It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Would love to play that one at some point or any of the Brothers in Arms series....
I'd very much recommend playing them in order. Otherwise the story will not make any sense, and I'd imagine most people would be totally lost in the large cast of characters.
ddickinson: But who says it has to be multiple campaigns. It could just be a FPS game as the Axis. Then the expansion could be the Allies, or even a resistance group or some lesser know third party.

I don't know about that, even actual game developers don't always seem to know what they are doing or talking about. :-)

Probably, but none that I can think of.
That's a very good point! I would really love to see that. Seems like an Axis game would at least get some attention and sale because it is so different from the norm... But I'm no game marketer ^^ (Excellent point about developers! XD)
Post edited January 30, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: I'd very much recommend playing them in order. Otherwise the story will not make any sense, and I'd imagine most people would be totally lost in the large cast of characters.
Yes. That makes sense. Hope they will show up here eventually because i'm not able to buy them on Steam :/
ElTerprise: Haven't heard of one but there aren't that many RPGs with modern history or contemporary setting anyway...
Hm, that's true. Seems that the genre is mostly fantasy and sci-fi... Sometimes we get a really lovely modern one (about Agents!) like Alpha Protocol :-) That one was fantastic, in my opnion...
ElTerprise: Would love to play that one at some point or any of the Brothers in Arms series....
AgentBirdnest: I'd very much recommend playing them in order. Otherwise the story will not make any sense, and I'd imagine most people would be totally lost in the large cast of characters.
ddickinson: But who says it has to be multiple campaigns. It could just be a FPS game as the Axis. Then the expansion could be the Allies, or even a resistance group or some lesser know third party.

I don't know about that, even actual game developers don't always seem to know what they are doing or talking about. :-)

Probably, but none that I can think of.
AgentBirdnest: That's a very good point! I would really love to see that. Seems like an Axis game would at least get some attention and sale because it is so different from the norm... But I'm no game marketer ^^ (Excellent point about developers! XD)
Codename: Panzers - Cold War is a great looking game with a totally believable premise. Not my type of game but I'd try it anyway when on sales.

BTW: Has anyone tried out The Talos Principle?
AgentBirdnest: That's a very good point! I would really love to see that. Seems like an Axis game would at least get some attention and sale because it is so different from the norm... But I'm no game marketer ^^ (Excellent point about developers! XD)
But given that the majority of customers are likely American, would they play a game fighting agains the Americans? But then I guess you could set it earlier in the war against the British or something like that. I was thinking about one that covers key parts of the war, such as one where you play a soldier defending the beaches at Normandy but then have to fall back, things like that. It would be nice to see a game where you are playing the losing side, but still fighting. It would also be nice to highlight that the German soldiers fought well as well and were not all Nazi monsters.
ElTerprise: Yes. That makes sense. Hope they will show up here eventually because i'm not able to buy them on Steam :/
Ho? :-( Is that because of laws in Germany? Or just the publisher being a dick?
I'm hoping they show up here too. Ubisoft is still releasing games here, even a fairly new one recently... *crossing fingers*
AgentBirdnest: Hm, that's true. Seems that the genre is mostly fantasy and sci-fi... Sometimes we get a really lovely modern one (about Agents!) like Alpha Protocol :-) That one was fantastic, in my opnion...
It's probably easier to create an RPG in a fictional setting...but i'd love to see one in a modern setting...like Cold War or the Interbellum - a setting i really like for several reasons :D
Sadly haven't really played that one yet - but i heard that it was a really unique RPG :)
Edit: Actually i remember trying it (because i own it) and having huge issues with the keyboard and mouse controls - i think it had something to do with the camera....
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: Codename: Panzers - Cold War is a great looking game with a totally believable premise. Not my type of game but I'd try it anyway when on sales.

Good evening, Mr Endre!

I hope you are doing well? And sorry, I have never even heard of The Talos Principle, so I can't comment on that.
AgentBirdnest: Ho? :-( Is that because of laws in Germany? Or just the publisher being a dick?
I'm hoping they show up here too. Ubisoft is still releasing games here, even a fairly new one recently... *crossing fingers*
Indeed. At least Hell's Highway is heavily censored in Germany due to the violence...thus none of the Brothers in Arms games are available to purchase in Germany....guess i should try it when i'm in Denmark :)

That would be great :)
EndreWhiteMane: Codename: Panzers - Cold War is a great looking game with a totally believable premise. Not my type of game but I'd try it anyway when on sales.

ddickinson: Good evening, Mr Endre!

I hope you are doing well? And sorry, I have never even heard of The Talos Principle, so I can't comment on that.
Hiya D's, doing OK at the moment, glad your appt was a good one.
The Talos Principle is a rather unique game I've been watching for a while.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257510/
EndreWhiteMane: Hiya D's, doing OK at the moment, glad your appt was a good one.
Glad to hear you are doing okay, and thank you.

I do think I have seen the screenshots of the garden somewhere, but the game is pretty new to me. Do you enjoy those kind of puzzle games?
ddickinson: But given that the majority of customers are likely American, would they play a game fighting agains the Americans? But then I guess you could set it earlier in the war against the British or something like that. I was thinking about one that covers key parts of the war, such as one where you play a soldier defending the beaches at Normandy but then have to fall back, things like that. It would be nice to see a game where you are playing the losing side, but still fighting. It would also be nice to highlight that the German soldiers fought well as well and were not all Nazi monsters.
I dunno... I imagine that most gamers these days don't care who they play as. A game's a game. But, maybe that's just my own philosophy; who knows if anyone shares it with me ;-)
Sounds like a really cool idea. I'd instabuy a game like that.
ElTerprise: Edit: Actually i remember trying it (because i own it) and having huge issues with the keyboard and mouse controls - i think it had something to do with the camera....
Of course it had to do with the camera - it is a third-person shooter :-p I dunno if I've ever played one where I was satisfied with the camera.

I'm falling asleep... Better get comfy for the night instead of sleeping on a keyboard. Have a good evenight ElT, DD, and Endre (also, hello Endre :-)). Take care of yourselves. *big hugs all around* Good night!
Post edited January 30, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
Speaking of Brothers in Arms. Reminds of an awesome Anti-War song from Dire Straits :)
EndreWhiteMane: Hiya D's, doing OK at the moment, glad your appt was a good one.
ddickinson: Glad to hear you are doing okay, and thank you.

I do think I have seen the screenshots of the garden somewhere, but the game is pretty new to me. Do you enjoy those kind of puzzle games?
I do but this one is like a puzzle/philosophy game, which intrigues me.
AgentBirdnest: I'm falling asleep... Better get comfy for the night instead of sleeping on a keyboard. Have a good evenight ElT, DD, and Endre (also, hello Endre :-)). Take care of yourselves. *big hugs all around* Good night!
Have a good night, Agent. Sleep well and pleasant dreams.

*big goodnight hug*