It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Good evenoon, everyone!

All the cool kids are here \o/
:-)
*welcome hug*
ddickinson: Awww, don't go. I am sure you can stay. Here put on those cool 1980s sun glasses. :-)
I already have.

I'm so rad!
Post edited July 24, 2015 by j0ekerr
Just a quick question for anyone who has seen The Dark Crystal. How exactly is the new game, Feist, reminiscent of The Dark Crystal? I have looked at the screenshots and trailer and no part of it really reminds me of The Dark Crystal. Maybe I am missing something, it has been years since I saw The Dark Crystal.

j0ekerr: I already have.

I'm so rad!
I was thinking more of these. Great for seeing alien intruders. :-)
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Good evening! *return hug*

Glad to hear you are doing good. What kind of smartphone are you thinking about getting?

I am doing okay, a few problems (see my reply to Crow), but other than that my evening was nice and I am still in a happy mood today.
Oh i see. I hope the burning feeling will vanish soon but good to hear that you're still in a happy mod desptie your health issues.
Currently thinking about either a Lumia 830 or a Samsung (maybe a S5 Mini or a A5) but i still want to try them out before buying any of those...
ddickinson: Good evening!

What game are you playing at the moment? And how is the house work going?

I am doing okay, I had a lovely evening at least. I am having a few extra health problems at the moment, mainly due to the nerve damage I got when I collapsed which is giving me very painful stabbing pains and the feeling of burning. If Endre had been here I would have made a joke about my hot thighs :-). But it's quite painful, and the burning feeling is very uncomfortable. But other than that things are about the same. Slowly getting better, but not real big improvements yet. Still early days.
Started playing Sleeping Dogs, and I just finished off the last of the housework.

Yeah, nerve damage is bad. Painful and shitty in a semi-disembodied sort of way.
Sorry you're having to deal with that.
ElTerprise: Oh i see. I hope the burning feeling will vanish soon but good to hear that you're still in a happy mod desptie your health issues.
Currently thinking about either a Lumia 830 or a Samsung (maybe a S5 Mini or a A5) but i still want to try them out before buying any of those...
Thank you.

Is the Lumina a Windows phone and the Samsung a Google (Android) phone? So will you be going to a phone store to try them out before buying one?
ddickinson: Just a quick question for anyone who has seen The Dark Crystal. How exactly is the new game, Feist, reminiscent of The Dark Crystal? I have looked at the screenshots and trailer and no part of it really reminds me of The Dark Crystal. Maybe I am missing something, it has been years since I saw The Dark Crystal.
Yeah about that...

I suppose it's a sales pitch aimed at those that do remember the movie. And a fastball too. I suppose it wants to imply that the game has a sense of wonder, handmade artistry and beautiful but whimsical graphics in a fantasy world that is supposed to awe and amaze.

I heard one of the reasons of Dark Crystal's flop was an early form of uncanny valley.
--------
I've just seen "the national shotgun" an incredibly funny social satire about how politics were made in the 1950's. But I found disconcertingly eerie how everything it depicts as a parody is still happening in pretty much the exact same way nowadays.

Bear in mind this was a fascist dictatorship back then.
j0ekerr: You have two choices.

You can search the phone house and the different operators for the best deal.

Or you can get some chinese iphone from dealextreme.

Or you can burn it, burn it all down to the ground!
I already had a chinese Iphone (a Huawei)
I'm currently digging through ther various stores for a fitting phone :)
ddickinson: I was thinking more of these. Great for seeing alien intruders. :-)
Nope, big, neon plastic frames are what all the cool kids are wearing.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: You not playing a game?

Does not compute.
I should follow your lead, check into going to school again.
Maybe I wouldn't sleep through the classes this time around. -laughs-
CarrionCrow: Started playing Sleeping Dogs, and I just finished off the last of the housework.

Yeah, nerve damage is bad. Painful and shitty in a semi-disembodied sort of way.
Sorry you're having to deal with that.
I just had a look at Sleeping Dogs, and I love the picture of the lady with the meat cleaver on steam :-). Are you enjoying the game?

Thank you. It's not permanent thankfully, it will heal, but it was quite bad, so it will take a while to get better. Hopefully the condition will not deteriorate and I won't have to really suffer this again, but who knows. Sadly if it deteriorates things get a lot worse in a very bad way. But I will deal with that if it happens, hopefully it never will.

j0ekerr: Yeah about that...

I suppose it's a sales pitch aimed at those that do remember the movie. And a fastball too. I suppose it wants to imply that the game has a sense of wonder, handmade artistry and beautiful but whimsical graphics in a fantasy world that is supposed to awe and amaze.

I heard one of the reasons of Dark Crystal's flop was an early form of uncanny valley.
--------
I've just seen "the national shotgun" an incredibly funny social satire about how politics were made in the 1950's. But I found disconcertingly eerie how everything it depicts as a parody is still happening in pretty much the exact same way nowadays.

Bear in mind this was a fascist dictatorship back then.
It seems a bit cheap to me in some ways to name drop like that. Surly it as to have some real resemblance to make the claim, but who knows.

Sorry, but what is Uncanny Valley?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ddickinson
ElTerprise: I already had a chinese Iphone (a Huawei)
I'm currently digging through ther various stores for a fitting phone :)
I meant an unaplogetic rip off of an iphone. Huawei at least tries to be a bit distinctive.

They're actually quite good, since they just copy the design, (after all they make it, why invest in R&D when everybody else is so desperate to give you their designs to manufacture? ) with cheaper components.

Except when they turn out to be a flaming pile of dogshit, it's a bit of a lottery.

CarrionCrow: I should follow your lead, check into going to school again.
Maybe I wouldn't sleep through the classes this time around. -laughs-
The first time I did, I didn't even go to class, I had developed a bit of an internet addiction which I indulged in, at a cybercafe.
ddickinson: Thank you.

Is the Lumina a Windows phone and the Samsung a Google (Android) phone? So will you be going to a phone store to try them out before buying one?
You're welcome :)
Yes. The Lumia is a Windows Phone (not entirely sure about the OS though) and the Samsung is an Android one. Always had an Android before. And i always try to test them out before buying them. Today i was reading many reviews about various phones....
j0ekerr: I meant an unaplogetic rip off of an iphone. Huawei at least tries to be a bit distinctive.

They're actually quite good, since they just copy the design, (after all they make it, why invest in R&D when everybody else is so desperate to give you their designs to manufacture? ) with cheaper components.
I see. You meant something like Xiaomi or ZTE. Yes i was quite hapy with with my Huawei but i want something different and closer to the Stock Android as a replacement...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Yes. The Lumia is a Windows Phone (not entirely sure about the OS though) and the Samsung is an Android one. Always had an Android before. And i always try to test them out before buying them. Today i was reading many reviews about various phones....
Pfff... no need to do so much work. Just buy something cheap and then forget about it. Who needs phones? :P
(except for emergencies)
Post edited July 24, 2015 by moonshineshadow
ElTerprise: You're welcome :)
Yes. The Lumia is a Windows Phone (not entirely sure about the OS though) and the Samsung is an Android one. Always had an Android before. And i always try to test them out before buying them. Today i was reading many reviews about various phones....
I've heard people swear by Windows Phone calling it an excellent OS for mobile devices.

Problem is everyone thinks they're crazy, the fact that they also claim that wearing a toothbrush collar will ward off the evil cannibal cabbage people from Proxima Minor doesn't lend them much credibility.

The OS itself is dead in the water anyways.