It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: Really tired. So if I stop responding here I fell asleep on my sofa :P
How about you? Did you have a nice weekend?
Oh...do not stop posting then :)
BUt i'm also pretty tired because i was playing Tech support for my family the entire weekend.
Crewdroog: the history of the lobotomy and the procedure are fascinating!
Indeed. I didn't spend too much time reading, but what I read was... disturbingly fascinating :-\

Ah... I'm remembering my trail now...
Random ad for an article on the side of a webpage -> List of US presidents by wealth -> Search for "Frost/Nixon interviews" (the massive fee he was paid contributed to his wealth) -> 1960 debate -> Kennedy Family -> Rosemary Kennedy -> ... well, I already said what topic I ended with :'-/
AgentBirdnest: Just spent about 4 hours completely lost on youtube and wikipedia. I don't have the slightest clue where I started, but ended watching the 1960 US presidential debate and reading about lobotomies. Win :-)

Evenoon, everyone! *tips helmet*
I go through this process almost daily. Never know where I began, never end in the same place (or in one that makes a damn bit of sense.)
:)
ElTerprise: Oh...do not stop posting then :)
BUt i'm also pretty tired because i was playing Tech support for my family the entire weekend.
*energizing hug*
... unless you don't want energy... then take your pick between that and a *relaxing hug*
;-)
akhliber: I go through this process almost daily. Never know where I began, never end in the same place (or in one that makes a damn bit of sense.)
:)
I want to try writing down my internet journey someday to see how far I can branch off in one sitting.
Then again, if I paid attention to where I was going, I probably wouldn't get very far :-p
Post edited August 02, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: *energizing hug*
... unless you don't want energy... then take your pick between that and a *relaxing hug*
;-)
*big thank you for the energizing hug*
Thanks some energy would be good after setting up two pcs and salvaging a third one :)
How are you doing?
ElTerprise: *big thank you for the energizing hug*
Thanks some energy would be good after setting up two pcs and salvaging a third one :)
How are you doing?
Hopefully that went well, and things are working as planned.
I'm tired too... Woke up a few hours early and was not able to go back to sleep. Doing good otherwise though.
akhliber:
AgentBirdnest: I want to try writing down my internet journey someday to see how far I can branch off in one sitting.
Then again, if I paid attention to where I was going, I probably wouldn't get very far :-p
This would be a fun experiment. Awareness of the process (and paying attention to the tangents) would likely spoil the results, but there's got to be a halfway decent way to do this. I've considered doing something like writing down wherever I start on the day's path of internet tangents, just so I can then follow the chain link by link by way of my internet history at the end of the day, but I'm far too lazy to actually do that in practice.
I'd consider running some desktop recording software one day, but with my luck, that would be the day I decided to look up a million incredibly embarrassing things and then proceeded to die on the toilet or something. ;)

CarrionCrow:
Crewdroog: i was JUST looking at Victor Vran, how do you like it? I love hack and slash games.
I'm loving Victor Vran so far, but I didn't think I was going to like it when I first started playing. The save system is strange, but works well once you understand it (at first, I was pulled away from playing a couple times in the first dungeon, and upon re-opening the game I'd be back at the very beginning... so until I got to the "hub" I just thought the save system was non-existent or just god-awful.)
I'm playing it with a gamepad and it handles beautifully. I haven't played a hack and slash game with a gamepad since Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2, I think. It feels good. I'm particularly excited about the recent addition via patch of local co-op, as I think this is one my wife and I will have a lot of fun with together.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by akhliber
Good day, my lovely friends~! I have a quest today!

I popped in to Steam Gifts today, and saw this post and this reply to a suggestion, and thought, "Hey, I know some people who just might have a Witcher 1 and/or 2 code lying around!"

I've checked, and s/he is not tied to Steam, so if any of you have a spare code lying around, I'd be happy to pass it on to someone who could really use it right about now ^__^
AgentBirdnest: Hopefully that went well, and things are working as planned.
I'm tired too... Woke up a few hours early and was not able to go back to sleep. Doing good otherwise though.
Glad to hear that - aside from the tiredness of course :)

