It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Bah, it's not a problem for me. It's not even really late by my standards yet. In another 94 minutes it might be unfortunate ;-)

Pluck that game, and play something else! :-D I seem to have a magical ability: if I am not enjoying a game, I won't play it any longer. I learned my lesson after a couple of really boring games.

I'm doing okay. Life can always be better, I guess :-p but nothing worth complaining about. And besides, I ended up having a really lovely evenoon. So I'm smiling :-)
And... a little guilty pleasure... I'm smiling more from going back and reading through the big event of the day here. I'm very entertained by it :-p
I see. Well for me it would be really bad being still awake in about 94 minutes :).

Yes...i'm tempted to do that but the thing is that i like the gameworld but some of the characters start to annoy me...(and it's not the cliché "Let's go bowling" thing ^^)

That's good to hear - especially that you're having a really lovely evenoon :)
Yep me too. But i'm still somewhat baffled by the whole because i still don't understand why it escalated. The well articulated critism from Owl and was nowhere near being insulting or something like that - it was a valid and long overdue feedback on his behaviour...i guess it all comes down to immaturity....
Post edited January 26, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Well actually i knew that already but i fucked up my wording in that sentence....whoops...sorry ;)

Dark Messiah sounds like a good idea...i started that one years ago but never got far in it. Wasn't too bad. Never heard about They bleed Pixels before....How is Manhattan Project? I bought that one when the Duke said farewell...
-laughs- You're a dork. No need to apologize.

I saw a short Let's Play for Dark Messiah a long time ago, finally got around to renting it.

They Bleed Pixels is another beat your head against the wall platformer, only with combo-based combat thrown in the mix as well. Started playing it, the controls are good, just wasn't ready for another round of wanting to pull my hair out at the time.

Manhattan Project's enjoyable, aside from the keyboard-only controls. Those take getting used to.
ElTerprise: Well actually i knew that already but i fucked up my wording in that sentence....whoops...sorry ;)

Dark Messiah sounds like a good idea...i started that one years ago but never got far in it. Wasn't too bad. Never heard about They bleed Pixels before....How is Manhattan Project? I bought that one when the Duke said farewell...
CarrionCrow: Manhattan Project's enjoyable, aside from the keyboard-only controls. Those take getting used to.
Maybe I'm misreading, but keyboard only? I play it with a pad.
AgentBirdnest: Finally just took a look at it. I don't often pay attention to the upcoming games, but, well... I suddenly want to play it. It's not even really my type of gameplay, but it just looks cool. I'm shallow :-)
I wouldn't say you're shallow. If anything, that's an accurate assessment. It does look cool.
Visually, it looks interesting, and with it being a dungeon crawler-type game with turn-based combat that the developers are working to fine tune, combined with the overall space setting and the concept of playing as a crew of space merc troubleshooters, all that screams "BUY ME AND PLAY ME."
tinyE: Maybe I'm misreading, but keyboard only? I play it with a pad.
Crap. You're lucky. For some reason, the game's not getting along with my 360 controller at all. Finally said to hell with it since it was glitching out the double jumps and Duke's ability to grab onto overhead objects.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by CarrionCrow
AgentBirdnest: Finally just took a look at it. I don't often pay attention to the upcoming games, but, well... I suddenly want to play it. It's not even really my type of gameplay, but it just looks cool. I'm shallow :-)
CarrionCrow: I wouldn't say you're shallow. If anything, that's an accurate assessment. It does look cool.
Visually, it looks interesting, and with it being a dungeon crawler-type game with turn-based combat that the developers are working to fine tune, combined with the overall space setting and the concept of playing as a crew of space merc troubleshooters, all that screams "BUY ME AND PLAY ME."
tinyE: Maybe I'm misreading, but keyboard only? I play it with a pad.
CarrionCrow: Crap. You're lucky. For some reason, the game's not getting along with my 360 controller at all. Finally said to hell with it since it was glitching out the double jumps and Duke's ability to grab onto overhead objects.
Well I've used it successfully with two different controllers, that's odd. And I guess I am lucky because while I normally try to avoid using game pads I'd be toast without one for that game.
Let's see, food or the Humble Firaxis Bundle? Tough choice. :-)
Actually it's a hell of a deal even if you own most of the stuff already, gotta watch the Beyond Earth deal though, Rising Tide is only a discount coupon.
CarrionCrow: -laughs- You're a dork. No need to apologize.

I saw a short Let's Play for Dark Messiah a long time ago, finally got around to renting it.

They Bleed Pixels is another beat your head against the wall platformer, only with combo-based combat thrown in the mix as well. Started playing it, the controls are good, just wasn't ready for another round of wanting to pull my hair out at the time.

