It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: I hope the recovery goes quickly.

I'm better, thanks for asking. :-)

Have fun all, I have to get my elder to the circus arts training.

*hugs and waves*
Thank you very much, and good luck with the rest of your day! :) *hug*
akhliber: Thanks, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Sometimes it seems like the sleep window is more like a drive through window at a fast food joint. It'll open for about 3 minutes at a time max, and then I'm shuffled off and it closes and I am left wondering when the hell I'll even see it again. Fortunately, I never grew out of that 4-year-old attitude that "staying up late is really cool and magical," and thanks to my very open schedule and my appreciation for small naps, a polyphasic sleep cycle has got me quite used to functioning on about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
I often tell people that and they say, "man, I'm sorry." But I like being awake for my time alive. Sleep is nice, but I just it's odd that I find myself thinking the same ("man, I'm sorry") when I hear that people need to sleep 8 or more hours a night to get by. I'd feel like I was missing out on too much. ;)
That used to be me. I had a pretty good life running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Finally caught up to me last year and now I really need those 8 hours or I just collapse. I can do the occasional 5-6 hours but not every night.

Hopefully you'll be able to catch at least some sleep tonight, though. :)
Post edited February 02, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
akhliber: Thanks, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Sometimes it seems like the sleep window is more like a drive through window at a fast food joint. It'll open for about 3 minutes at a time max, and then I'm shuffled off and it closes and I am left wondering when the hell I'll even see it again. Fortunately, I never grew out of that 4-year-old attitude that "staying up late is really cool and magical," and thanks to my very open schedule and my appreciation for small naps, a polyphasic sleep cycle has got me quite used to functioning on about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
I often tell people that and they say, "man, I'm sorry." But I like being awake for my time alive. Sleep is nice, but I just it's odd that I find myself thinking the same ("man, I'm sorry") when I hear that people need to sleep 8 or more hours a night to get by. I'd feel like I was missing out on too much. ;)
Not a problem, I know exactly what you mean. All it takes is the hesitation of a moment and an impulse, and it's gone.

Agreed. Sleep is a monumental pain in the ass and a massive time waster.
CarrionCrow: Can't complain too much here. Some health crap, but I'm dealing with it.

Thinking long and hard on getting that one now rather than waiting. I've resisted renting it from the competition for months.
Alright... Don't forget the power of vitamins .. actually found a very good multi-vitamin brand, it has extra Vitamin D... actually feeling less sleepy thanks to that. But I guess it depends... in some countries you get all that from fruits or something.

Just checked out Starcrawlers main site. There hasn't been any new versions in a long time, latest is 10/09/15: "Beta 5" - I'm guessing it's going to be Summer before this game's final is out. Although more the game is developed, more I want it! :)
Post edited February 02, 2016 by superstande
AgentBirdnest: A quick hello back to you, and I hope whatever is keeping you up will chill the eff out and let you sleep.
*really big hug*
Thank you! *really big return hug* It's been a very eventful week, a bit of a roller coaster of a weekend, so I think it's just a bit of residual stress keeping my brainparts from slowing down quite enough. I'm getting closer by the hour though now, that I can say for sure. I just hope I see the nap coming before it happens. ;)
I truly hope you're feeling better yourself. I saw in the thread just recently you weren't doing too well, but I couldn't seem to break out of lurker mode and make my fingers do type-type stuffs. I was thinking of you though, and I hope things are improving for you!
Though I've been stressed and sleepless, I can also say I see things getting much better for myself in the future... been in one of those "realize too much about yourself at once" phases in life, but it's given me a lot of perspective I'd been needing. :)
CarrionCrow: This is what's on at the moment. Works nicely with lots of caffeine.
Oookay, that should get you pumped ;-)
FearfulSymmetry: That used to be me. I had a pretty good life running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Finally caught up to me last year and now I really need those 8 hours or I just collapse. I can do the occasional 5-6 hours but not every night.

Hopefully you'll be able to catch at least some sleep tonight, though. :)
Thanks! I have a feeling tonight will be the night I sleep like a baby, if I do in fact make it until tonight. ;)

I hope my sleep needs don't change. More has changed than hasn't over the years, but that's one thing I just always expect will stay the same. I guess time will tell. :)
CarrionCrow: It's okay, you don't have to keep notes on who you greeted and who you might not have.

Doing all right here, listening to some nice loud music, thinking about putting on some Pony Island or grabbing Starcrawlers. How's it going on your end?

Also going back and forth on getting the Tropico 5 DLC stuff, finishing up the series. Almost forgot that intensely interesting bit.
Just took a look at the "Let's Play Trailer" thing for Pony Island. Certainly looks like an interesting game :-)

It's going well here. Finally feeling better than I have been for the last week or so. I'm Hoping that trend will continue, because it was beginning to get old.
superstande: Alright... Don't forget the power of vitamins .. actually found a very good multi-vitamin brand, it has extra Vitamin D... actually feeling less sleepy thanks to that. But I guess it depends... in some countries you get all that from fruits or something.

