It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Empress_Owl: Ho... did you bite your lip ? or did your partner give a punch in your face ? :-p hihi
I hope everything will get better, not only your bleeding lip but all the rest as well...
I'm doing... not fantastic. Many things on my little shoulders... at work and at home too... lot of stress. But I'll handle that, nothing to worry about... (I could just get drunk on red wine, and I'll forget about everything ;-p)
I hope you'll have a cool wednesday !! **Big hugs**
You are close. My partner was giving me a playful kiss goodbye this morning and I slipped a little off the stool I was sitting on. She was biting my lip a little so when I slipped it ended up making my lip bleed a little. Nothing major, but that was about all that is different with me health wise since last we spoke. :-)

Thank you. My lip was only bleeding a little (just a scrape, not a deep but or anything), thinking about it there was no real need to mention is, so just for get I said anything. I did have my latest load of tests yesterday, so hopefully I will know more very soon about my more important health issues.

Sorry to hear things are continuing to build up for you. You know where my chat is if you ever need to talk or just to rant. I will be glad to help in any way I can. *big comforting hug*
moonshineshadow: *peeks into thread* Oh lots of nice people here ;-) *hugs and waves*
Empress_Owl: **Ninja hug**
How are you doing, Moon ? :)
*big return hug*
Could be better, could be worse ;-)

moonshineshadow: *peeks into thread* Oh lots of nice people here ;-) *hugs and waves*
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, very nice people. That's kinda our thing. Welcome to our thread, moonshineshadow. I'm Agent. feel free to stick around :-)
*laughing hug*
Good morning! *big hug*
CarrionCrow: That's good, at least. Good example of silver lining thinking, as well. =)

Okay here at the moment. A bit tired, but combating it with music and chemicals. -laughs-
Other than that, it's looking at game stuff and noticing nothing that looks good enough for whatever reason to compel me to buy it.
I sometimes get that when looking at games. There are lots of games out there I have never played, but for some reason fewer and fewer of them are appealing to me. Possibly as I have so many still to play, or that I can't really play them at the moment. There are one or two games on Steam that I hope we will get here some day as they look like they could be fun.

*big hug for the peeking Moon*

And now that you are here there are even more nice and lovely people here. :-)
-good morning waves back- =)
Yezemin: That's Lady Lucretia Merces from Suikoden 5.
Sui... Sooeeko... Sooeekoden? e__< *gives up trying to pronounce that strange word*
Empress_Owl: **throw a stone through Crow's sleep window, so it remains open** :)
I hope you'll find some decent sleep at some point... !
Honnestly ? My day is... kicking my stomach square in the nuts so far ; but I'm happily hoping for some improvement soon, as I don't believe it can be much worse :-p
How is your own day treating you ?...
Wonderful. I hope things stop piling up on you, chat's open for venting as well.
toxicTom: *hugs and waves all around*

Hi you all!

I'm very busy today so I can't follow the thread probably. I hope you are all reasonable well.
Hey there, and good morning. =)

Hang in there, don't drink coffee for a bit if you notice your hands shaking, and good luck with the day.
NoNewTaleToTell: Hey folks!

...so it looks like I might be heading all the way back to California. If it happens then all I can say is that this trip to the southeast has been a generally unpleasant "vacation". Never thought I'd be yearning to get back to Bakersfield, Yeesh.

How are all y'all?
There are worse things than Bakersfield. You could be going to Modesto. Or Stockton. Holy fucking shit, be glad it's not Stockton. -laughing hard-
Post edited February 03, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Empress_Owl: Honnestly ? My day is... kicking my stomach square in the nuts so far ; but I'm happily hoping for some improvement soon, as I don't believe it can be much worse :-p
**Big comforting hug with some medicine to cheer you up**
Really sorry to hear it, Wings... I hope things will get better for you.
ddickinson: I sometimes get that when looking at games. There are lots of games out there I have never played, but for some reason fewer and fewer of them are appealing to me. Possibly as I have so many still to play, or that I can't really play them at the moment. There are one or two games on Steam that I hope we will get here some day as they look like they could be fun.
Maybe it's overload. Backlogs too large to finish, sale bombardment beyond anyone's ability to consume, and an endless wave of new things with no breaks, ever.
CarrionCrow: There are worse things than Bakersfield. You could be going to Modesto. Or Stockton. Holy fucking shit, be glad it's not Stockton. -laughing hard-
Bwahaha...wait you do know about Oildale, right?
CarrionCrow: There are worse things than Bakersfield. You could be going to Modesto. Or Stockton. Holy fucking shit, be glad it's not Stockton. -laughing hard-
NoNewTaleToTell: Bwahaha...wait you do know about Oildale, right?
No, I didn't until a second ago. But the name alone sounds exciting. It's like a grassy field...that's been ripped to shit and covered in machinery.
CarrionCrow: Maybe it's overload. Backlogs too large to finish, sale bombardment beyond anyone's ability to consume, and an endless wave of new things with no breaks, ever.
The unrealistic high specs many games have now doesn't help. Nor the fact I am getting a bit tired of a lot of indie games that all just look the same. The same "retro" look, the same rogue-lite features, the same gameplay elements. I kind of miss how things where a few years ago, when we got more variety and quality with indie games. But I know people love the newer indie stuff, so it doesn't bother me too much, it just means there is less games that I will get.
Yezemin: That's Lady Lucretia Merces from Suikoden 5.
AgentBirdnest: Sui... Sooeeko... Sooeekoden? e__< *gives up trying to pronounce that strange word*
*laughs* Yes, a lot of people have that problem. It's a good game though. Or rather a good series of games.

Here's the intro if you're interested.
ddickinson: The unrealistic high specs many games have now doesn't help. Nor the fact I am getting a bit tired of a lot of indie games that all just look the same. The same "retro" look, the same rogue-lite features, the same gameplay elements. I kind of miss how things where a few years ago, when we got more variety and quality with indie games. But I know people love the newer indie stuff, so it doesn't bother me too much, it just means there is less games that I will get.
Agreed. The constant race to upgrade so lazy people can make use of their customers' tech and avoid optimizing their work gets old.

And yes, the independent field is very much awash in derivative crap that only exists to strangle every last drop of nostalgia out of the customer base.
Course, it just manages to largely demonstrate that there are plenty of games from 20 years ago that are still better than what some people are putting out now.
NoNewTaleToTell: Bwahaha...wait you do know about Oildale, right?
CarrionCrow: No, I didn't until a second ago. But the name alone sounds exciting. It's like a grassy field...that's been ripped to shit and covered in machinery.
Well...replace "grassy field" with run down old houses and "ripped to shit and covered in machinery" with "meth capital of California" and you get a general idea of what Oildale is like. I grew up in THE ghetto neighborhood of a small southern city that has a crime rate (when ratio is adjusted for population size etc) literally comparable to Philadelphia/NYC etc and even I'm afraid to step foot in Oildale.

Fun story, I once auditioned a guitarist at the guitarist's house in Oildale. We were in his garage, halfway through the audition I see a GIANT rat the size of a possum run along the top of some shelves. I'm not scared of rats or anything but man if it didn't get a reaction out of me.