It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: May I have some of those drugs? :-)
Feel a bit better now that I'm moving around. Just picked out my new video card, that makes me happy.
What did you go with? Feel free to PM if you feel so inclined - I'm debating an upgrade myself.

CarrionCrow: Well...crap. Not sure what to play. (Horrible problems abound today, obviously.)
Ooooh any particularly interesting options / genres on the table? I'm (obviously!) always a fan of game talk.
pimpmonkey2382.313: need that one and xwing vs. tie fighter.
Strangely enough I never was a fan of XvT. I don't think I fully appreciated online play over the internet back then (loved Diablo, but I was mostly a LAN player by and large - and a little later, Day of Defeat - OMG what an amazing game / mod) and while I loved how the game looked / played the lack of a campaign sort of soured me on the game - I put very little time into it. Then they released a campaign expansion, but by then I was totally consumed by the Darkside of "Meh" with regard to the game and never picked it up.

I think I still mildly regret not trying to spend more time getting into the online play during its heyday - but if I were you now I don't think I'd feel I were missing out on too much if you passed on this one.
Post edited January 02, 2016 by Ixamyakxim
EndreWhiteMane: May I have some of those drugs? :-)
Feel a bit better now that I'm moving around. Just picked out my new video card, that makes me happy.
Ixamyakxim: What did you go with? Feel free to PM if you feel so inclined - I'm debating an upgrade myself.
Went with this since it seems to be a fairly reliable 'lower top end' card with reasonable power consumption.
Not a bad price either.

http://www.staples.com/GIGABYTE-Ultra-Durable-2-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-2GB-PCI-Express-30/product_IM1XJ3169
EndreWhiteMane:
I like it - especially like you said about the power consumption - seems like it can run stuff without spinning up like a jet engine and drawing enough watts though the case to light a bulb... from the outside ;)
Ixamyakxim: Ooooh any particularly interesting options / genres on the table? I'm (obviously!) always a fan of game talk.
Let's see...
From recent purchases, I'm looking at -
Dragon Age 1, Darkest Dungeon, The Quest, Fall of the Dungeon Guardians, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, Noctropolis, Doom 3, Killer is Dead, Serpent in the Staglands, Rebel Galaxy, every Gold Box game GOG has, Invisible Inc., Lords of Xulima.
Those are the ones that stand out the most right now.

Playing Cook Serve Delicious currently beyond that, trying to get through insanity mode.

Anything interesting on your plate as of late?
CarrionCrow: Playing Cook Serve Delicious currently beyond that, trying to get through insanity mode.

Anything interesting on your plate as of late?
You actually made me want to see this one on GoG - I looked at some descriptions / screenshots of it and while I'm not usually a "speed run" type gamer this one actually looks really cool.

Of the ones you listed, I had a TON of fun with Rebel Galaxy - solid action game with RPG elements, an awesome soundtrack and just silly fun smashing capital ships to pieces. Plus it has those nice intangible levels of "polish" that just make it a better game overall.

And I love Dragon Age from my console days - the last Bioware game I played before they were sucked up into the evil EA empire (actually I think DA:O was released after, but developed before). Just a great, massive sprawling oldschool RPG. HOWEVER I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you're ready to sit down and really sink a lot of time into a game. I can't see it being a good start / stop type of game, and it's a BIG one. I enjoyed it so much, I went back and replayed with a different race / class combo and made a few different choices from my original playthrough. I also have wanted but passed on Invisible, Inc which looks like a nice short RPG to jump into for a bit of quick but deep roguelite action *drools* - a nice in between type of game for those evenings when something turnbased but not too much of a total time sink is in order.

Will have to look into what Noctropolis is - hadn't heard of it - and is Gat Out of Hell and expansion or new Saints Row?

