It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fantasysci5: Hey all! I work part time in a library system, and two full-time positions just opened up! I'm so excited, I hope I have a chance to get them! I really want to save money again for a new computer/go back to England, pay off bills, and my insurance is going to run out from under my parents' at the end of the year. *is excited/hopeful*
From what I've seen locally, full-time positions like that are hard to come by.
Hopefully you'll be able to get one so you can have the financial stability and security to do those things you want to. =)
My external hard drive enclosure came in the mail today. Turns out three out of my four old hard drives are indeed dead, but the one out of my last laptop is a-okay. I was able to get 50 gigs of music off of it, that was hundreds of bucks of legally bought music, no idea how many individual albums, but I'm glad to get them back.

Plus I was able to recover some save games, including one for Divinity 2 that is around 16 hours in, if the dialogue timer log thingymajig is accurate. I'll grab Shadow Warrior 2013's later, I was pretty deep into it when my old laptop went down for the count.
*gets out of bed, pull up a chair, and starts eating peanut butter*
Tired as pluck but can't seem to sleep. The more I try, the more... well, you know how it works. Mind if I join you guys?
AgentBirdnest: *gets out of bed, pull up a chair, and starts eating peanut butter*
Tired as pluck but can't seem to sleep. The more I try, the more... well, you know how it works. Mind if I join you guys?
No, you have to go to some other thread. -laughs- ;)

Sorry you couldn't sleep when you wanted to. That's never a fun time.
NoNewTaleToTell: My external hard drive enclosure came in the mail today. Turns out three out of my four old hard drives are indeed dead, but the one out of my last laptop is a-okay. I was able to get 50 gigs of music off of it, that was hundreds of bucks of legally bought music, no idea how many individual albums, but I'm glad to get them back.

Plus I was able to recover some save games, including one for Divinity 2 that is around 16 hours in, if the dialogue timer log thingymajig is accurate. I'll grab Shadow Warrior 2013's later, I was pretty deep into it when my old laptop went down for the count.
Sucks that so many of your hard drives were fried, but at least you were able to salvage some stuff.

Also, Shadow Warrior's pretty good, hopefully you'll be able to pick up where you left off.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: No, you have to go to some other thread. -laughs- ;)

Only have two other threads in my favourites.
- "Draw and Guess the game!" which is usually dead these days, and it doesn't matter because I'm bad at guessing and drawing ;-)
- And "Games finished in 2015", which I occasionally visit to add to my very humble list. I play everything, but am not that great at actually finishing many games.

Guess I shouldn't be complaining. My sleep has really been improving the last couple weeks. A bad night here and there isn't too bad compared to a couple months ago.
I'm guessing it's antibiotics bothering me tonight. Always gives me grief when I take them, just like any other pill. I'm a good example of Murphy's Law when it comes to drugs :-p
CarrionCrow: No, you have to go to some other thread. -laughs- ;)

AgentBirdnest: Only have two other threads in my favourites.
- "Draw and Guess the game!" which is usually dead these days, and it doesn't matter because I'm bad at guessing and drawing ;-)
- And "Games finished in 2015", which I occasionally visit to add to my very humble list. I play everything, but am not that great at actually finishing many games.

Guess I shouldn't be complaining. My sleep has really been improving the last couple weeks. A bad night here and there isn't too bad compared to a couple months ago.
I'm guessing it's antibiotics bothering me tonight. Always gives me grief when I take them, just like any other pill. I'm a good example of Murphy's Law when it comes to drugs :-p
Not a bad idea. I venture out a bit, have fun, but ultimately it's all pointless.

Your sensitivity level must be extremely high. I know some antibiotics can knock a person for a loop, make them feel sick, but I haven't heard of a person who gets messed up taking anything at all.
CarrionCrow: Not a bad idea. I venture out a bit, have fun, but ultimately it's all pointless.

Your sensitivity level must be extremely high. I know some antibiotics can knock a person for a loop, make them feel sick, but I haven't heard of a person who gets messed up taking anything at all.
My docs have called me an anomaly, a walking paradox, and told me I have "the most confusing brain" they have ever seen :-p I stumbled on a list the other day of all the meds I've taken and how they made me feel. Almost every single one says "threw up" and "couldn't sleep" next to it, and too many that say "hallucinated".
Always had a sensitive stomach. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do about that.

