It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FearfulSymmetry: Oh well, at least it was spent on literature and not boring theory books that never get used.
The reason why I haven't bought a book since my first semester. Oh how naive I was back then.
FearfulSymmetry: *super big hugs*
Hey, good to speak to you again, and good to hear you're doing well! Yep, I'm out about 220 euros right now. :P I could've done so many fun things with that money! xD Oh well, at least it was spent on literature and not boring theory books that never get used.
Wow...220 Euros. That's why i rarely spent money on books for my studies nowadays.
GreenDamsel: Well we do it once a year for TI, because it's big enough for us to care. We don't watch any other sports.
We did go to a Starcraft tournament once at Gamescom, but aside that it's just something we watch American-style: Background noise while we talk or play cards or whatever.
That doesn't sound too bad. I hope you have a lovely time with your friends.

ElTerprise: Don't push me. :)
The blueprints are looking good but i ran into problem when i tried simulate it....-.-
Okay, I won't push. *goes to get electric cattle prod* :-)

AgentBirdnest: ...
Good morning, Agent!

How are you? Did you manage to get some sleep?

FearfulSymmetry: Hey! *big hug*

Yep, I've had to watch my mother's dogs a lot, and I've been spending quite some time with my sister. I somehow haven't really found the time to be on here much, but I'm sure I'll be back once August ends. :)

I guess I am, although I do feel like my holiday is ending too quickly. :P I do have a lot of literature courses next semester though, and those are my favourite, so that's good. And I'll be starting my first internship as a teacher in the second semester if all goes well.

Oh wow, that's really big news! *enormous happy hug* I'm super happy for you! I'm guessing you're both feeling like the luckiest people in the world right about now? ;) Did you have a lovely event with your family?
I am glad to hear you have been having a nice time with your sister and hopefully enjoying the summer. No worried about not being around here much, it's just nice to know you are okay and enjoying the real world.

Holidays always end too quickly, especially when you have lots of course work and lectures waiting for you once they finish. :-) It's nice that you have some of your favourite courses to look forward to. Your internship sounds fun, will it be hard to find a place to intern?

It was just a small wedding, due to me not really being well enough for much else. We had my family there and my partners sisters (her parents don't know yet, as her mother would have just tried to spoil things). We will be getting a blessing next summer, so we can wear the nice dresses and have a nice outdoor event with our friends and family there and have a nice time.

*big happy hug*
GreenDamsel: The reason why I haven't bought a book since my first semester. Oh how naive I was back then.
I wish I could lob some of the especially huge books at my respective professors' heads. "Why yes, you most definitely need this €70 2700 page book on theory and criticism. And I'm totally going to neglect telling you we'll only use it once." Most expensive paperweight I've ever had, and the one time we did use it I was bored to tears.
ddickinson: Okay, I won't push. *goes to get electric cattle prod* :-)
*gasp*
ElTerprise: *gasp*
No need to worry, we don't even own an cattle prod, so you are safe. Unless I can find one on eBay. :-)

*goes to check eBay for a motivational cattle prod*
ElTerprise: Wow...220 Euros. That's why i rarely spent money on books for my studies nowadays.
It's kind of critical in this case. If I don't read the literature it will be totally noticeable, as there are only 15 people in each class and everything hinges on group discussions. Also, I'll fail my exams. xD

ddickinson: I am glad to hear you have been having a nice time with your sister and hopefully enjoying the summer. No worried about not being around here much, it's just nice to know you are okay and enjoying the real world.

Holidays always end too quickly, especially when you have lots of course work and lectures waiting for you once they finish. :-) It's nice that you have some of your favourite courses to look forward to. Your internship sounds fun, will it be hard to find a place to intern?

It was just a small wedding, due to me not really being well enough for much else. We had my family there and my partners sisters (her parents don't know yet, as her mother would have just tried to spoil things). We will be getting a blessing next summer, so we can wear the nice dresses and have a nice outdoor event with our friends and family there and have a nice time.

*big happy hug*
Yes, I've been having a really good holiday so far! :) No complaints here, and I've still got some nice things planned.

Yep, it's always the same thing. I'll think I have plenty of time and suddenly it's all gone. :) As far as I know right now I won't need to find a place myself, as the university is responsible for finding you a school. It can be hard to find one, though, so I might end up having to travel quite far, or maybe they won't be able to place me for a full internship, which means I won't get any of the money I'm supposed to get for doing it. :P

It sounds very nice all the same, small ceremonies can be lovely too. :) And as you said, you can always have a bigger party when you're feeling better. :D And yay for dresses and having a great time.

*all the hugs*
ddickinson: Good morning, Agent!

How are you? Did you manage to get some sleep?
Morning, D! (I nearly called you "BS", short for "Battle Sister", but that didn't sound very nice ;-))

Yes, I finally did. Spent a long time in a "not quite asleep, but not really awake either" state. I hate that. But, eventually I got some good sleep, even if it wasn't as long as I would have liked.
And I'm doing good so far this morning :-)

*big morning hug*
Post edited August 04, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
GreenDamsel: The reason why I haven't bought a book since my first semester. Oh how naive I was back then.
FearfulSymmetry: I wish I could lob some of the especially huge books at my respective professors' heads. "Why yes, you most definitely need this €70 2700 page book on theory and criticism. And I'm totally going to neglect telling you we'll only use it once." Most expensive paperweight I've ever had, and the one time we did use it I was bored to tears.
Just don't believe what they say.^^
I learned that the assistants writing the tests in the end are just as lazy as I am. They wouldn't read the book. They only read the lecture notes or their own exercise slides.
And thus I bought only 1 book in 5 years of university. Worst 40 Euro I've ever spent. That includes every fine I had to pay until now.
ddickinson: No need to worry, we don't even own an cattle prod, so you are safe. Unless I can find one on eBay. :-)

*goes to check eBay for a motivational cattle prod*
Phew....*hopes there won't be any cattle prod on ebay* :)

FearfulSymmetry: It's kind of critical in this case. If I don't read the literature it will be totally noticeable, as there are only 15 people in each class and everything hinges on group discussions. Also, I'll fail my exams. xD
You're right - well in your case buying books might be necessary :). But for example i also bought some books for the studies recently. Those were nowhere near 220 Euros though :P
FearfulSymmetry: Yes, I've been having a really good holiday so far! :) No complaints here, and I've still got some nice things planned.

