It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: Good Morning DD and Agent!! ;) Also to everyone else sameys!
Excitement for me were the original two Fallouts and Ultima VII... Still haven't played U7 to finish... had a busy time in life back in the 2012 and then I lost my save so... :) But I loved all of those three games and had lots of happy gaming hours.
Simon The Sorcerer is a really nice game, good pixel art... I've played it about halfway on amiga that I don't have anymore though... Quite a witty and cheerful game :)
Good morning!

How are you today?

I have not played any of the Fallout games, but they sure do seem popular. :-)

l0rdtr3k: Hi people.How's life treating all of you?
Hello, little Blob!

Did you enjoy your movie yesterday?

AgentBirdnest: I love educational games. They make me feel like I'm doing something productive ;-p ... I read through the description for Never Alone, and despite knowing absolutely nothing about the topic, it does sound pretty interesting. I might keep an eye out during sales. Even if the topic didn't interest me, and the platforming could be better, I might enjoy it based on graphics alone. Sometimes lovely graphics are enough to keep me playing (I'm a fan of "walking simulators" :-p)
Good Gog... Germans making a game to appeal to American humour? I don't even know what type of humour Americans like, and I'm American!

Speaking of lovely graphics... Next topic - What is the best looking game(s) you have played?
It is an interesting take on a game, and the gameplay is fun, although it does seem designed around co-op, which is how me and my partner played it. It is playable in single player, but I can see a few times when it would be a little annoying due to the AI controlling the other player. The game and the DLC are about 3-5 hours I think, but me and my partner did enjoy it, so as long as you are not too judgmental with games it should be a fun game to pick up on sale.

Best looking graphics? Erm, I played Mind Path to Thalamus, and Montague's Mount which I think had good graphics, although I did not really like Mind, and Montague's Mount was a bit of a let down and could have been so much more. Outlast was also good visually, and I loved the art style of Dust: An Elysian Tail. There could be others, but none that come to mind.
ddickinson: Good morning!

How are you today?

Hello, little Blob!

Did you enjoy your movie yesterday?

It is an interesting take on a game, and the gameplay is fun, although it does seem designed around co-op, which is how me and my partner played it. It is playable in single player, but I can see a few times when it would be a little annoying due to the AI controlling the other player. The game and the DLC are about 3-5 hours I think, but me and my partner did enjoy it, so as long as you are not too judgmental with games it should be a fun game to pick up on sale.

Best looking graphics? Erm, I played Mind Path to Thalamus, and Montague's Mount which I think had good graphics, although I did not really like Mind, and Montague's Mount was a bit of a let down and could have been so much more. Outlast was also good visually, and I loved the art style of Dust: An Elysian Tail. There could be others, but none that come to mind.
Yes,very much.*begins to cuddle DD*

AgentBirdnest: Good mornoon, Sup! :-)
I've not played any of the Ultima games. Fantasy is usually not my thing. I've tried Fallout, but lost my save as well :-p I really enjoyed what I played though. I should give it another go...

Sounds like a truly awesome movie/food combo! :-D I was just quoting Goodfellas a few minutes ago. How odd :-)
It's treating me quite well these last few days :-) I'm hopeful that trend will continue.
How about you?
Somewhat bad. I'm having some problems with my weight and I'm worries about it.
ddickinson: It is an interesting take on a game, and the gameplay is fun, although it does seem designed around co-op, which is how me and my partner played it. It is playable in single player, but I can see a few times when it would be a little annoying due to the AI controlling the other player. The game and the DLC are about 3-5 hours I think, but me and my partner did enjoy it, so as long as you are not too judgmental with games it should be a fun game to pick up on sale.

Aye, I noticed in gameplay videos that it looks like more of a co-op game than a solo one. Kinda like Trine, but that was quite fun to play alone anyway... I'm never judgmental about games these days. I always find things to like, and the things I like (almost) always outweigh the negative things [/positive since 2014] :-)

I haven't played any of those games. And I'm far too much of a wuss to play Outlast n__n (I can't play Amnesia... far too scary.)
I can't pick just one game that looks best - I have to separate them by genre. For platformers, Trine 2 was the best looking one that I've played. For RTS, it is World in Conflict... FPS is a tough call, but Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway looked really amazing, and I think looks better than most newer FPS games.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Good mornoon, Sup! :-)
I've not played any of the Ultima games. Fantasy is usually not my thing. I've tried Fallout, but lost my save as well :-p I really enjoyed what I played though. I should give it another go...

Sounds like a truly awesome movie/food combo! :-D I was just quoting Goodfellas a few minutes ago. How odd :-)
Yeah :) Maybe we both have roots in Sicily? :P
I came to this decision by way of playing Omerta that was dealt to me by the sale-squirrel...

ddickinson: Good morning!

How are you today?