Question for anyone - Does anyone who doesn't smoke weed like Phish? Or am I alone on that one? :-)
Post edited August 04, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: My docs have called me an anomaly, a walking paradox, and told me I have "the most confusing brain" they have ever seen :-p I stumbled on a list the other day of all the meds I've taken and how they made me feel. Almost every single one says "threw up" and "couldn't sleep" next to it, and too many that say "hallucinated".
Always had a sensitive stomach. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do about that.

Question for anyone - Does anyone who doesn't smoke weed like Phish? Or am I alone on that one? :-)
It sounds like even small doses are too potent for you. Can definitely see why you're not big on pills. Who the hell wants to be nauseated, sleepless and seeing things?

I don't smoke weed and any time I've heard a snippet of Phish I switched it to something else.
Drug usage might be what makes their appeal in general.
CarrionCrow: It sounds like even small doses are too potent for you. Can definitely see why you're not big on pills. Who the hell wants to be nauseated, sleepless and seeing things?

I don't smoke weed and any time I've heard a snippet of Phish I switched it to something else.
Drug usage might be what makes their appeal in general.
Getting used to the nausea at least. It's been around since I was a kid, even without drugs. The only thing that ever helped it causes me to hallucinate, which is not a trade I'm willing to make. Thankfully, nausea is easier to deal with these days, but it is still fun to b*tch about sometimes :-) Can't be quiet about it 24/7.

It's music by stoners for stoners... A lot of their stuff is just hour-long jams, and I get why that doesn't appeal to most people. I like their actual written songs though. Usually pretty effective at putting me to sleep :-p

Looks like I'm finally drifting off. See ya later Crow, and anyone else who is reading :-)
AgentBirdnest: Getting used to the nausea at least. It's been around since I was a kid, even without drugs. The only thing that ever helped it causes me to hallucinate, which is not a trade I'm willing to make. Thankfully, nausea is easier to deal with these days, but it is still fun to b*tch about sometimes :-) Can't be quiet about it 24/7.

It's music by stoners for stoners... A lot of their stuff is just hour-long jams, and I get why that doesn't appeal to most people. I like their actual written songs though. Usually pretty effective at putting me to sleep :-p

Looks like I'm finally drifting off. See ya later Crow, and anyone else who is reading :-)
Have a good night, sleep well. =)
CarrionCrow:
AgentBirdnest: Getting used to the nausea at least. It's been around since I was a kid, even without drugs. The only thing that ever helped it causes me to hallucinate, which is not a trade I'm willing to make. Thankfully, nausea is easier to deal with these days, but it is still fun to b*tch about sometimes :-) Can't be quiet about it 24/7.

I hope you get some relief from the nausea. I've only been dealing with it for the past six years, I can't even imagine a lifetime of it. Yeesh.

I think Phish is decent, and really liked them at one time (went to a couple Halloween shows,) but due to my own nausea issues, I don't qualify as part of the target audience for your question. ;)

Good night!

And to all others, good evening! And likely good night as well, if I get a sleep window anytime soon. All of me is ready for sleep, save for my thinking parts. ;)
NoNewTaleToTell: My external hard drive enclosure came in the mail today. Turns out three out of my four old hard drives are indeed dead, but the one out of my last laptop is a-okay. I was able to get 50 gigs of music off of it, that was hundreds of bucks of legally bought music, no idea how many individual albums, but I'm glad to get them back.

That sounds miserable. Sorry to hear about the dead hard drives, especially if it means losing part of your music collection. I hope you didn't lose any of your own music.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by akhliber
akhliber: And to all others, good evening! And likely good night as well, if I get a sleep window anytime soon. All of me is ready for sleep, save for my thinking parts. ;)
Good evening. =)

Looking for a weak spot in mania, sounds like. Good luck to you with that.
I'm gonna have to share some screenshots of Freespace 2 Open with you folks later =)

(with the Enhanced MediaVPS mod the graphics look a lot nicer)
akhliber:
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Looking for a weak spot in mania, sounds like. Good luck to you with that.
Hello there! And yes, precisely. I've started blinking occasionally again, so that's a good sign that I just may settle down a bit soon. :)

BillyMaysFan59: I'm gonna have to share some screenshots of Freespace 2 Open with you folks later =)

(with the Enhanced MediaVPS mod the graphics look a lot nicer)
I've always been mostly afraid of space exploration / strategy games and such for some reason. However I recently started playing around a bit with Space Rangers HD, and I'm really liking it.

Hello, by the way :)
Post edited August 04, 2015 by akhliber
akhliber: I've always been mostly afraid of space exploration / strategy games and such for some reason. However I recently started playing around a bit with Space Rangers HD, and I'm really liking it.

Hello, by the way :)
*waves* =)