I HATED Killer is Dead. I was excited to try this one (again, on console) because I liked the zaniness (spelling?) of it combined with the stylized visuals and story presentation. Plus I was looking forward to some smooth as silk Devil May Cry sort of combat. What I got instead was boring gameplay, nonsense story (though I didn't give it much time) and terrible controls. It just didn't feel responsive at all. Combine that with a minigame, required for unlocks, that made me feel dirty to play it. You actually might like this one as a "torture yourself" type game - or maybe you'll find the game in it that I was originally hoping for but didn't stick around long enough to find LOL!

I'm still plugging away on Pillars of Eternity. I'm a huge fan of my little hobbit druid - the druid class is a lot of fun in that it mixes up a lot of damage / status effect spells with a really nice melee character. And unlike other characters / games this DOESN'T turn it into a character that sucks at both!

I'm debating mixing in a shooter for nights when I feel like something a bit more visceral. I'm torn between either Riddick or maybe even SS2... but worried it might distract me from Pillars a bit TOO much if I fire up another game. And despite REALLY wanting it to show up on GoG, but passing when it actually did I now have Starfleet Command! I'm super excited to start that up but I know I won't for a bit yet... which is killing me LOL!

Also, sorry in advance for eyeraping you with that wall of text LOL - I got a bit carried away ;)
Ixamyakxim: You actually made me want to see this one on GoG - I looked at some descriptions / screenshots of it and while I'm not usually a "speed run" type gamer this one actually looks really cool.

Of the ones you listed, I had a TON of fun with Rebel Galaxy - solid action game with RPG elements, an awesome soundtrack and just silly fun smashing capital ships to pieces. Plus it has those nice intangible levels of "polish" that just make it a better game overall.

And I love Dragon Age from my console days - the last Bioware game I played before they were sucked up into the evil EA empire (actually I think DA:O was released after, but developed before). Just a great, massive sprawling oldschool RPG. HOWEVER I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you're ready to sit down and really sink a lot of time into a game. I can't see it being a good start / stop type of game, and it's a BIG one. I enjoyed it so much, I went back and replayed with a different race / class combo and made a few different choices from my original playthrough. I also have wanted but passed on Invisible, Inc which looks like a nice short RPG to jump into for a bit of quick but deep roguelite action *drools* - a nice in between type of game for those evenings when something turnbased but not too much of a total time sink is in order.

Will have to look into what Noctropolis is - hadn't heard of it - and is Gat Out of Hell and expansion or new Saints Row?

I HATED Killer is Dead. I was excited to try this one (again, on console) because I liked the zaniness (spelling?) of it combined with the stylized visuals and story presentation. Plus I was looking forward to some smooth as silk Devil May Cry sort of combat. What I got instead was boring gameplay, nonsense story (though I didn't give it much time) and terrible controls. It just didn't feel responsive at all. Combine that with a minigame, required for unlocks, that made me feel dirty to play it. You actually might like this one as a "torture yourself" type game - or maybe you'll find the game in it that I was originally hoping for but didn't stick around long enough to find LOL!

I'm still plugging away on Pillars of Eternity. I'm a huge fan of my little hobbit druid - the druid class is a lot of fun in that it mixes up a lot of damage / status effect spells with a really nice melee character. And unlike other characters / games this DOESN'T turn it into a character that sucks at both!

I'm debating mixing in a shooter for nights when I feel like something a bit more visceral. I'm torn between either Riddick or maybe even SS2... but worried it might distract me from Pillars a bit TOO much if I fire up another game. And despite REALLY wanting it to show up on GoG, but passing when it actually did I now have Starfleet Command! I'm super excited to start that up but I know I won't for a bit yet... which is killing me LOL!

Also, sorry in advance for eyeraping you with that wall of text LOL - I got a bit carried away ;)
Cook Serve Delicious is a speed game. All the talk about business simulations? Total nonsense. You earn money, buy upgrades, and have to do dishes and take out trash during work shifts, but it's all in the construct of the breakneck speed game pace.

