It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Funny you mentioned Oblivion. i have the GOTY edition but have only been able to play it with EVERYTHING turned way down so I'm super jazzed to get a crack at it with new specs. The one thing all ES games have in common, even the older ones, is that their landscapes are so beautiful and on a shit computer you lose all of that.

BTW I might be asking A LOT questions like this. Just looking at the library here I've never been able to play Witcher, Saints Row, Sacred 2, just to name a few, until now (or whenever the computer gets here), so I might get kind of annoying asking about them .:P
If I remember correctly, even a good computer would have trouble in some places in Morrowind. Poor optimization or something. I think that has been fixed by mods since then. I don't remember having any problems like that with Oblivion though.

I think many people would be willing to help with these type of questions. Who knows, it might even be nice to actually talk about games in a game forum ;-)
GreenDamsel: At least send me a link to whatever you're watching
I'm not watching, just glancing ocassionally, and they've changed the channel anyways.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
tinyE: Fine then, anyone here played Skyrim? I would like some opinions. Now that I'm getting a new PC I can start looking at all of these games I've been denied for so long and that is one at the top of the list.
I know you've played Oblivion so I'll compare it with pros/cons

Pros
It has far better combat than Oblivion
The mash potato faces are gone
Level scaling is still present BUT it's been vastly improved, there are different enemies that can spawn based on your level but they all have a level cap and none run around in Daedric armor
Voice acting is kinda improved but it's still a case of 90% of the NPCs being voiced by 5 voice actors
The new lore is fairly interesting
Graphically it's better all around
Dungeons are vastly improved
The new leveling system makes it a bit hard to mess up your character, and you no longer have to sleep to level up, you can even do it in combat now to instantly refill your magicka/health/stamina...not that I've used it like that...nope.

Cons
Oblivion has more interesting towns
Towns are really empty, as is the world outside of towns (99% of everything outside of towns want to maul you)
Dungeons are extremely linear and they all follow the same basic layout, including 99% of them including a convenient exit door near the boss' room
Writing is still mediocre at its best Bethesdian junk
Quests are generally less interesting than Oblivion's
Main guild/DLC quests like to send you to Dwemer ruins, which can take over an hour to slog through, and they're bronze enough to burn your eyes after a while, well if your eyes haven't glazed over from boredom
No interesting puzzles to be found, every puzzle is a switch puzzle, usually with the answer nearby

Overall I've had a lot of fun with it just wandering around fighting things, and there are a ton of good mods, some of which I consider essential to the game.
AgentBirdnest: If I remember correctly, even a good computer would have trouble in some places in Morrowind. Poor optimization or something. I think that has been fixed by mods since then. I don't remember having any problems like that with Oblivion though.

I think many people would be willing to help with these type of questions. Who knows, it might even be nice to actually talk about games in a game forum ;-)
Heh,now I'm thinking of the stuttering framerates in witcher 1.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
l0rdtr3k: I can't help but to imagine you as a chibi soldier all covered up in peanut butter.
(Had to look up "chibi")
Huh... Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not a chibi. As for the peanut butter, that depends on your definition of "covered" ;-p
GreenDamsel: Somewhere out there, there is a guy who has a fetish for soldiers covered in peanut butter. Mark my words. Never forget Rule 41.
I'd never really thought about that, but now that you mention it... ô__ô
BillyMaysFan59: Anyways..... I've done enough rambling for now.....
Make sure to pop in from time to time. And check back soon; I'm still hoping there's a (meaningful!) fix in place that will at least get us back to a bit of normalcy...
tinyE: Fine then, anyone here played Skyrim? I would like some opinions. Now that I'm getting a new PC I can start looking at all of these games I've been denied for so long and that is one at the top of the list.
I have a love-hate relationship going with Skyrim, and keep in mind while reading this I have played over 800 hrs of the damn game. I have one character at 59.

Pros:
-Beautiful. Stunning. Sweeping. Some of the views will just take your breath away
-NPCs are really well done: features, day to day activities, interactions with you
-Skilil Tree: really good. You can make so many different types of characters.
-Magic: In this game it is really fun and takes a lot of tweeking to get it just right.
-Open world, you can do things as you want, or never do them at all.

Cons:
-Main quest is ok. but that's true with bethesda almost always
-Side quests lack soul. Lots of fetch quests and many of the faction quests are dull compared to the old games.
This really disappointed me and is my chief complaint concerning this game.
-Combat is just hitting buttons. Arrows no longer have gravity physics (Oblivion).
-Few really memorably characters.
I like to compare Skyrim to a beautiful but vapid girl. She's pretty to look at and fun, but lacks any real depth.
If it were me, I'd say play oblivion first now that you can with max graphics (i read your later post), so that the few quirks the game has don't seem like eye sores after playing Skyrim (NPCs mainly).
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing well today.
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

I'm always doing well. The question is if I am doing good.

How are you?
Crewdroog: I have a love-hate relationship going with Skyrim, and keep in mind while reading this I have played over 800 hrs of the damn game. I have one character at 59.

Pros:
-Beautiful. Stunning. Sweeping. Some of the views will just take your breath away
-NPCs are really well done: features, day to day activities, interactions with you
-Skilil Tree: really good. You can make so many different types of characters.
-Magic: In this game it is really fun and takes a lot of tweeking to get it just right.
-Open world, you can do things as you want, or never do them at all.

Cons:
-Main quest is ok. but that's true with bethesda almost always
-Side quests lack soul. Lots of fetch quests and many of the faction quests are dull compared to the old games.
This really disappointed me and is my chief complaint concerning this game.
-Combat is just hitting buttons. Arrows no longer have gravity physics (Oblivion).
-Few really memorably characters.
I like to compare Skyrim to a beautiful but vapid girl. She's pretty to look at and fun, but lacks any real depth.
If it were me, I'd say play oblivion first now that you can with max graphics (i read your later post), so that the few quirks the game has don't seem like eye sores after playing Skyrim (NPCs mainly).
Speaking about Skyrim...

GreenDamsel: I'm always doing well. The question is if I am doing good.

How are you?
Can't complain here. Just put some nice loud music on, now going back and forth on whether to buy more things at the moment.
Crewdroog:
j0ekerr: Speaking about Skyrim...
LOL I have dark souls sitting in a corner. it stares at me and continually calls me chicken.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by Crewdroog
Oh great. It's utterly all hot but sunny all day and the when i decided to run some errands it started raining.....*sigh*

hello! So far so good, hope your day is going well too.
Crewdroog: hello! So far so good, hope your day is going well too.
The soda is cold, the headphones are vibrating and the back account isn't at overdraw just yet, so it could all be a hell of a lot worse. ;)