I'm doing alright. Just trying to let go of the work stress and fatigue that has developed after Summer.
Any plans for the Saturday?
Yeah Fallouts... maybe they are mentioned too many times :) But the first was for me really something awesome, hard to explain. But it's not that I consider it the pinnacle of gaming... there's so many other games as good :)
Post edited December 19, 2015 by superstande
l0rdtr3k: Somewhat bad. I'm having some problems with my weight and I'm worries about it.
Hm... sorry to hear that. I'm no stranger to worrisome weight (both over and under weight at times.) Despite that, I don't really have any advice, except to talk to a doctor about it maybe? In any case, I hope it becomes something less worrisome and you can be happy with your weight.
l0rdtr3k: Yes,very much.*begins to cuddle DD*
That is good to hear. Do you have anything nice planned for the weekend?

AgentBirdnest: Aye, I noticed in gameplay videos that it looks like more of a co-op game than a solo one. Kinda like Trine, but that was quite fun to play alone anyway... I'm never judgmental about games these days. I always find things to like, and the things I like (almost) always outweigh the negative things [/positive since 2014] :-)

I haven't played any of those games. And I'm far too much of a wuss to play Outlast n__n (I can't play Amnesia... far too scary.)
I can't pick just one game that looks best - I have to separate them by genre. For platformers, Trine 2 was the best looking one that I've played. For RTS, it is World in Conflict... FPS is a tough call, but Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway looked really amazing, and I think looks better than most newer FPS games.
I think you will enjoy it then, it was definitely a fun game and quite interesting. The two stories are based on old folktales form their culture, with some small alterations (such as changing the main character to a girl).

I really liked Outlast and the DLC, it was a lot of fun playing it with my partner in a nice dark room with the headphones on. There is a scene on the DLC that I am sure will have all the guys cringing. :-)

I have played Trine 1 by myself, but I have yet to play the second game. I hear the third game was very short and a let down. I seem to recall them trying to be a 3D platformer and it not working out too well, resulting in a very short and not very impressive game. I played a bit of Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine a few months ago, which is a third person game, and that had some lovely graphics. I tend to play older games, so none of my games will be cutting edge like the Witcher 3 or anything in terms of graphics.

superstande: I'm doing alright. Just trying to let go of the work stress and fatigue that has developed after Summer.
Any plans for the Saturday?
Yeah Fallouts... maybe they are mentioned too many times :) But the first was for me really something awesome, hard to explain. But it's not that I consider it the pinnacle of gaming... there's so many other games as good :)
Fingers crossed you can destress and enjoy the festive season.

Nothing really, just resting as my health is not doing too well today. Do you have anything nice planned?

I guess like many games they have their fandoms, with some people really enjoying them and some hating them. I know some hate the new ones and prefer the older ones, while others prefer the newer FPS type ones over the older ones.
superstande: Yeah :) Maybe we both have roots in Sicily? :P
I came to this decision by way of playing Omerta that was dealt to me by the sale-squirrel...
Huh... not that I know of. I'm Swedish, Czech, and a bit of English :-)
How are you liking Omerta? I've heard mixed opinions about it.
ddickinson: I really liked Outlast and the DLC, it was a lot of fun playing it with my partner in a nice dark room with the headphones on. There is a scene on the DLC that I am sure will have all the guys cringing. :-)

I have played Trine 1 by myself, but I have yet to play the second game. I hear the third game was very short and a let down. I seem to recall them trying to be a 3D platformer and it not working out too well, resulting in a very short and not very impressive game. I played a bit of Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine a few months ago, which is a third person game, and that had some lovely graphics. I tend to play older games, so none of my games will be cutting edge like the Witcher 3 or anything in terms of graphics.
Yeah, I've heard about what happens in the DLC... I've not seen it. I may need to get drunk before playing it >__o

That's what I've heard about Trine 3. I guess it is kinda admirable to try something new, instead of just repeating the exact same formula over and over like many series do. it's a shame it didn't work out though (so I've heard. I haven't played it.)
ddickinson: I guess like many games they have their fandoms, with some people really enjoying them and some hating them. I know some hate the new ones and prefer the older ones, while others prefer the newer FPS type ones over the older ones.
I've got no problem with the older ones, but I'm a sucker for first-person games, so naturally I enjoyed the newer ones quite a lot :-) I wouldn't have even tried Fallout 1 if I hadn't played the newer ones first.
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, I've heard about what happens in the DLC... I've not seen it. I may need to get drunk before playing it >__o

That's what I've heard about Trine 3. I guess it is kinda admirable to try something new, instead of just repeating the exact same formula over and over like many series do. it's a shame it didn't work out though (so I've heard. I haven't played it.)
I could send you a link to that scene on the DLC if you wanted to see it? I loved the look on my brothers faces when they played it. :-)

It seems that making a 3D platformer is a lot harder and costs a lot more. I remember a game based on Little Red Riding Hood (I think it was called Wolfie). It looked really interesting and I liked the art style, but apparently it was not what people had been expecting due to the developers underestimating the cost and difficulty involved in changing the game from 2D to 3D. I think it was on Kickstarter and they are now out of business, leaving many people without their Kickstarter gifts.
ddickinson: I could send you a link to that scene on the DLC if you wanted to see it? I loved the look on my brothers faces when they played it. :-)