I saw people here talking about Rebel Galaxy after putting it on my list, ended up grabbing it before it hit any kind of heavy discount. Looking forward to trying it when I can focus on it and give the space genre a whirl. Not much experience there.

Agreed, Dragon Age will be a single title, no multitasking kind of thing. Really don't want to break the flow after tens of hours and start feeling like I need to start over. Already doing that given my incomplete run on the console version.

Noctropolis is a dark, comic book style point and click adventure thing. Saw someone mention it, it looked good and was 75 percent off.

Played a little of Killer is Dead already. The story is deranged, but I like that sort of thing, so that's a plus. Not a fan of the mini-game either. Using X-ray vision to sneak peeks at women's underwear is a bit much. At least with a game like Hunie Pop, they state what it is right off the bat. The straightforwardness diminishes the creep factor.

Started Pillars, but since I don't have the expansions yet, it's gone back on the shelf. Figure I'll pick up both expansion parts when they're available, then start a full run.
From the little I did see, I also liked how the classes were set up. Old D&D always had the weakness of some classes being an absolute pain in the ass to actually use.

I'd suggest Riddick over System Shock 2. The latter has enough mechanics involved with experience, skills, equipment, story, that it'll possibly end up feeling like you've stacked another RPG on top of what you're already doing.

Would suggest Starfleet Command as a palette cleanser of sorts after you've cleared Pillars. It looks like an entirely different thing, so you don't feel like you're getting bogged down in a single genre bender.

-laughs- No need to apologize, and that isn't eye rape. It's called conversation. ;)
Ixamyakxim: ...

Pillars is what I based my video card decision on, among others. I HAVE to be able to run that well when I buy it.
It might run Witcher3 but I don't care, that game is for rich kids. :-) Odd way to choose a card but I think it'll work out well.

Sorry for the snipping, my eyes were starting to feel funny. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: It might run Witcher3 but I don't care, that game is for rich kids.
Or for persons whose mum wanted to play the game and gave money to buy it :P
And someday I'll be able to run it :D
EndreWhiteMane: It might run Witcher3 but I don't care, that game is for rich kids.
moonshineshadow: Or for persons whose mum wanted to play the game and gave money to buy it :P
True but I don't have any wealthy relatives.
Your mother has a better computer than you? How odd. :-)
moonshineshadow: Or for persons whose mum wanted to play the game and gave money to buy it :P
EndreWhiteMane: True but I don't have any wealthy relatives.
Yeah, her computer is better and newer than mine. I definitely need to upgrade my graphic card before I can play Witcher 3 :D
EndreWhiteMane: True but I don't have any wealthy relatives.
moonshineshadow: Yeah, her computer is better and newer than mine. I definitely need to upgrade my graphic card before I can play Witcher 3 :D
That's funny when I think about it, my mother probably never even heard the word 'computer' spoken in her lifetime.
OK, that did it, now I really feel old. Where the hell's my Geritol? :-)
moonshineshadow: Yeah, her computer is better and newer than mine. I definitely need to upgrade my graphic card before I can play Witcher 3 :D
EndreWhiteMane: That's funny when I think about it, my mother probably never even heard the word 'computer' spoken in her lifetime.
OK, that did it, now I really feel old. Where the hell's my Geritol? :-)
Yeah it is quite nice that my mum also likes video games. I really enjoyed the holidays here, we almost finished Yoshis Wooly World.
*extra big hug before googling what Geritol is* :D
87,000 posts Crow, are the lights getting dim at your place? Think I saw a little flicker here.
GOG servers be drawin' the juice! :-)
Happy belated birthday thread!
EndreWhiteMane: 87,000 posts Crow, are the lights getting dim at your place? Think I saw a little flicker here.
GOG servers be drawin' the juice! :-)
-laughs- I never knew you had cameras installed at my place...
NoNewTaleToTell: Happy belated birthday thread!
Good afternoon/evening. =)

Haven't seen you in a bit, how've you been doing?
Post edited January 03, 2016 by CarrionCrow