It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: alright I've bought 5 squirrels... who wants to trade all this crap for the Gothics? ;)
Hey just a heads up, if you use Steam, the Arcania + Gothic Pack (Gothic 1 + 2 + 3 + 3: Forsaken Gods + Gothic 4: Arcania and its expansion pack) is always on sale during the major sales. Arcania (aka Gothic 4) is a bit of a departure from the established games, it's more of a kinda generic action RPG but with Gothic's lore, but it's probably okay on its own (I've only played the demo). Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods and Arcania and its expansion pack were made by different devs than the first three games, explaining the gameplay changes and clumsy lore handling.

Now the Divine Pack here at GOG is a temporary bundle consists of Beyond Divinity, Divinity II and Divinity: Dragon Commander. If you like Risen then I would say that you would probably like Divinity II too.

Divinity II is a little more linear storywise but it's still open world/sandbox, it's just that the world is broken up into large areas rather than having the entire world available at once. The world is overall probably a little smaller than Risen's BUT Divinity II has the addition of more dungeons to explore including dungeons you have to work through for the story.

Just like Risen, there is no level scaling in Divinity II so you can wander into an area at a low level and not have a chance of surviving. The only issue I have with the enemies in Divinity II is that they're stuck in their zone, which means if you're getting smashed then you can high tail it back the way you came and the enemy will eventually run back to their original spot.

The skill system is pretty robust and you'll have to specialize just a bit, a jack of all trades build doesn't help you in this game.

Loot is pretty varied although there is a lot of "+3 fire resistance" type stuff, but it IS a RPG. There is unique loot to be found too. When getting a reward for a quest you're often forced to choose between extra (yes extra, as in bonus) experience, or gold, or whatever else is being offered.

The writing in Divinity II is stronger than the writing in Risen, it's actually pretty great writing and there is a good bit of humor in places without the game seeming "jokey". A neat trick in the game is that your character can "mind read" another character when talking to them at the cost of X amount of experience.

The main campaign feels about the same lengthwise as Risen (I'm near the endgame of Divinity II) BUT it has a extra campaign to work through, no idea how long that is.

Overall I highly recommend Divinity II! It's a great game, and it's a real shame that it's overlooked.
LeoLR: ...
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Oh alright Leo, thank you so much for the story behind that! :) Ι appeciate it! :)
Another bit of story...
Months later during another Imsonia sale GOG put on sale 1800 copies (or it was 18000?) of Jack Keane 2 that sold extremely fast. It was actually a joke. Only 18 units of the game were on sale this time.
LeoLR: Another bit of story...
Months later during another Imsonia sale GOG put on sale 1800 copies (or it was 18000?) of Jack Keane 2 that sold extremely fast. It was actually a joke. Only 18 units of the game were on sale this time.
I do think it was in fact 18,000. When it went up there my jaw dropped in the 1/2 second it took me to start laughing and realize it was a joke.
LeoLR: Another bit of story...
Ixamyakxim: I do think it was in fact 18,000. When it went up there my jaw dropped in the 1/2 second it took me to start laughing and realize it was a joke.
I think it was 18,000 too and I had the same reaction. What was the other game that stalled? Obviously Jack Keane 2 was the big one, but there was another oohhhh wait... it was Shadow Man. I actually bought a copy of Shadow Man just to try to move it along. I've booted it up once. I don't care about Shadow Man but I did my part!
NoNewTaleToTell: ... it was Shadow Man. I actually bought a copy of Shadow Man just to try to move it along. I've booted it up once. I don't care about Shadow Man but I did my part!
LOL - it's actually supposed to be a decent open world action game if you can get by the obtuse level design and direction (I guess it's a bit easy to get lost and lose track of what you're meant to be doing).
Good afternoon/evening, everyone.

Hope you're all having at least a decent day so far.