Just checked out Starcrawlers main site. There hasn't been any new versions in a long time, latest is 10/09/15: "Beta 5" - I'm guessing it's going to be Summer before this game's final is out. Although more the game is developed, more I want it! :)
I grabbed a bottle of those from a roommate since they're extremely forgetful about taking them. Now it's part of the morning pill routine.

They must be doing their primary update info through their Steam page. I checked, it looks like they're loading up a patch/expansion/tweak/whatever about once a month. They dropped in a hotfix at the end of January and it's looking like they have a big update slated for this Friday.
akhliber: Thanks! I have a feeling tonight will be the night I sleep like a baby, if I do in fact make it until tonight. ;)

I hope my sleep needs don't change. More has changed than hasn't over the years, but that's one thing I just always expect will stay the same. I guess time will tell. :)
I'll be sending positive vibes your way. ;)

I pretty much ran myself into the ground writing my thesis last Spring, and my health just hasn't been what it was since then. :P Now that I'm starting the thesis-writing process again I'm trying to at least get in enough sleep this time around.
FearfulSymmetry: Hi to everyone who came in in the mean time, hope you're doing all right.
Hey there. =)

Hope your nose stops its counterproductive super regeneration thing so the surgery sticks and you feel better for good this time.
toxicTom: Oookay, that should get you pumped ;-)
It fills a gap nicely. Then there's stuff like this that I listened to so much that I had to consciously stop myself so I wouldn't eventually burn out on it.
Post edited February 02, 2016 by CarrionCrow
akhliber: Thank you! *really big return hug* It's been a very eventful week, a bit of a roller coaster of a weekend, so I think it's just a bit of residual stress keeping my brainparts from slowing down quite enough. I'm getting closer by the hour though now, that I can say for sure. I just hope I see the nap coming before it happens. ;)
I truly hope you're feeling better yourself. I saw in the thread just recently you weren't doing too well, but I couldn't seem to break out of lurker mode and make my fingers do type-type stuffs. I was thinking of you though, and I hope things are improving for you!
Though I've been stressed and sleepless, I can also say I see things getting much better for myself in the future... been in one of those "realize too much about yourself at once" phases in life, but it's given me a lot of perspective I'd been needing. :)
Thanks, Akh. Much appreciated. I actually am feeling better today, yes. My recent complaints seem to be medication-related, which kinda sucks because my doc and I agree that I really shouldn't stop taking it. For now, I just need to wait for this stuff to pass, which thank(hope)fully, it seems to be doing.
I hate those phases you speak of, but I guess if you can find something good out of it, then it's a great thing. I usually just realize too much about myself, and keep realizing it without doing anything about it, which I don't think is what you are supposed to do :-p
*big sleep-inducing hug* ;-)
Post edited February 02, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Just took a look at the "Let's Play Trailer" thing for Pony Island. Certainly looks like an interesting game :-)

It's going well here. Finally feeling better than I have been for the last week or so. I'm Hoping that trend will continue, because it was beginning to get old.
It has been so far. It very much goes for the experience, rather than so many games I've played lately that rely on padding, padding, padding, and (hey guess what I'm going to say, you'll never get it) even more padding.

Very cool, glad to hear it. Hope you keep on feeling better. =)
CarrionCrow: It fills a gap nicely. Then there's stuff like this that I listened to so much that I had to consciously stop myself so I wouldn't eventually burn out on it.
Hmm, neither do I know it, nor can I listen to it atm. Put on "watch later" ;-)

I don't get to listen to music very much currently. When I work I prefer quiet (used to be different). The stereo in the kitchen broke (killed by microwave...), so I can't get my usual fix of game soundtracks while doing cooking, dishes or other chores. That really sucks big time :-/
And spare time... my wife finds most of my favourite music "demanding" *grin*. And she's rarely in the mood to listen to music anyway. She's a real TV junkie, especially series. We're currently working through Torchwood.
And whenever I have time for myself (rare enough) I tend to play games.
CarrionCrow: It fills a gap nicely. Then there's stuff like this that I listened to so much that I had to consciously stop myself so I wouldn't eventually burn out on it.
toxicTom: Hmm, neither do I know it, nor can I listen to it atm. Put on "watch later" ;-)

I don't get to listen to music very much currently. When I work I prefer quiet (used to be different). The stereo in the kitchen broke (killed by microwave...), so I can't get my usual fix of game soundtracks while doing cooking, dishes or other chores. That really sucks big time :-/
And spare time... my wife finds most of my favourite music "demanding" *grin*. And she's rarely in the mood to listen to music anyway. She's a real TV junkie, especially series. We're currently working through Torchwood.
And whenever I have time for myself (rare enough) I tend to play games.
Do you per chance like to listen to metal in any form?
CarrionCrow: Hey there. =)

Hope your nose stops its counterproductive super regeneration thing so the surgery sticks and you feel better for good this time.
Hey Crow, are you doing all right? :)

Me too! Fast healing is nice but not that fast. :P Still, unless my septum somehow manages to grow itself back crooked I should notice at least some improvement. I can already smell a little better. :P