It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GreenDamsel: Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, Veritas, Mendacium, and Fortuna. Veritas always speaks truly, Mendacium always speaks falsely, but whether Fortuna speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

I'm sorry. Only learned about this in my logic course for artificial intelligence :(
Oh I remember this. It was called "Hardest Puzzle Ever" or something, we had that in a course about how to make flowcharts :D
GreenDamsel: Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, Veritas, Mendacium, and Fortuna. Veritas always speaks truly, Mendacium always speaks falsely, but whether Fortuna speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

I'm sorry. Only learned about this in my logic course for artificial intelligence :(
moonshineshadow: Oh I remember this. It was called "Hardest Puzzle Ever" or something, we had that in a course about how to make flowcharts :D
It's not like I warned him ^.^
GreenDamsel: It's not like I warned him ^.^
You weren't kidding at all when you said it would be too hard....oh my... :)
GreenDamsel: It's not like I warned him ^.^
ElTerprise: You weren't kidding at all when you said it would be too hard....oh my... :)
How come suddenly everyone is back? Why are you even online? It's Friday evening!
Okay, back. Good thing about doctor's appointments, at least they don't take very long.
GreenDamsel: How come suddenly everyone is back? Why are you even online? It's Friday evening!
I could ask the same question actually :).
Well basically preparations for the upcoming field trip kept me occupied - which i interluded with playing some games...
Had a bit of a moment just now. Thought to myself, "Hmm, Bombshell sounds like it's pretty bad. Maybe I'll buy it and see."
Then I saw the combo of price and system requirements. So much for that idea. I might be a masochist, but I'm not spending 31.50 on that.
CarrionCrow: Okay, back. Good thing about doctor's appointments, at least they don't take very long.
Hello :)
Hope the reason for the appointment was nothing serious :)

CarrionCrow: Had a bit of a moment just now. Thought to myself, "Hmm, Bombshell sounds like it's pretty bad. Maybe I'll buy it and see."
Then I saw the combo of price and system requirements. So much for that idea. I might be a masochist, but I'm not spending 31.50 on that.
Yep...pretty amazing system requirements and also the game is apparently not very good...
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
GreenDamsel: How come suddenly everyone is back? Why are you even online? It's Friday evening!
ElTerprise: I could ask the same question actually :).
Well basically preparations for the upcoming field trip kept me occupied - which i interluded with playing some games...
Learning for my final 3 exams.^^ Got some "final sprint" motivation powering me through it all.
GreenDamsel: Learning for my final 3 exams.^^ Got some "final sprint" motivation powering me through it all.
Oh that sounds great...when are those exams? Anyway i wish you best of luck for them :)
GreenDamsel: Learning for my final 3 exams.^^ Got some "final sprint" motivation powering me through it all.
ElTerprise: Oh that sounds great...when are those exams? Anyway i wish you best of luck for them :)
8./9./17.
Only have to pass 2 out of those.
And then I am free to be unemployed yaaay. (Until I find a good Ph.D. position in my field)^^
Post edited January 30, 2016 by GreenDamsel
Googling images for "Bombshell" was not at all good for my heart.
ElTerprise:
Just a follow-up, see how things are going. No big deal.

Yeah, I read that as well. It looks like a whole lot of mediocrity with a surprisingly high price tag.
GreenDamsel: 8./9./17.
Only have to pass 2 out of those.
And then I am free to be unemployed yaaay. (Until I find a good Ph.D. position in my field)^^
At least something. The same might happen to me as well when i finish my M.Sc.....and i'm not sure yet if actually want to stay at the university for a Ph.D......

EndreWhiteMane: Googling images for "Bombshell" was not at all good for my heart.
Yep...just did the same...for science of course :)

CarrionCrow: Just a follow-up, see how things are going. No big deal.

Yeah, I read that as well. It looks like a whole lot of mediocrity with a surprisingly high price tag.
That's good to hear :)

Exactly. I was somewaht looking forward to but i won't be able to run it anyway so guess it's something to grab when it's on sale eventually...
Good evening, people of Fred!

I hope you have all had a lovely day and are doing well?

*hugs and waves*

toxicTom: Tradition...
It's from one of the "secret" characters, so it's possible you haven't seen it.
I did not even realise there were secret characters.

toxicTom: I've played only GTA3, Vice City and a little bit of San Andreas and IV. I think you need more time per session for GTA, because there are a lot more story missions which are longer and involve lengthy cut-scenes and dialogue (SR has more "activities" - just go there and start them) and you have to travel a lot more and farther. Also in SR you can save anywhere, not just in your hideout (although you end up in the nearest "crib" when you load the game). Also in SR you can just go "freestyle" and ie. race a car trough the city, and you still make some progress, since nearly everything you do (like closely passing other cars, power-drifting, going down the wrong lane... even shop clothes) earns you respect, which is required to level up, while in GTA you actually have to accomplish something to progress the game in any way.
So one is kind of a free-for-all open world game, while the other is a mission/storyline focused game. Saint's Row looks a little more interesting, if only for the silliness of the game. Still not sure if it is my kind of game, but it is nice to see it here on GOG, Saint's Row that is, we don't have the GTA games. I do still have the earlier games on PC from when they released them for free.

toxicTom: I've not played games I would consider "horror" in a while. I played Among the Sleep for some time, but got stuck in one place. I don't count FEAR or Doom 3 as "horror", since I simply don't find them any scary.
I really liked Silent Hill, but I could only play it at a friend's place (never had a Playstation myself). From my Amiga days I still remember Elvira 1+2 and Waxworks - those were pretty good back then.
There are a few games that I would not count among "horror games" but that had genuinely scary parts that I really likes: Thief, System Shock 2 and STALKER come to mind.
I really did not like Among the Sleep, it just never resonated with me, and I was not keen on the sub-plot of it all. I never considered games like FEAR (I have only played the first game and the expansions) to be horror. Silent Hill was a good horror game, and Resident Evil had it's moment, but I do not think it was as scary as the earlier Silent Hill games, not that they were too scary. I have still not played any of the last three games you mentioned. I own them here on GOG, but just not played them yet. Partly due to ill health, and partly due to me being a mood player and just not being in the mood for them.

AgentBirdnest: I think I'm the only one who was scared while playing FEAR. I am terrified of little girls :-)
[/cutting into random conversations]
I really liked the FEAR game (the ones I played anyway - the first and its expansions). I did not find them scary as such, but they were really fun games with a nice creepy storyline. I loved the nail gun as you could stick people to walls. Lots of fun. :-)