It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: *Big Friday hugs*

Easily Witcher 3... But to be honest, HuniePop is also pretty high on the list, but only because I don't usually play match-3 games and the waves the release created.

Honourable mention: Saint's Row The Third, because I simply wasn't prepared for that kind of craziness.
*big return hug*

I knew you would say the Witcher 3. :-)

I have not played any of the Witcher games yet. I own the first two, which my computer can just about run. I have also not played Saint's Row, but it does look like a crazy game. I have played a bit of HuniePop but with some others as a bit of fun, rather than to play the game itself (of that makes sense). Match-3 and dating sims are not really my thing, so I was not the biggest fan of the game. As I said to Crow yesterday, it is not a bad game, it does what it says it does without trying to pretend to be something deep and complex.
toxicTom: *Big Friday hugs*

Easily Witcher 3... But to be honest, HuniePop is also pretty high on the list, but only because I don't usually play match-3 games and the waves the release created.

Honourable mention: Saint's Row The Third, because I simply wasn't prepared for that kind of craziness.
ddickinson: *big return hug*

I have not played any of the Witcher games yet. I own the first two, which my computer can just about run. I have also not played Saint's Row, but it does look like a crazy game. I have played a bit of HuniePop but with some others as a bit of fun, rather than to play the game itself (of that makes sense). Match-3 and dating sims are not really my thing, so I was not the biggest fan of the game. As I said to Crow yesterday, it is not a bad game, it does what it says it does without trying to pretend to be something deep and complex.
Huniepop was such a funny game. Additionally it gave me many memorable quotes to annoy people with.
You could say I got a bad case of the yellow fever teeeheeeeeeeeeee.
Empress_Owl: **Big energizing hug with coffee**
then
¤___¤ **faint because i gave all my remaining energy to ElT**
*big thank you hug*
*hands over some of the batteries i got from Agent*

AgentBirdnest: *hands ElT some batteries*
A bit better, yeah. In a good mood, at least :-)
Thank you *keeps some and gives the rest to Owl* :)
That's good to hear :)
ddickinson: The last French Emperor who tried to invade failed, so what makes you think you can invade this time? Besides, I thought we said that as long as we had florescent green peas to repel the French we were safe. :-)

Thank you. Okay, so I will only say something if it is good news.

I will try to get around to playing Blackwell sometime this year. But if I hate it I might have to try to lie and say I didn't to safe Agent's feelings. Outlast is a lot of fun, although if you don't like scary things then maybe not so much. I am looking forward to the sequel that is being developed. I just hope that it comes to GOG and that my little old machine can play it.

*big silly return hug*
Last emperor ? Hey... i've learnt a lot from his mistakes. And I'll wear some special sunglasses to keep my beautiful eyes safe from your horrible huge fluorescent peas. >B-|
Hey, no, that's not what I've said ):-| ... i wanna hear every news, even the bad ones !! pfft. I just hope there will be more (or only) happy ones...
You will play Blackwell ? ô__ô ... oh wow. Let me know what you (really) think about it when you're there, right ? :) we'll make up a polite answer for Agent, yeah ^^
No... I have Outlast, and I wasn't even able to enter the creepy building at the beginning... I ran back to my car like a total wuss instead :D haha... **ahem** >:"|
GreenDamsel: Huniepop was such a funny game. Additionally it gave me many memorable quotes to annoy people with.
It was funny. That is what I mean when I said it does what it says it does. It is meant to be some silly fun, nothing more. Many games like that appear to try to act more meaningful than they really are. HuniePop just likes being a silly game mixing anime dating sims with match-3. I have not played too much of it though, so I can't say if the game holds up for too long before getting too dull. But people seem to love it, so I guess not.
GreenDamsel: Huniepop was such a funny game. Additionally it gave me many memorable quotes to annoy people with.
ddickinson: It was funny. That is what I mean when I said it does what it says it does. It is meant to be some silly fun, nothing more. Many games like that appear to try to act more meaningful than they really are. HuniePop just likes being a silly game mixing anime dating sims with match-3. I have not played too much of it though, so I can't say if the game holds up for too long before getting too dull. But people seem to love it, so I guess not.
I actually really like match-3 games or those vertical pong games, where you shoot blocks (whats-the-name). Problem is that usually those games are on mobile. And I don't play games on mobile, except my 3DS. Other than that they are usually f2p and I hate f2p glames. I prefer to spend money once and get the whole experience and play with it however I want.
Empress_Owl: Last emperor ? Hey... i've learnt a lot from his mistakes. And I'll wear some special sunglasses to keep my beautiful eyes safe from your horrible huge fluorescent peas. >B-|
Hey, no, that's not what I've said ):-| ... i wanna hear every news, even the bad ones !! pfft. I just hope there will be more (or only) happy ones...
You will play Blackwell ? ô__ô ... oh wow. Let me know what you (really) think about it when you're there, right ? :) we'll make up a polite answer for Agent, yeah ^^
No... I have Outlast, and I wasn't even able to enter the creepy building at the beginning... I ran back to my car like a total wuss instead :D haha... **ahem** >:"|
In that case I will just have to get hold of some jellied eels to scare you off. :-)