Manhattan Project's enjoyable, aside from the keyboard-only controls. Those take getting used to.
I prefer the term Döskopp :D

I wonder why that is not on GOG yet. Might be due to the Source Engine used ....

Ah i see. Another one of those kind of games :)

Keyboard-only? Yep...that might get interesting ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Let's see, food or the Humble Firaxis Bundle? Tough choice. :-)
Actually it's a hell of a deal even if you own most of the stuff already, gotta watch the Beyond Earth deal though, Rising Tide is only a discount coupon.
I'm offering the bottom tier as a reward if you can make up a decent puzzle here. You have a pretty good chance of winning, too. There aren't really any entries so far.
ElTerprise: I see. Well for me it would be really bad being still awake in about 94 minutes :).

Yes...i'm tempted to do that but the thing is that i like the gameworld but some of the characters start to annoy me...(and it's not the cliché "Let's go bowling" thing ^^)

That's good to hear - especially that you're having a really lovely evenoon :)
Yep me too. But i'm still somewhat baffled by the whole because i still don't understand why it escalated. The well articulated critism from Owl and was nowhere near being insulting or something like that - it was a valid and long overdue feedback on his behaviour...i guess it all comes down to immaturity....
Of course it would be bad - you are a normal person ;-)

That's unfortunate. I'm instantly reminded of the awesome world of Black Mesa, which gets so easily plucked up by having to drag around Barney ^^ ... I'm sure it is much different for GTA though :-p

Oddly, I'm not really baffled at all. In a way, it was kinda expected, and made perfect sense. I dunno. Couldn't agree more about the rest though, and props to Owl for her excellently well-crafted and sincere posts.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
tinyE: Well I've used it successfully with two different controllers, that's odd. And I guess I am lucky because while I normally try to avoid using game pads I'd be toast without one for that game.
At least yours are working, that's good. It took a bit since I'm pretty frigging left-handed, but I got used to the controls.
Would say that depends on how much food you already have, and how much you like it.
I bought X-Com for 7.49 on its own a while back, so it's very much a good deal for anyone who doesn't have a lot of the titles.
ElTerprise: I prefer the term Döskopp :D

I wonder why that is not on GOG yet. Might be due to the Source Engine used ....

Ah i see. Another one of those kind of games :)

Keyboard-only? Yep...that might get interesting ;)
You've heard me mangle English. If I attempted German (assuming I even knew the word, which I didn't), it'd be that much worse.

Not sure, but that does make sense. Licensing restrictions, maybe. More crap based around keeping games away from customers rather than having the widest range possible.

It's basic movement with the right hand, and shooting, kicking, sliding, weapons and jumping covered by the left.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Would say that depends on how much food you already have, and how much you like it.
I bought X-Com for 7.49 on its own a while back, so it's very much a good deal for anyone who doesn't have a lot of the titles.
Honestly I'm only interested in the Beyond Earth stuff and I'd like to have online copies of Pirates! and Civ IV so I don't have to open my still sealed CD copies. May enjoy the Ace Patrols too.
CarrionCrow: I wouldn't say you're shallow. If anything, that's an accurate assessment. It does look cool.
That sums it up. I usually don't go for turn-based combat, but sometimes exceptions come along. It looks unique, and seems to have hit a special secret spot in my brain that I didn't know existed :-)
AgentBirdnest: Of course it would be bad - you are a normal person ;-)

That's unfortunate. I'm instantly reminded of the awesome world of Black Mesa, which gets so easily plucked up by having to drag around Barney ^^ ... I'm sure it is much different for GTA though :-p

Oddly, I'm not really baffled at all. In a way, it was kinda expected, and made perfect sense. I dunno. Couldn't agree more about the rest though, and props to Owl for her excellently well-crafted and sincere posts.
A normal person that didn't sleep well for weeks now ;)

Yep. It's the writing i guess....some characters are just a huge pita :P

To some degree yes but considering the fact that it was (occasionally) possible to have reasonable (albeit usually short) conversations - even recently, i expected a slightly different behaviour to be honest.
Absolutely. She hit the nail right on the head with her posts :)
Oh wow. Interesting bundle! The only one I've really played is Civ V, and I'd recommend the entire thing just for that :-) Wasted* hundreds of hours with that one.

(*Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.)
AgentBirdnest: Oh wow. Interesting bundle! The only one I've really played is Civ V, and I'd recommend the entire thing just for that :-) Wasted* hundreds of hours with that one.

(*Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.)
I already have Civ V and most of the other things, the extras would be some very nice gift codes for people.