finished a session of Eye of the beholder.

I'm too lazy to draw the maps on paper, so there's quite a bit, "where the hell am I? ... Does it matter... Have I been here? ...Hmm there's a closed door... maybe this is a new place..."
That sort of thing... but somehow it's fun. I gather there's some kind of purpose in all this. Maybe I'll find it some day.
meh, that is pretty much me when I play dungeon crawlers, as I feel like stumbling around is the best way to find secrets in a dungeon (with out using walkthroughs).