It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*good night hugs and waves*
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Ah, Max Payne...Probably my all-time favorite series from Rockstar. I even liked 3, despite some incredibly crappy gameplay at times.
It's only the first one, but it's great fun; I honestly sniggered at a few very dry comments from Max. And it's bit of a challenge, but with anytime-you-wish quicksaving I don't mind that at all :)

My first 3 ever video games were Dark Forces II, Return to castle Wolfenstein and the first-and-best Unreal.

Well, before those it was The dutch Freddy fish, Spy fox and Pajama sam, but I don't know if those really count (in a manner they do I guess). And after the above my dad asked me wether I would like something a bit different? And when I said yes he installed Myth II: Soulblighter on the pc >:) you gotta love the dwarves ...

I wonder, what were your first serious games (with you being member of an older generation)?

moonshineshadow: *good night hugs and waves*
Good night, sleep and dream well!! *goodnight hug*
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Vnlr
Vnlr: It's only the first one, but it's great fun; I honestly sniggered at a few very dry comments from Max. And it's bit of a challenge, but with anytime-you-wish quicksaving I don't mind that at all :)

My first 3 ever video games were Dark Forces II, Return to castle Wolfenstein and the first-and-best Unreal.

Well, before those it was The dutch Freddy fish, Spy fox and Pajama sam, but I don't know if those really count (in a manner they do I guess). And after the above my dad asked me wether I would like something a bit different? And when I said yes he installed Myth II: Soulblighter on the pc >:) you gotta love the dwarves ...

I wonder, what were your first serious games (with you being member of an older generation)?
Yes, that's part of the appeal for me. Max has an intensely dark sense of humor, and the rest of the world does as well.

Can't remember what I played first. It's been a while. I do remember playing things like Mechforce and Eye of the Beholder on an Amiga, that's probably as far back as it goes for me.

Additional - Holy fucking shit, it's confirmed that Battletech is coming back, and Harebrained Schemes is making it.
That will be the first Kickstarter game I'm going to be backing.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by CarrionCrow
ddickinson: No worries. I only popped in in case people wondered why I was away for a few days and to say that if I was away for the rest of the week it was just me enjoying the time with my partner and not because of anything bad.

I have another scan appointment just to double check. Even it if is a little worse it should not be permanent, it will just mean a little longer to heal.

I can see many people are excited about the new releases. I guess they hold a lot of nostalgia for many people, so it's great to have them on GOG.
Sorry didn't see the reply earlier - due to Terraria :)
Well it was really nice to hear from you :)

I hope that scan will show better results - even when the damage isn't permanent.

Yes. I definitely am because of Anno. But many other mostly because of Albion. And it's really great to have those games here :)
I'm interested in becoming a pall bearer for this thread's funeral :P
BillyMaysFan59: I'm interested in becoming a pall bearer for this thread's funeral :P
Oh, it's still alive, more or less. ;)

Just haven't mastered the ability to multitask typing here while playing a game.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by CarrionCrow
"wanders in through door"

Hey everybody
CarrionCrow: Oh, it's still alive, more or less. ;)

Just haven't mastered the ability to multitask typing here while playing a game.
Guess nobody has =)
CarrionCrow: Oh, it's still alive, more or less. ;)

BillyMaysFan59: Guess nobody has =)
Maybe with two more arms and another head, it'd be doable.
LesterKnight99: "wanders in through door"

Hey everybody
Lester,you got a new face:-)
LesterKnight99: "wanders in through door"

Hey everybody
gunsynd: Lester,you got a new face:-)
I dub it "The Cheerful Soul-Eater" XD
gunsynd: Lester,you got a new face:-)
LesterKnight99: I dub it "The Cheerful Soul-Eater" XD
I like it.:-)
akhliber:
Ixamyakxim: Sounds like a ton of fun! Love hearing the puppy progress ;) My guy isn't so big into fetch (he gets in the mood for it once in a while and he'll let me know LOL - but during the humid late summer he's much more a fan of "basking" outside than playing ;) ).
CarrionCrow:
Ixamyakxim:
Sarge absolutely loves to bask in the sun. And to roll around in smelly things. :)

I hope all are well! I'm assuming most are asleep. Hugs and waves for all!

edit: and since folks are sleeping now, here's a little sleepy-time music to fit the mood:
Lowercase Noises - "Stars Pt. 2"
Post edited July 30, 2015 by akhliber
Hi everyone, I wouldn't think that a lull of a few hours constitutes the end of the thread, so I won't offer my services as pallbearer. ;-D
Besides, it's too hot.

Hope the Terraria co-op game evening went well and a good time was had by all. I haven't played it yet, no time, but it sounds like a lot of fun, even though I normally don't like platformers.

GOG has released some great games lately - I have one of the early Anno games in a boxed set, but I can't for the life of me remember which one, and they are all packed. I love games like that.
Either way I prefer to own them on GOG as they have usually adjusted for later versions of Windows etc. Torn between that and Albion, but I'll force myself to wait for the sales.

CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

............... Speaking of, need to wipe out Sleeping Dogs today so I can get back to Victor Vran and the punishment of hard mode. -laughs-

Thinking about it. My internet was too slow previously, fairly certain any streaming I did would've ended up like crap.
But with an upgrade, I need to get back to checking out microphones.
How about a stream of you playing Viktor Vran? It seems such an interesting and exciting game, and I'm sure people would enjoy your comments. Would suggest starting off sober, though. ;-)

Hope you are sleeping well, and that you have a good day when you wake.
ddickinson: Well, I will be off. I am not sure how often I will be online this week, but it will just be due to me enjoying some lovely time with my partner, not because of anything serious or bad. So no need to worry. But if you don't see me for a week then send out the search dogs. :-)
Hi DD, hope you have a wonderful time, healing, relaxing and enjoying being spoiled, which you really deserve, and that the surprise makes you really happy.

akhliber: Sarge absolutely loves to bask in the sun. And to roll around in smelly things. :)

I hope all are well! I'm assuming most are asleep. Hugs and waves for all!

edit: and since folks are sleeping now, here's a little sleepy-time music to fit the mood:
Lowercase Noises - "Stars Pt. 2"
Hi akhliber, thanks for the peaceful music, much appreciated. :-)

Hope you are all three doing well.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by ZenWan