Yep, it's always the same thing. I'll think I have plenty of time and suddenly it's all gone. :) As far as I know right now I won't need to find a place myself, as the university is responsible for finding you a school. It can be hard to find one, though, so I might end up having to travel quite far, or maybe they won't be able to place me for a full internship, which means I won't get any of the money I'm supposed to get for doing it. :P

It sounds very nice all the same, small ceremonies can be lovely too. :) And as you said, you can always have a bigger party when you're feeling better. :D And yay for dresses and having a great time.

*all the hugs*
How long do you have left of your holidays before your next semester starts?

I hope you don't get stuck with a school too far away, and hopefully one with some lovely students. What age would you be teaching for your internship? Fingers crossed they find you a placement, for the money and the experience it will give you.

It was a lovely ceremony, especially the custom vows my partner wrote, made me cry. The nice thing about a blessing is we can have it outside. Maybe we could have a slight medieval theme to it, that would be nice, I have seen some very lovely medieval themed wedding dresses. :-)

All the hugs? That would be mean. Here have some back. *half of all the hugs* :-)

AgentBirdnest: Morning, D! (I nearly called you "BS", short for "Battle Sister", but that didn't sound very nice ;-))

Yes, I finally did. Spent a long time in a "not quite asleep, but not really awake either" state. I hate that. But, eventually I got some good sleep, even if it wasn't as long as I would have liked.
And I'm doing good so far this morning :-)

*big morning hug*
Good morning!

Glad to hear you finally got some sleep. I think that definitely deserves a badge. :-)

Do you have anything nice planned for the day?
Attachments:
Post edited August 04, 2015 by ddickinson
GreenDamsel: Just don't believe what they say.^^
I learned that the assistants writing the tests in the end are just as lazy as I am. They wouldn't read the book. They only read the lecture notes or their own exercise slides.
And thus I bought only 1 book in 5 years of university. Worst 40 Euro I've ever spent. That includes every fine I had to pay until now.
Haha. :P Unfortunately that won't work for me. We have small groups, and literature courses typically consist of three hours discussing the book that was set for that week. Which means that the professor can figure it out in about five minutes if you haven't read the book. :P And there's no chance of passing my exams without having read at least the best part of all the books. It's good you managed to get away with it though, saves a lot of money. I could have had a real fancy computer right about now if I'd saved that money ...

ElTerprise: You're right - well in your case buying books might be necessary :). But for example i also bought some books for the studies recently. Those were nowhere near 220 Euros though :P
I blame my course on Scottish literature. Asking for about 7 books of 13-20 euros is not nice. :P The other courses were slightly less bad. The good news is that I'll actually get to read Pratchett for one of my courses - that's what I'm talking about. xD
ElTerprise: Phew....*hopes there won't be any cattle prod on ebay* :)
We are in luck. There seems to be quite a few on eBay. :-)
ddickinson: How long do you have left of your holidays before your next semester starts?

I hope you don't get stuck with a school too far away, and hopefully one with some lovely students. What age would you be teaching for your internship? Fingers crossed they find you a placement, for the money and the experience it will give you.

It was a lovely ceremony, especially the custom vows my partner wrote, made me cry. The nice thing about a blessing is we can have it outside. Maybe we could have a slight medieval theme to it, that would be nice, I have seen some very lovely medieval themed wedding dresses. :-)

All the hugs? That would be mean. Here have some back. *half of all the hugs* :-)
Slightly over three weeks, so I've still got some time to do things, which is good, because my sister and I have a lot planned. And right now I'm temporarily in the possession of my own car, which is pretty awesome, as it's a lot easier to get around now.

There are two different internships, one of about seven weeks at the end of this year, and then a really big one that will take up pretty much all of next year. I've heard that they try to give you different kinds of students, so you might end up with one class of 12-13 year olds and one class of 16-17 year olds. In the end I hope I'll mostly be teaching the upper classes, You need a special certificate to teach exam classes, and as I'm going to get that, I do hope I'll end up actually teaching those classes. :P

That's really sweet, it's so awesome when things come together like that and people are able to express their feelings in that way. :) Oh, the medieval theme sounds really lovely, I just adore those dresses. And corsets. Corsets are awesome. :P It sounds like it will be great, definitely something to look forward to, especially if the weather turns out to be nice.

Haha, all right, we'll share the hugs! *starts throwing hugs from one side to the other*
FearfulSymmetry: I blame my course on Scottish literature. Asking for about 7 books of 13-20 euros is not nice. :P The other courses were slightly less bad. The good news is that I'll actually get to read Pratchett for one of my courses - that's what I'm talking about. xD
Not really :P
That's great :D
(that reminds me to start reading Pratchett as well :D)

ddickinson: We are in luck. There seems to be quite a few on eBay. :-)
.....oh.....i....see....