It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: Speaking of the urge to buy stuff, is Venetica Gold Edition any good?
Venetica is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of game. There are a few bad design decisions (to progress early in the game, you have to kill a flying creature out of your melee reach, but this requires taking a certain skill when leveling up, and if you don't then you have to run around grinding random enemies), but those who fall for it tend to fall hard. It's one of my all-time favorites despite being a bit rough around the edges.

The world isn't overwhelmingly large, but it's more memorable than in most open-world games.
ZenWan: No-one on line now, so I'll be on my way.

Hope everyone is well and that life is treating you kindly.

'What have I always believed?
That on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out all right.'
Terry Pratchett

Pretty much what I've always believed, I really hope it's true....
Good morning. =)

Doing all right here. Watching some videos, having a laugh, enjoying the weather when it isn't trying to broil me to death.
Hopefully your stress levels aren't getting you down too severely.
You mentioning that you're slowly losing your sanity is a good sign, I think. If you'd gone completely insane, you'd probably be preoccupied with that.

That's an optimistic viewpoint, a good one to have.
It sure is grey in here :-p
AgentBirdnest: It sure is grey in here :-p
Hello Agent BirdNest hope you are well :)
cecil: Hello Agent BirdNest hope you are well :)
Indeed I am, thanks. Hope you are too :-)
Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*
NoNewTaleToTell: Speaking of the urge to buy stuff, is Venetica Gold Edition any good?
227: Venetica is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of game. There are a few bad design decisions (to progress early in the game, you have to kill a flying creature out of your melee reach, but this requires taking a certain skill when leveling up, and if you don't then you have to run around grinding random enemies), but those who fall for it tend to fall hard. It's one of my all-time favorites despite being a bit rough around the edges.

The world isn't overwhelmingly large, but it's more memorable than in most open-world games.
Thanks for the review!

CarrionCrow mentioned seeing people talking about bugs and that it's not really "open world", any thoughts on that? Well, to be fair I'm probably picking it up either way, it's only a buck and a half and I've been known to like games that have been deemed "mediocre" by a lot of folks.

I actually have tried the demo for the original version, it was in German and I quickly learned that my German was a bit too rusty to make it through the demo, though I managed to get through part of it.

Anyway, hello conversationalists, how are you? I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea, a mix between Chai Spice and Spearmint.
NoNewTaleToTell: CarrionCrow mentioned seeing people talking about bugs and that it's not really "open world", any thoughts on that?
I've played through something like 3-4 times with the biggest bug being a gondola oar floating in air without a gondolier holding it, but some people have had crashing problems. Fortunately, you can save at pretty much any time, and the game autosaves during some area transitions. It also runs worse than you'd probably expect given its relatively modest graphics, especially in certain areas of the city, but technology has caught up to where that's barely even a side note anymore unless you plan on running it on an older laptop.

And it's definitely open-world, but an open world broken up into smaller pieces by loading screens similar to how things work in the first Witcher game; the city that most of the game takes place in is broken up into the outer city, the inner city, the docks, etcetera. That said, there aren't many interesting sidequests to pursue (in my opinion), and the story pushes you into catacombs and similarly linear areas a lot of the time, so I can see how people could draw that conclusion. Basically, it's open-world, but a large part of the game is designed the way a more linear game would be despite giving you the freedom to run around aimlessly between missions. I think it suits the game and keeps it from feeling padded out, but like I said, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of deal.
This is going to come off as trolling or spamming, but what is the correct order of the Divinity series? Anyone here play them?
tinyE: This is going to come off as trolling or spamming, but what is the correct order of the Divinity series? Anyone here play them?
I THINK in the chronology of the world, Original Sin comes first. Then it's Divinity and Divinity 2. Divinity 2 is the only one I played (and really loved!) and did so on the console. The "end" of Divinity 2 is a bit unsatisfying, and the story is immediately taken up by the expansion to that game (which I think is included in the GoG release?).

Also, why would that be a trolling question?
tinyE: This is going to come off as trolling or spamming, but what is the correct order of the Divinity series? Anyone here play them?
By release date or by continuity?

If by release date then
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Divinity II
Divinity: Original Sin

By continuity, I'm not sure to be honest.

Edit: and Ixamyakxim has the story continuity down as far as I know.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: By release date or by continuity?

If by release date then
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Divinity II

Yeah and thanks. I've played the 1st two dozens of time but never had a )C good enough to run the others, until now, or at least until it gets here. :P
Post edited August 02, 2015 by tinyE
tinyE: Yeah and thanks. I've played the 1st two dozens of time but never had a )C good enough to run the others, until now, or at least until it gets here. :P
Ooooh fun times you're getting it! I remember when I got back into PC gaming - so much fun to go back over all the great games I had wanted to play but missed.

So, whatcha get whatcha get???
NoNewTaleToTell: By release date or by continuity?

If by release date then
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Divinity II

tinyE: Yeah and thanks. I've played the 1st two dozens of time but never had a )C good enough to run the others, until now, or at least until it gets here. :P
Dragon Commander is the last in continuity afaik. It plays long after all dragons died.
Ixamyakxim: Ooooh fun times you're getting it! I remember when I got back into PC gaming - so much fun to go back over all the great games I had wanted to play but missed.

So, whatcha get whatcha get???
Nothing right now. XD I have a shit load of games in here I could never play because of specs, but now I can. The first Witcher, Gothic 3, NWN 2, Shadow Warrior. I'm also going to reinstall Oblivion GOTY and see how it plays with a draw distance greater than one foot. :P Oh and Loki; looking really forward to that