It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: That's why you don't let them get into your gunpowder stash.
That's supposed to be a secret! Ahhh!!!!

Ixamyakxim: I hope you enjoyed my handy handbook. Yes, I had a long day :) Yes, I do all this and YES I enjoyed typing all that FAR too much ;)
An interesting, entertaining and informative read! However I must admit that I'm lucky enough that the pooch did it on a tiled floor rather than carpet.

superstande: Okay. Thanks for a thorough Risen 2 description... hope you got it on discount at least.
The hack'n'slash thing... Seems it's difficult to make the combat really interesting in 3rd person games, in such a way that it keeps being interesting till the end. Even Witcher 1, although a great game, at some point the fights were a bit ... dull.

But if it's just that punching the button sort of thing... After a few games it starts to became really boring, at least in my opinion. Although Risen 1 has been lots of fun, the next game has to be a lot different if I'm going to play anything 3rd person... Maybe Mass Effect 1 ... or possibly a point'n'click game :)
I actually think that description was a bit sloppy haha. I'll just say...Risen 2 changed some of the things I really liked about the first game, and I'm not too in love with the new coat of paint (that being the pirate setting). That said, I'm sure I would enjoy it FAR more if they had just kept the fighting system as it was, because the writing is still fun and the world looks pretty enough.
zeogold: That's why you don't let them get into your gunpowder stash.
NoNewTaleToTell: That's supposed to be a secret! Ahhh!!!!
Don't worry, your secret is safe with me and the NSA.
NoNewTaleToTell: I actually think that description was a bit sloppy haha. I'll just say...Risen 2 changed some of the things I really liked about the first game, and I'm not too in love with the new coat of paint (that being the pirate setting). That said, I'm sure I would enjoy it FAR more if they had just kept the fighting system as it was, because the writing is still fun and the world looks pretty enough.
Yeah... Sometimes developers seem to make these choices that just are... too much :)
I find that you can either slowly adjust to it... or ... well... let the game gather dust on your shelf.
Been thinking that buying games is a bit like gambling. Although you always get something no matter what, the content isn't insured to make you happy. In my case, the myriad of nice suprises more than makes up for the disappointments... but still, after years of gaming... I still never know if the game I'm double-clicking the first time is going to be awesome or something else. Even with all the reviews one has access to these days, even for free...
NoNewTaleToTell: That's supposed to be a secret! Ahhh!!!!
zeogold: Don't worry, your secret is safe with me and the NSA.
National Society of Architects? Noooooooooo

superstande: Yeah... Sometimes developers seem to make these choices that just are... too much :)
I find that you can either slowly adjust to it... or ... well... let the game gather dust on your shelf.
Been thinking that buying games is a bit like gambling. Although you always get something no matter what, the content isn't insured to make you happy. In my case, the myriad of nice suprises more than makes up for the disappointments... but still, after years of gaming... I still never know if the game I'm double-clicking the first time is going to be awesome or something else. Even with all the reviews one has access to these days, even for free...
I agree with you there. I've had some games that I was so absolutely sure I was going to like and then I start it up and I'm proven wrong, and I've taken chances on games that turned out to be amazing (to me).

Sometimes tastes can be a bit hypocritical too. I'm not a fan of Risen 2's pirate setting, and I don't like pirate themes overall (as I've said), however I'm interested in Blood & Gold: Caribbean! because it's basically Mount & Blade: Warband in a new setting.
zeogold: Don't worry, your secret is safe with me and the NSA.
NoNewTaleToTell: National Society of Architects? Noooooooooo
Yes, but not in the way you're thinking.
We're being led by the spirit of Guy Fawkes.
NoNewTaleToTell: I agree with you there. I've had some games that I was so absolutely sure I was going to like and then I start it up and I'm proven wrong, and I've taken chances on games that turned out to be amazing (to me).

Sometimes tastes can be a bit hypocritical too. I'm not a fan of Risen 2's pirate setting, and I don't like pirate themes overall (as I've said), however I'm interested in Blood & Gold: Caribbean! because it's basically Mount & Blade: Warband in a new setting.
Yeah, but that's alright in my book. After all, we are not professional reviewers. The responsibility is left to the reader to choose if a game is worth buying :)
Sometimes I find myself too critical - like with Metro - wish I'd bought the two games from gog on sale long time ago. Instead got the first one from Steam only and find it's a 10/10 game for me. The reviews were correct this time ^__^
Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves* :)

EndreWhiteMane: So far I don't see anything other than over 200 regular updates. Which considering I just did this yesterday is weird, to say the least.
No big change in HD space so who knows.
Well weird indeed but considering the age of Windows 7 those might still be "normal" updates.

pimpmonkey2382.313: For my machine it was a snails pace to do about anything, even opening the start menu seemed like 10 minutes.
Well had similar issues when i upgraded my laptop...which is why the laptop is linux only atm.
ElTerprise: Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves* :)
*thave*
Good morning, sir T.
AgentBirdnest: *thave*
Good morning, sir T.
^^ that's new *big return thave*
Good morning Agent. How are you?
ElTerprise: ^^ that's new *big return thave*
Good morning Agent. How are you?
I feel like I slept inside of a dishwasher +__+ ... but I'm okay. In a good mood. About to dive back into Fran Bow, which should be fun :-)
How about yourself?
Good whenever, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing at least okay today.
AgentBirdnest: I feel like I slept inside of a dishwasher +__+ ... but I'm okay. In a good mood. About to dive back into Fran Bow, which should be fun :-)
How about yourself?
O.O....sounds awful but good to hear that you're at least okay :)
How is Fran Bow?

I'm good...just made me some tea :)

CarrionCrow: Good whenever, everyone. =)

Hi Crow :)
I'm good - what about you?
Happy New Year, people of the thread of Fred!

I know it is a little late but I have been a little preoccupied with things (some good and some not so good) and did not end up visiting over the festive season. So I figured I would just make a quick visit to say hello, offer some hugs, and to wish you all a very lovely year.

I am just making a quick visit today, but I will probably be on more next week. I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the new year.

Oh, and ELT... What the hell did you do this time?! Where is Duke?! >:-(
(Only joking, I know it has been removed, it was rumoured for some time.)

Anyway, I will be going to answer my mountain of chat messages. I never knew I was so popular, but then again, most are probably just spam. :-)

Take care and enjoy what is left of your weekend!

*big hugs, silly waves, and some strange looks for those who don't hug or wave.* :-)
ElTerprise: Hi Crow :)
I'm good - what about you?
Okay here. Woke up unexpectedly, so now it's finding stuff to do while waiting to see if I get sleepy again any time soon.
Fortunately, Youtube and Netflix do a good job in that regard.
CarrionCrow: Good whenever, everyone. =)

Good mornight!
Saw that you finished CSD 100%. Congratulations :-) How much time did you spend on it?