I know, I was just being silly with you saying only good news. I will be sure to let you know, even if it is in chat rather than on here.

Okay, I will give you an honest answer about Blackwell then we can see about a way to tell Agent. Unless I like it as well, then there is no need to make up stories for him. :-)

The DLC of Outlast has one of the most shocking scenes I have ever seen in a video game, in fact it might be the worst. It is definitely not one for the squeamish, or for anyone with male genitals :-). It was quite unexpected, which made it more effective. I guess playing it with my partner makes it more fun, although I don't think I would mind playing it alone.
ddickinson: It was funny. That is what I mean when I said it does what it says it does. It is meant to be some silly fun, nothing more. Many games like that appear to try to act more meaningful than they really are. HuniePop just likes being a silly game mixing anime dating sims with match-3. I have not played too much of it though, so I can't say if the game holds up for too long before getting too dull. But people seem to love it, so I guess not.
GreenDamsel: I actually really like match-3 games or those vertical pong games, where you shoot blocks (whats-the-name). Problem is that usually those games are on mobile. And I don't play games on mobile, except my 3DS. Other than that they are usually f2p and I hate f2p glames. I prefer to spend money once and get the whole experience and play with it however I want.
3DS? You have a 3DS?
What games do you have?
GreenDamsel: I actually really like match-3 games or those vertical pong games, where you shoot blocks (whats-the-name). Problem is that usually those games are on mobile. And I don't play games on mobile, except my 3DS. Other than that they are usually f2p and I hate f2p glames. I prefer to spend money once and get the whole experience and play with it however I want.
Fair enough. I know many people really enjoy match-3 games, and the framework for the game in HuniePop is at least well done for what it is, fully voices and nicely designed and from what I have seen well balanced and not full of bugs. I tend to be the same about games that are free-to-play, and games with silly DLC. I prefer to get the whole game, not have to buy it in parts. I don't mind DLC as expansions, like The Witcher 3 or Outlast's DLC, but I am not big on the smaller ones that just seem like they are cutting the game up.
ddickinson: *big return hug*

Actually I wouldn't call that game "dating sim". It's match-3 and quiz. Actual dating sims rely more on character backgrounds and dialogue.
But it's true, the game delivers exactly what it promises, and it's all well done. I really like the voice-over, the drawing style is not exactly my taste, but it's ok.

I can really recommend SRTT (SR2 won't playably run on my machine). It's often compared to GTA, but apart from the obvious similarities (open-world city, gangsters and co, cars and guns), I find they really are different in terms of "feeling". SR is more funny, comedy with a bit of sarcasm, while GTA (even before IV) is more rooted in reality - more like a bitter satire on the American dream with some crazy hilarity to brighten it up.
At least SR managed what only a few games did: Having me actually laughing out loud in front of the screen.
GreenDamsel: I actually really like match-3 games or those vertical pong games, where you shoot blocks (whats-the-name).
Breakout. ;-)
ddickinson: The DLC of Outlast has one of the most shocking scenes I have ever seen in a video game, in fact it might be the worst. It is definitely not one for the squeamish, or for anyone with male genitals :-). It was quite unexpected, which made it more effective. I guess playing it with my partner makes it more fun, although I don't think I would mind playing it alone.
Installing Outlast now...

PS: Seems I don't have the DLC yet. I'll first give the main game a try.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by toxicTom
zeogold: 3DS? You have a 3DS?
What games do you have?
Etrian Odyssey 4, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon Y & AS, Legend of Zelda OoT & MM,
Shin Megami Tensei... soul hackers?

