It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have to say this VV release thread is really entertaining :D
moonshineshadow: Yep. But I can understand why people see this as DRM, since it is an ingame online activation.

What I find more interesting is that the descriptions says:
"For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key!"

So it is one-time-use? If my computer screws up and I need to re-install the game, does that mean you can not get the items anymore? That would really frustrate me :D
ElTerprise: I think it's more like you can use that only once in-game - similar to special Items in MMOs...
It's the term 'one-time-use" that's in question. I think I'll wait and see exactly what it means before I clutter the game reviews with harsh words. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: It's the term 'one-time-use" that's in question. I think I'll wait and see exactly what it means before I clutter the game reviews with harsh words. :-)
Well that's the way i understand one-time-use. But i'd also like to have a statement from the Blues. I'm actually quite interested in that game...
EndreWhiteMane: You only have to go online and enter the key once, just like redeeming a gift.
AoW3 lost all kinds of rep because of 'alleged DRM'.
ddickinson: I know, it's not really a big deal for me, I was just saying what many have said before. I did not know AoW 3 had alleged DRM, but then I don't really follow these things.

Do you like the look of the new game?
Much to 'actiony' for my reflexes but appears to be very well done.
Reminds me a lot of the Witcher games.
moonshineshadow: I have to say this VV release thread is really entertaining :D
Can't deny that =)

-----------

Again, in my own defense, I'm mainly concerned about the big picture, that being GOG could potentially find themselves in the DRM swamp. I'm not completely outraged, nor am I necessarily upset just over this one release, I'm just hoping this doesn't eventually *evolve* into full-blown DRM on this service.. If GOG resolves this issue in some way then I'm cool with it. ;)

Sorry if it seemed that I was among those who were "outraged". To say I'm concerned about the big picture would be more accurate.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
Anyway, to change the subject and not drag all the DRM free drama in here. Red Pandas. So much better than regular Pandas. :-)

http://rateeveryanimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/hi-red-panda.jpg
EndreWhiteMane: It's the term 'one-time-use" that's in question. I think I'll wait and see exactly what it means before I clutter the game reviews with harsh words. :-)
ElTerprise: Well that's the way i understand one-time-use. But i'd also like to have a statement from the Blues. I'm actually quite interested in that game...
Yes, some clarification as to whether it's only HAVE to do it once in a new install or only CAN do it once.
Either way it's not DRM.
EndreWhiteMane: Much to 'actiony' for my reflexes but appears to be very well done.
Reminds me a lot of the Witcher games.
I can understand that, they did highlight that it put the action in ARPG. :-)
ddickinson: Anyway, to change the subject and not drag all the DRM free drama in here. Red Pandas. So much better than regular Pandas. :-)

http://rateeveryanimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/hi-red-panda.jpg
Cute <3

Another way to change the subject, if one should prefer it....

Some Canadian comedy :D
ElTerprise: Well that's the way i understand one-time-use. But i'd also like to have a statement from the Blues. I'm actually quite interested in that game...
EndreWhiteMane: Yes, some clarification as to whether it's only HAVE to do it once in a new install or only CAN do it once.
Either way it's not DRM.
Yep that would be good.
What I am curious about is, did the devs of the game make some cooperation with gog to connect to the gog servers to check your account?
Because I am always a bit sensitive if I should put in account information to something that is not directly connected.

But this is just curious speculation, not going to get the game anyway because it is not my type of game :D
EndreWhiteMane: Yes, some clarification as to whether it's only HAVE to do it once in a new install or only CAN do it once.
Either way it's not DRM.
No it's not. I think many people use the word DRM without knowing what it actually means.
That treasure key sounds more like cheat code or something because apparently it's possible to get those items in-game without this key.
EndreWhiteMane: Either way it's not DRM.
ElTerprise: No it's not. I think many people use the word DRM without knowing what it actually means.
That reminds me about a post that was saying that the code wheels from the old Monkey Island games are a really bad DRM :D
Post edited July 24, 2015 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: Yep that would be good.
What I am curious about is, did the devs of the game make some cooperation with gog to connect to the gog servers to check your account?
Because I am always a bit sensitive if I should put in account information to something that is not directly connected.
If the one-time use i actually a 'you-only-have-do-that-once' rather than a 'you-only-can-do-that-once' that sounds a possible way to redeem the code....
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing well today.
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing well today.
Morning, this needs more butter. ;)