It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Doing OK today, bought the Firaxis bundle because 'Soup Man' needed what I already had. Made for a good deal all around. :-)

Edit: I like that "It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Soup Man".
Very catchy. :-)
Well at least ok :)
Sounds like a win-win situation then because you also your solved your problem :)
Sounds great :)
FearfulSymmetry: I'll be sending positive vibes your way. ;)

I pretty much ran myself into the ground writing my thesis last Spring, and my health just hasn't been what it was since then. :P Now that I'm starting the thesis-writing process again I'm trying to at least get in enough sleep this time around.
I appreciate the good vibes! The more the merrier as far as that goes. I hope your health improves! Health struggles are no fun at all. I'm willing to bet that, were I currently having to deal with thesis-writing, I'd be less determined to spend so much of my time awake. ;)
My lady is miserable if she doesn't get at least 8 hours, but she really needs about 10 to feel rested. I have the good fortune of manic fits, so I don't need half as much "legitimate energy," I suppose. :)
FearfulSymmetry: I'll be sending positive vibes your way. ;)

I pretty much ran myself into the ground writing my thesis last Spring, and my health just hasn't been what it was since then. :P Now that I'm starting the thesis-writing process again I'm trying to at least get in enough sleep this time around.
akhliber: I appreciate the good vibes! The more the merrier as far as that goes. I hope your health improves! Health struggles are no fun at all. I'm willing to bet that, were I currently having to deal with thesis-writing, I'd be less determined to spend so much of my time awake. ;)
My lady is miserable if she doesn't get at least 8 hours, but she really needs about 10 to feel rested. I have the good fortune of manic fits, so I don't need half as much "legitimate energy," I suppose. :)
I see your 8 hours and I can raise another 6 hours. Anything beneath 5 and I'm a walking corpse most of the day, but 6 hours are usually enough to make me a productive member of society.
AgentBirdnest: Thanks, Akh. Much appreciated. I actually am feeling better today, yes. My recent complaints seem to be medication-related, which kinda sucks because my doc and I agree that I really shouldn't stop taking it. For now, I just need to wait for this stuff to pass, which thank(hope)fully, it seems to be doing.
I hate those phases you speak of, but I guess if you can find something good out of it, then it's a great thing. I usually just realize too much about myself, and keep realizing it without doing anything about it, which I don't think is what you are supposed to do :-p
*big sleep-inducing hug* ;-)
Glad to hear you're feeling better today. Medication problems can really suck. Some of the meds I'm on often seem to offer more complications and frustrations than anything else. I'm reaching a point where I've been holding solids (and, likewise, my medications) down much more successfully more often, only now I find that I've fallen out of the habit of *remembering* to take them, so the occasional withdrawals and other issues like to surface from time to time. I actually tried creating some reminder "tasks" in Microsoft Outlook, but I've found that I just click "dismiss" when they pop up before even thinking to read what it was I was being reminded about. Not quite as useful that way. ;)
I'm usually the same way with phases like this, where I just get stuck in the sh*tty realizations and don't actually do anything with them but maybe mope about for a little while and then forget again, or don't, but ultimately no actual progress gets made. I feel like this time is one of those times though where a lot of things have been razed to the ground, but I'm of a much better mind to rebuild things in ways that make more sense. The feeling like an idiot for not having figured this crap out already part isn't cake, of course, but I'm a bit of a career idiot, so it's a comfortable and familiar feeling. ;)
Argh I may have to redefine my name soon :)
This all started with something Agent said long time ago :)

Wow, here's a cool story, if it's true, tells who we have to thank for all this "Sid Meier's" stuff : http://www.shacknews.com/article/79926/why-sid-meiers-name-is-on-all-his-games
Post edited February 02, 2016 by superstande
GreenDamsel: I see your 8 hours and I can raise another 6 hours. Anything beneath 5 and I'm a walking corpse most of the day, but 6 hours are usually enough to make me a productive member of society.
Oddly, anything above 5 and I'm usually a walking corpse. There are exceptions, usually being just after a manic fit lasting a stretch of days, where I'll just fall out for 8-12 hours, and in those cases, it feels heavenly. On normal days, though, I'd just feel sluggish from over-sleeping. :)
Any amount of sleeping not accompanied by a steady flow of coffee overdays turns me into a walking corpse :p

The doctor says it's related to my meds since I didn't really suffer from that before my "serious mental breakdown" ahem.

How are you all? :D

*Hugs left and right*
GreenDamsel: I see your 8 hours and I can raise another 6 hours. Anything beneath 5 and I'm a walking corpse most of the day, but 6 hours are usually enough to make me a productive member of society.
akhliber: Oddly, anything above 5 and I'm usually a walking corpse. There are exceptions, usually being just after a manic fit lasting a stretch of days, where I'll just fall out for 8-12 hours, and in those cases, it feels heavenly. On normal days, though, I'd just feel sluggish from over-sleeping. :)
I think I read a sleep study once and the typical sleep cycle lasts 3 hours. That is why many people recommend naps to last at least 3 hours so you are fully refreshed.
akhliber: Oddly, anything above 5 and I'm usually a walking corpse. There are exceptions, usually being just after a manic fit lasting a stretch of days, where I'll just fall out for 8-12 hours, and in those cases, it feels heavenly. On normal days, though, I'd just feel sluggish from over-sleeping. :)
GreenDamsel: I think I read a sleep study once and the typical sleep cycle lasts 3 hours. That is why many people recommend naps to last at least 3 hours so you are fully refreshed.
Thanks for that, my naps usually last almost exactly 3 hours. Everyone tells me that's too long but apparently it's what I need.
Re *hugs and waves*

Night shift...
toxicTom: Re *hugs and waves*

Night shift...
Night shift here, you're stuck doing the night shift at work, both, or something else I'm missing?
(Dozed off, just woke up, trying to cover all bases.)
CarrionCrow: Night shift here, you're stuck doing the night shift at work, both, or something else I'm missing?
(Dozed off, just woke up, trying to cover all bases.)
Not that bad. I still have to cover some ground regarding my current project. I'm working at home. It's about 8:30 pm now, and I think I'll pit in another two hours before calling it a day.
What sucks is that I have to get up 5:30 tomorrow morning...
toxicTom: Not that bad. I still have to cover some ground regarding my current project. I'm working at home. It's about 8:30 pm now, and I think I'll pit in another two hours before calling it a day.
What sucks is that I have to get up 5:30 tomorrow morning...
Advance now, pay for it later. I sincerely hope your employer appreciates you.
CarrionCrow: Advance now, pay for it later. I sincerely hope your employer appreciates you.
Actually I think of quitting in the near future. Problem is, I can't leave the project alone that would leave them "dead in the water" and I'm just not that mean. And it's going to be hard to find a successor for me, the market of experienced developers is rather empty.
CarrionCrow: Advance now, pay for it later. I sincerely hope your employer appreciates you.
toxicTom: Actually I think of quitting in the near future. Problem is, I can't leave the project alone that would leave them "dead in the water" and I'm just not that mean. And it's going to be hard to find a successor for me, the market of experienced developers is rather empty.
If they don't pay you enough or otherwise compensate you it's their fault if you want to quit. If you quit, but overestimated your value on the market it's your fault.

Always talk to your boss in these situations and make it clear that you are not satisfied with how things go currently. If they can't handle the honesty or refuse to make you a better offer, you are better off leaving the company. If they make you a better offer you can stay if you want to and you can avoid having a bad conscience, which seems to be one of your problems.