Well currently everythings is working - let's hope it stays that way :)
Crewdroog: i was JUST looking at Victor Vran, how do you like it? I love hack and slash games.
akhliber: I'm loving Victor Vran so far, but I didn't think I was going to like it when I first started playing. The save system is strange, but works well once you understand it (at first, I was pulled away from playing a couple times in the first dungeon, and upon re-opening the game I'd be back at the very beginning... so until I got to the "hub" I just thought the save system was non-existent or just god-awful.)
I'm playing it with a gamepad and it handles beautifully. I haven't played a hack and slash game with a gamepad since Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2, I think. It feels good. I'm particularly excited about the recent addition via patch of local co-op, as I think this is one my wife and I will have a lot of fun with together.
Thanks for the input! haha, ah save hubs, so much fun... I have been playing waaay to many console games and feel like I have become stupid at playing with a mouse and keyboard, so I'm trying to stay away from using a controller, but good to know if I need to I can use one and it's not god-awful ;) That's awesome you have a partner that games, the family that plays together, stays together!
akhliber: I'd consider running some desktop recording software one day, but with my luck, that would be the day I decided to look up a million incredibly embarrassing things and then proceeded to die on the toilet or something. ;)
LOL... I guess that is the only reason we have the tiniest amount of self-control. Fear of doing something embarrassing and dying on the toilet. If it weren't for that possibility, I would have no limits n__n
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that - aside from the tiredness of course :)

Well currently everythings is working - let's hope it stays that way :)
Well, luckily there is a really pleasant cure for tiredness. Hot chocolate (yes, I know it is summer, and I don't care), a cozy blanket (again, don't care), and reading until I fall asleep. I'm no longer tired if I'm asleep ;-)
AgentBirdnest: LOL... I guess that is the only reason we have the tiniest amount of self-control. Fear of doing something embarrassing and dying on the toilet. If it weren't for that possibility, I would have no limits n__n
Well, luckily there is a really pleasant cure for tiredness. Hot chocolate (yes, I know it is summer, and I don't care), a cozy blanket (again, don't care), and reading until I fall asleep. I'm no longer tired if I'm asleep ;-)
Hmm.. hot chocolate is awesome every time of the year and that's a great logic ;)
Sometimes it's okay to face an enemy in a game that you can't beat right off the bat and I appreciate games that have such enemies.

In The Mount & Blade Warband overhaul mod Prophesy of Pendor I've spent maybe two hours with my current character. In those two hours I've managed to get her equipped with a good sword, a great shield, useful mid-level armor, and a lower end crossbow, she already has a decent horse. With her current skills and items she can comfortably single handily take on small bands of low tier enemies.

Well on the hunt for a pack of troublesome bandits I noticed a band of 3 outlaw knights, however only 1 was healthy enough to fight. I thought to myself "with tactics it should be an easy fight". I was wrong. Very wrong. The knight is equipped with high level armor, high level weapons a top of the line shield, and his horse is also armored and upper level.

Tactics and generally trying to use the terrain to my advantage was completely useless. No matter what I tried I just couldn't overcome his superior equipment (and it wasn't even close). After trying to fight him several times I eventually settled on fleeing with my tail between my legs.

In a level scaled game I wouldn't have had that experience, the knight might've been tough but I would've won. Thanks to the lack of level scaling I know have something extra to look forward in the game, getting good enough equipment so that I can eventually triumph over that knight.
NoNewTaleToTell: Sometimes it's okay to face an enemy in a game that you can't beat right off the bat and I appreciate games that have such enemies.

In The Mount & Blade Warband overhaul mod Prophesy of Pendor I've spent maybe two hours with my current character. In those two hours I've managed to get her equipped with a good sword, a great shield, useful mid-level armor, and a lower end crossbow, she already has a decent horse. With her current skills and items she can comfortably single handily take on small bands of low tier enemies.

Well on the hunt for a pack of troublesome bandits I noticed a band of 3 outlaw knights, however only 1 was healthy enough to fight. I thought to myself "with tactics it should be an easy fight". I was wrong. Very wrong. The knight is equipped with high level armor, high level weapons a top of the line shield, and his horse is also armored and upper level.

Tactics and generally trying to use the terrain to my advantage was completely useless. No matter what I tried I just couldn't overcome his superior equipment (and it wasn't even close). After trying to fight him several times I eventually settled on fleeing with my tail between my legs.

In a level scaled game I wouldn't have had that experience, the knight might've been tough but I would've won. Thanks to the lack of level scaling I know have something extra to look forward in the game, getting good enough equipment so that I can eventually triumph over that knight.
If the difficulty scales all the time, it takes away both the highs and the lows of the experience.
If a player gets their teeth kicked in, that makes eventual victory that much better. (So long as the designers make that victory attainable.)
Hot outside?
I just made air-popped popcorn by going out side and throwing a handful of kernels in the air.
Mmmm, light and fluffy.