Additional - Just drove by a person who started yelling, "Please don't hurt me!" since I got a little too close to them with my car. Get out, go to buy a property, and a garbage truck flies out of nowhere, crushing the woman to death before I could get a chance to shoot them.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by CarrionCrow
NoNewTaleToTell: ... it was Shadow Man. I actually bought a copy of Shadow Man just to try to move it along. I've booted it up once. I don't care about Shadow Man but I did my part!
Ixamyakxim: LOL - it's actually supposed to be a decent open world action game if you can get by the obtuse level design and direction (I guess it's a bit easy to get lost and lose track of what you're meant to be doing).
Well the words "open world" just piqued my interest! In my brief time with it, it just felt sluggish and a bit...well bad control wise, even by old game standards.
Ixamyakxim: I do think it was in fact 18,000. When it went up there my jaw dropped in the 1/2 second it took me to start laughing and realize it was a joke.
NoNewTaleToTell: I think it was 18,000 too and I had the same reaction. What was the other game that stalled? Obviously Jack Keane 2 was the big one, but there was another oohhhh wait... it was Shadow Man. I actually bought a copy of Shadow Man just to try to move it along. I've booted it up once. I don't care about Shadow Man but I did my part!
You are probably right. My memory is dim about that number.
Every Imsomnia had its "sale-stopper" game but never anything like Jack.
Quick hello and

*Big hugs and waves*

I hope you're all doing alright!
NoNewTaleToTell: I think it was 18,000 too and I had the same reaction. What was the other game that stalled? Obviously Jack Keane 2 was the big one, but there was another oohhhh wait... it was Shadow Man. I actually bought a copy of Shadow Man just to try to move it along. I've booted it up once. I don't care about Shadow Man but I did my part!
Humans Must Answer was another one that dragged along. I don't know that I've ever seen that title on sale outside of an Insomnia. Most people seem to forget it's even here.
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon/evening, everyone.

Hope you're all having at least a decent day so far.
Hello Crow!
Going well here. I hope the same is true to you.

I hear that a rental sale is supposed to start sometime this weekend or in the next week.
Will you partake in the event considering how many games you got here? :-)
IAmSinistar: Hard to explain, it must be lived through to appreciate. Basically GOG puts up one title at a time, of a limited number, and the next game doesn't appear until the current one sells out. It could be just 50 copies of a highly desired game, or 500 of a common one, or really any variation thereof. Since no-one knows what is coming next, and for the first pass no-one even knows what games are included, there forms a very active community around the sale. Trackers track the games that come up and their price/quantity, watchers watch for games that others are interested in, and basically everyone hangs out for a marathon as the first round plays out. Tremendous social fun.
moonshineshadow: And most important the birth of the legendary Keaning :D
And IAmSinistar gifting me games I complained I missed... Which I already owned. Twice. How embarrasing... *blushes*

But that's Insomnia for you...
I've decided to spend this afternoon devoted to X: Beyond the frontier since I won't have any free time tomorrow or Sunday because of a late chem assignment...

The game obviously has potential but this is what I feel like right now. Flying around packages for this much.

The current sale hasn't ended yet and we're discussing Insomnia already.

Yes, I do realize that's because this one has been about as exciting as listening to a dissertation on the standarization of screw and washer sizes.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by j0ekerr
IAmSinistar: Humans Must Answer was another one that dragged along. I don't know that I've ever seen that title on sale outside of an Insomnia. Most people seem to forget it's even here.
I still remember. Specifically, I remember screaming about how dumb it sounded as it took its sweet time dragging along.
LeoLR: Hello Crow!
Going well here. I hope the same is true to you.

I hear that a rental sale is supposed to start sometime this weekend or in the next week.
Will you partake in the event considering how many games you got here? :-)
Doing all right here. Saints Row 3 is a very fun game.

From what got leaked, the last rental sale of the year is supposed to start on the 22nd and run until January 4th.

Considering how many of my recent rentals have turned out to be somehow broken, I highly doubt I'll be latching onto that sale too much.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by CarrionCrow
j0ekerr: I've decided to spend this afternoon devoted to X: Beyond the frontier since I won't have any free time tomorrow or Sunday because of a late chem assignment...

The game obviously has potential but this is what I feel like right now. Flying around packages for this much..
Yeah...

X is rather slow. And once you've build you own Solar Plant and then later a Crystal Factory and some other factories you start to make so much money that you can power up your ship really fast (compared to before) and take on the story in like a breeze. The balancing is not that good.