God dammit, SMT:SH is a bad game. Really can't stand it.
toxicTom: Actually I wouldn't call that game "dating sim". It's match-3 and quiz. Actual dating sims rely more on character backgrounds and dialogue.
But it's true, the game delivers exactly what it promises, and it's all well done. I really like the voice-over, the drawing style is not exactly my taste, but it's ok.

I can really recommend SRTT (SR2 won't playably run on my machine). It's often compared to GTA, but apart from the obvious similarities (open-world city, gangsters and co, cars and guns), I find they really are different in terms of "feeling". SR is more funny, comedy with a bit of sarcasm, while GTA (even before IV) is more rooted in reality - more like a bitter satire on the American dream with some crazy hilarity to brighten it up.
At least SR managed what only a few games did: Having me actually laughing out loud in front of the screen.
I see... *makes a note to not offend any game which features slutty anime girls* :-)
I have not really played any dating sims, so I don't really know what qualifies a game as one or not. How would you have liked the style to be other than anime? I think the anime helps with the whole silly aesthetics, being more realistic might make it more creepy. I mean the game does involve you getting girls drunk just to sleep with them, which is horrible. I do wish anime would not be so over the top with breasts, they just look silly with all the huge boobs. The costumes were nice though, some of them were very cute.

I don't think I have ever played any of the 3D GTA games. I have played the original 2D top view ones, but never the 3D open world ones. I have heard many people praise Saint's Row, so maybe one day I will look into it and see if I would enjoy it.

toxicTom: Installing Outlast now...

PS: Seems I don't have the DLC yet. I'll first give the main game a try.
Be sure to play it in the dark and with headphones, it is so much better. The DLC is often on sale here, so no need to rush, especially as you might not like the game. I found it really fun, it can be frustrating sometimes and drag a little in the middle, but overall it was great. I liked the story and some of the characters and their backstories were good, especially if you get immersed with it all. Let me know what you think if you get around to playing it.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: In that case I will just have to get hold of some jellied eels to scare you off. :-)

I know, I was just being silly with you saying only good news. I will be sure to let you know, even if it is in chat rather than on here.

Okay, I will give you an honest answer about Blackwell then we can see about a way to tell Agent. Unless I like it as well, then there is no need to make up stories for him. :-)

The DLC of Outlast has one of the most shocking scenes I have ever seen in a video game, in fact it might be the worst. It is definitely not one for the squeamish, or for anyone with male genitals :-). It was quite unexpected, which made it more effective. I guess playing it with my partner makes it more fun, although I don't think I would mind playing it alone.
Yuck... >__o ... wait. They don't look that bad in fact... ):-| ... (i'm always curious to taste new (funny) stuff :-p)
Okay... :-) you know my chat is owlways open to you, anyway ! either for good or bad news... **big serious hug**
You make me curious with your most schoking scene in a video game ever... ô__ô ... **sigh**.
How do you play it with your parnter ; to each his turn ? I don't think there is a multiplayer on those... :)
ddickinson: In that case I will just have to get hold of some jellied eels to scare you off. :-)

Empress_Owl: Yuck... >__o ... wait. They don't look that bad in fact... ):-| ... (i'm always curious to taste new (funny) stuff :-p)
Okay... :-) you know my chat is owlways open to you, anyway ! either for good or bad news... **big serious hug**
You make me curious with your most schoking scene in a video game ever... ô__ô ... **sigh**.
How do you play it with your parnter ; to each his turn ? I don't think there is a multiplayer on those... :)
The most shocking scene in video games usually involves Aerith.
Empress_Owl: Yuck... >__o ... wait. They don't look that bad in fact... ):-| ... (i'm always curious to taste new (funny) stuff :-p)
Damn, I should have known that anyone who eats frogs and horses will be okay with eels. :-)

I promise I will tell you on chat when I find out. *big serious return hug*

I could send you a link to the shocking scene if you like, but that might spoil the game if you play it sometime. And it is less effective as you are not as immersed as you would be playing the game. Also, keep in mind I am not the most well travelled with video games, so there could be many more games more shocking, it was just the most shocking I have seen.

We just take turns, but it is fun having someone to talk to while playing and having fun at random things and being scared together. We tended to switch after each big part, or if one of us kept getting killed too often as we were playing it on one of the harder difficulties.