It seems that making a 3D platformer is a lot harder and costs a lot more. I remember a game based on Little Red Riding Hood (I think it was called Wolfie). It looked really interesting and I liked the art style, but apparently it was not what people had been expecting due to the developers underestimating the cost and difficulty involved in changing the game from 2D to 3D. I think it was on Kickstarter and they are now out of business, leaving many people without their Kickstarter gifts.
I'm sure I can find it myself, once I am sitting comfortably in a psychologist's office ;-p

Just did a bit of reading about that game. "Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries"... looks like fun, but is quite short, from what I've read. The game was bought by Rebellion, who promised to deliver rewards to the Kickstarter backers. Nice :-)
I'm too scared to back a Kickstarter game. I like to buy my games once they have been completed.
AgentBirdnest: I'm sure I can find it myself, once I am sitting comfortably in a psychologist's office ;-p

Just did a bit of reading about that game. "Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries"... looks like fun, but is quite short, from what I've read. The game was bought by Rebellion, who promised to deliver rewards to the Kickstarter backers. Nice :-)
I'm too scared to back a Kickstarter game. I like to buy my games once they have been completed.
In that case you might as well wait until you play the game and see it yourself. :-)

Rewards! That is the word I was looking for when I said gift, for some reason I could not remember what they are called. The game did look good, but way too short due to them overestimating things. I agree with Kickstarter, way too risky and there are so many companies that take your money (and some times a lot more that they asked for) and still deliver subpar games. Like Double Fine, which is one of the reasons I really don't like them. A few games do well, but many don't even make it to what was promised. Not that I mind, I have a big enough backlog that I can just wait and see if it gets made and is any good. In the meantime I still have lots of unplayed games to play. :-)
ddickinson: In that case you might as well wait until you play the game and see it yourself. :-)

Rewards! That is the word I was looking for when I said gift, for some reason I could not remember what they are called. The game did look good, but way too short due to them overestimating things. I agree with Kickstarter, way too risky and there are so many companies that take your money (and some times a lot more that they asked for) and still deliver subpar games. Like Double Fine, which is one of the reasons I really don't like them. A few games do well, but many don't even make it to what was promised. Not that I mind, I have a big enough backlog that I can just wait and see if it gets made and is any good. In the meantime I still have lots of unplayed games to play. :-)
I'm sure I will play it someday... I'm quite curious about it now :-p ... and I've heard from a few people that it is a nice game. I just need someone to hold me while I play it n__n

I got burned by Double Fine with Spacebase DF-9. Luckily, I got it in a Humble Bundle with Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking, and Costume Quest, so I'm not too pissed off. The other games are quite lovely. I was mostly just upset because it had potential to be something really great. The features they talked about adding sounded really fun and exciting. Then BAM! They release mod tools and tell us to finish making the game by ourselves :-p
AgentBirdnest: I'm sure I will play it someday... I'm quite curious about it now :-p ... and I've heard from a few people that it is a nice game. I just need someone to hold me while I play it n__n

I got burned by Double Fine with Spacebase DF-9. Luckily, I got it in a Humble Bundle with Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking, and Costume Quest, so I'm not too pissed off. The other games are quite lovely. I was mostly just upset because it had potential to be something really great. The features they talked about adding sounded really fun and exciting. Then BAM! They release mod tools and tell us to finish making the game by ourselves :-p
You should stream it on Twitch, then we can all come in the chat room and give you some support. And I get to giggle as everyone gets scared who has not played it before. :-)

I hope you let them have it with the matched? That will teach them for letting you down. :-)
ddickinson: You should stream it on Twitch, then we can all come in the chat room and give you some support. And I get to giggle as everyone gets scared who has not played it before. :-)

I hope you let them have it with the matched? That will teach them for letting you down. :-)
You could also see AgentB meet his untimely death when he gets so startled that he kicks his computer desk, causing the monitor to fall on his face and he drowns in liquid crystals :-p

Of course! ... well, I burned my Double Fine account to the ground at least, so they won't send me anymore newsletters :-)

I only bought one other game while it was still in development - "1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)"... I was a fan of the developer, so I supported them with my $2. It was the first "early access" game on Steam (before it was even called "early access")... 4 years later, and it appears to still be in alpha. No updates in a couple years.
I've learned my lesson. "Fool me once... uh... shame on... shame on you? >__o ... ...uh.... You fool me, you can't get fooled again." (George W Bush :-p)
AgentBirdnest: You could also see AgentB meet his untimely death when he gets so startled that he kicks his computer desk, causing the monitor to fall on his face and he drowns in liquid crystals :-p

Of course! ... well, I burned my Double Fine account to the ground at least, so they won't send me anymore newsletters :-)

I only bought one other game while it was still in development - "1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)"... I was a fan of the developer, so I supported them with my $2. It was the first "early access" game on Steam (before it was even called "early access")... 4 years later, and it appears to still be in alpha. No updates in a couple years.
I've learned my lesson. "Fool me once... uh... shame on... shame on you? >__o ... ...uh.... You fool me, you can't get fooled again." (George W Bush :-p)
But just think of the view count you will get. :-)

Is that all? I thought you would have been much angrier and just burned everything they had down. :-)

Maybe a silly question, but is he serious in the video, or making a joke? (You never know with politicians.)