It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pimpmonkey2382.313: Unfortunately nope. :( But hanging in there.
Well keep my fingers crossed that you'll feel better soon!
pimpmonkey2382.313: Unfortunately nope. :( But hanging in there.
ElTerprise: Well keep my fingers crossed that you'll feel better soon!
*hugs*Thank you EIT. :)
ElTerprise: Well keep my fingers crossed that you'll feel better soon!
pimpmonkey2382.313: *hugs*Thank you EIT. :)
My new machine is chewing on what seems to be a >>HUGE<< update.
If it boots back up under Windows 10 a lot of people are going to wish I wasn't around. :/

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a reply. I'm distraught. :-)
Post edited January 10, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
You're welcome :)

EndreWhiteMane: My new machine is chewing on what seems to be a >>HUGE<< update.
If it boots back up under Windows 10 a lot of people are going to wish I wasn't around. :/

:/
Which OS do you currently have on your machine?

Hopefully it's not the case ...
ElTerprise: You're welcome :)

EndreWhiteMane: My new machine is chewing on what seems to be a >>HUGE<< update.

ElTerprise: :/
Which OS do you currently have on your machine?

Hopefully it's not the case ...
Currently it's 7 which is what I want to keep.
EndreWhiteMane: Currently it's 7 which is what I want to keep.
Yes...would love to have Windows 7 on my machine...but i could only return to Windows 8.1 on my computer :/

Anyway... i think if Microsoft intends to sneak Windows 10 on your machine they should at least give you the opt out of the installation...iirc there was atleast the the "install now" prompt when the installer was downloaded via Windows-update on my father's computer...so you should get that as well...
Post edited January 10, 2016 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: Currently it's 7 which is what I want to keep.
ElTerprise: Yes...would love to have Windows 7 on my machine...but i could only return to Windows 8.1 on my computer :/

Anyway... i think if Microsoft intends to sneak Windows 10 on your machine they should at least give you the opportunity to deny the EULA...
Still says 7 but it's on it's 5th reboot. Geez.
EndreWhiteMane: Still says 7 but it's on it's 5th reboot. Geez.
Oh my ... sounds like it's updating all of Windows 7....i never understand why Windows needs multiple reboots... wouldn't one reboot at the end of the installation be enough?
EndreWhiteMane: Still says 7 but it's on it's 5th reboot. Geez.
ElTerprise: Oh my ... sounds like it's updating all of Windows 7....i never understand why Windows needs multiple reboots... wouldn't one reboot at the end of the installation be enough?
I suspect they are 'preparing' your machine for Windows 10 whether you like it or not :/
ElTerprise: Oh my ... sounds like it's updating all of Windows 7....i never understand why Windows needs multiple reboots... wouldn't one reboot at the end of the installation be enough?
SalarShushan: I suspect they are 'preparing' your machine for Windows 10 whether you like it or not :/
So far it's still 7 and I don't see any evidence of 10. It's on it's last reboot, we'll know soon.
I'd rather go linux full time than to ever upgrade to win 10.
SalarShushan: I suspect they are 'preparing' your machine for Windows 10 whether you like it or not :/
Probably. But even then it should only download the setup files....needless to say that it is still really outstanding and comsumer-friendly from Microsoft. They're outdoing themselves with Win10.... ;)

pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd rather go linux full time than to ever upgrade to win 10.
Honestly aside from the rather unpleasant privacy issues Win10 is actually an improvement over Windows 8.1. That being said my experiences with Windows 10 have been mixed thus far. On my computer is runs great and faster than 8.1 (even with Fast startup disabled due to the Win10 / Debian Dualboot. On my laptop though it ran really unstable mostly due to driver issues. As i'm constantly trying to improve my knowledge of Linux (when i have time for it) - i also aim to go mostly Linux in the future.

-------------
Anyway. A short burst of ETS2 confirmed my tiredness which is why i'm going to sleep now. Good night everyone and see you later :)
Post edited January 10, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Probably. But even then it should only download the setup files....needless to say that it is still really outstanding and comsumer-friendly from Microsoft. They're outdoing themselves with Win10.... ;)
So far I don't see anything other than over 200 regular updates. Which considering I just did this yesterday is weird, to say the least.
No big change in HD space so who knows.
ElTerprise: Probably. But even then it should only download the setup files....needless to say that it is still really outstanding and comsumer-friendly from Microsoft. They're outdoing themselves with Win10.... ;)

pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd rather go linux full time than to ever upgrade to win 10.
ElTerprise: Honestly aside from the rather unpleasant privacy issues Win10 is actually an improvement over Windows 8.1. That being said my experiences with Windows 10 have been mixed thus far. On my computer is runs great and faster than 8.1 (even with Fast startup disabled due to the Win10 / Debian Dualboot. On my laptop though it ran really unstable mostly due to driver issues. As i'm constantly trying to improve my knowledge of Linux (when i have time for it) - i also aim to go mostly Linux in the future.
For my machine it was a snails pace to do about anything, even opening the start menu seemed like 10 minutes.
*zombie-walks into thread*

So... this is what the thread looks like in the evening? Meh... :-p