It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What a bad day to be Hulk Hogan.
moonshineshadow: *big hug* Yeah it went quite ok, I don't need to do anything this weekend *yeah for me*

It has some gog exclusive bonus that you can online activate while logging into your gog account when starting the game *however this exactly works*
ddickinson: That is great news! Yay for Moon having a free weekend!

But not so good news about GOG allowing DRM yet again. It seems to be a worrying phase at the moment.
Pretty sure this is another case of "I don't understand this so I think I'll start screaming about DRM".
The reviews are already getting raped just like Aow3's did.
Sure doesn't sound like DRM to me, having to be logged in to GOG to redeem a GOG key?
Phooey.

EBToriginal: What a bad day to be Hulk Hogan.
Career ruined over slip in 'political correctness'?
It's the in thing.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Sure doesn't sound like DRM to me, having to be logged in to GOG to redeem a GOG key?
Phooey.
It seems a bit more complex. Because you start the game. And ingame you login with your gog account to unlock this bonus stuff.
EndreWhiteMane: Sure doesn't sound like DRM to me, having to be logged in to GOG to redeem a GOG key?
Phooey.
moonshineshadow: It seems a bit more complex. Because you start the game. And ingame you login with your gog account to unlock this bonus stuff.
But you only have to do that once.
EndreWhiteMane: Pretty sure this is another case of "I don't understand this so I think I'll start screaming about DRM".
Sure doesn't sound like DRM to me, having to be logged in to GOG to redeem a GOG key?
Phooey.
While I would not really call it DRM, I can understand some people worrying and complaining about single player features that require an internet connection for verification. Some people are worried this is how DRM on GOG will start, little small things before some big "Good News" announcement about having to have a game with DRM in order to get it here, just as they did with regional pricing and things like that.

What was wrong with the AOW3 reviews? Was that the first game with regional pricing?
ddickinson: Here, use this old jar that used to have Agent's peanut butter in it. Trap the blob until he stops noming on you. :-)

*passes Owl a big glass jar*
Thanks !!! ,',,',',,'>:-|
ddickinson: While I would not really call it DRM, I can understand some people worrying and complaining about single player features that require an internet connection for verification. Some people are worried this is how DRM on GOG will start, little small things before some big "Good News" announcement about having to have a game with DRM in order to get it here, just as they did with regional pricing and things like that.

What was wrong with the AOW3 reviews? Was that the first game with regional pricing?
That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'm not outraged or anything, but I'm still concerned, and I hope this doesn't become full time DRM.
l0rdtr3k:
**Nimbly trap the nomming blob in the big empty jar which smells like peanut butter** ):-| .....Na !!
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
EndreWhiteMane: Pretty sure this is another case of "I don't understand this so I think I'll start screaming about DRM".
Phooey.
ddickinson: While I would not really call it DRM, I can understand some people worrying and complaining about single player features that require an internet connection for verification. Some people are worried this is how DRM on GOG will start, little small things before some big "Good News" announcement about having to have a game with DRM in order to get it here, just as they did with regional pricing and things like that.

You only have to go online and enter the key once, just like redeeming a gift.
AoW3 lost all kinds of rep because of 'alleged DRM'.
moonshineshadow: It seems a bit more complex. Because you start the game. And ingame you login with your gog account to unlock this bonus stuff.
EndreWhiteMane: But you only have to do that once.
Yep. But I can understand why people see this as DRM, since it is an ingame online activation.

What I find more interesting is that the descriptions says:
"For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key!"

So it is one-time-use? If my computer screws up and I need to re-install the game, does that mean you can not get the items anymore? That would really frustrate me :D
Phooey.

Career ruined over slip in 'political correctness'?
It's the in thing.
I concur.

Looks more like a "confirm purchase, get some nifty unlockables" thing than any real DRM.

The rage and butthurt, though they're delicious.
----
That's why I always am politically incorrect. Saves a lot of trouble.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by j0ekerr
AgentBirdnest: Nooooooooo........ I should have seen that coming! >__<

*sits in the oubliette until someone rescues me, because I'm a total wuss* :-p
**Drop down a rope for my Agent**
I hope you made some progress in climbing a rope, since last time... :-)
moonshineshadow: Good thing I just came home *flies to rescue Agent* Somehow this is turning into a regular thing ;-)
Ho, good, I didn't see you already rescued him...
Too bad, I won't be able to know if he has trained on rope climbing....
Thanks, Moon the Rescuer !!
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
moonshineshadow: Yep. But I can understand why people see this as DRM, since it is an ingame online activation.

What I find more interesting is that the descriptions says:
"For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key!"

So it is one-time-use? If my computer screws up and I need to re-install the game, does that mean you can not get the items anymore? That would really frustrate me :D
I think it's more like you can use that only once in-game - similar to special Items in MMOs...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
BillyMaysFan59: Just learned that the newly released Victor Vram (GOG) has some sort of DRM in it. Pretty disturbing, hope GOG properly resolves that issue some time.
Again ??? >:-| .....
BillyMaysFan59: That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'm not outraged or anything, but I'm still concerned, and I hope this doesn't become full time DRM.
I hope that is what a lot of the frustration is over, people being worried about the bigger picture and not just one incident of exclusive content requiring the internet and using that as an excuse to be hostile to each other. While it's bad, it's not a game breaking element, but I can understand people being concerned about more DRM coming to GOG.

EndreWhiteMane: You only have to go online and enter the key once, just like redeeming a gift.
AoW3 lost all kinds of rep because of 'alleged DRM'.
I know, it's not really a big deal for me, I was just saying what many have said before. I did not know AoW 3 had alleged DRM, but then I don't really follow these things.

Do you like the look of the new game?

moonshineshadow: So it is one-time-use? If my computer screws up and I need to re-install the game, does that mean you can not get the items anymore? That would really frustrate me :D
I think it is one time only. Once it has been used that is it, gone forever. At least that is what some are saying in the release thread.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ddickinson