It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Are you playing the normal or the Definitive Version of Sleeping Dogs?
I really liked that game. It had a quite competent combat system for an GTA-style game imho :)
Definitive. It was a cheap rental, so I picked it up a while back.

Compared to something like GTA 3, it's incredible.
Course, the hand-to-hand combat in GTA 3 was garbage, so that might not sound like high praise.
ddickinson: Just a quick question for anyone who has seen The Dark Crystal. How exactly is the new game, Feist, reminiscent of The Dark Crystal? I have looked at the screenshots and trailer and no part of it really reminds me of The Dark Crystal. Maybe I am missing something, it has been years since I saw The Dark Crystal.
I'm on board with this. Now maybe the storyline is similar (I don't know) but nothing about those screenshots reminds me of The Dark Crystal. It DOES make me want Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to show up here though!

ddickinson: I just had a look at Sleeping Dogs, and I love the picture of the lady with the meat cleaver on steam :-).
She's one of many great characters in the game (and one that's easy to become attached to!), and has a few excellent scenes...
j0ekerr: Isn't it basically asian GTA? Triads VS Yakuza! And outrageous neon coloured tail fins on cars.
For me the approach is different.

With something like Saints Row, you play as a sociopathic mass murderer. Everything and everyone are just things to destroy for giggles.
Sleeping Dogs feels like you're supposed to be law-abiding as much as you can be, so no rampages, no mowing down sidewalks full of people just because they're there.
CarrionCrow: Definitive. It was a cheap rental, so I picked it up a while back.

Compared to something like GTA 3, it's incredible.
Course, the hand-to-hand combat in GTA 3 was garbage, so that might not sound like high praise.
Well i played the standard version of it which was out before GTA V and i liked the focus on hand-to-hand combat. Plus the game looks really good. And Hong Kong is a nice setting imho.

And i would like to play the Definitive Version but it has a nasty Geo-lock for Germans.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: Thank you for the link. I liked The Dark Crystal, but I have never seen Polar Express.
Being puppets and of fantasy creatures they mostly skipped by the valley rather than enter it.

But the puppets were so detailed and life like while still being, well, puppets that some people found it eerie.

And fantasy movies were relegated to a a sub-culture ghetto back then.
Ixamyakxim: I'm on board with this. Now maybe the storyline is similar (I don't know) but nothing about those screenshots reminds me of The Dark Crystal. It DOES make me want Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to show up here though!

She's one of many great characters in the game (and one that's easy to become attached to!), and has a few excellent scenes...
I wonder if it looks like the other movie it mentioned, Hedgehog in the Fog?

That is nice to hear. It's not really my kind of game, but I liked the look of the screenshot. She looks like a badarse. :-)

j0ekerr: Being puppets and of fantasy creatures they mostly skipped by the valley rather than enter it.

But the puppets were so detailed and life like while still being, well, puppets that some people found it eerie.

And fantasy movies were relegated to a a sub-culture ghetto back then.
I can understand that. They did look a bit strange by trying to be so detailed yet clearly puppets. I wonder if it had been GCI or live action (as in actors not puppets) if it would have done better?
AgentBirdnest: Or just set some ice nearby, and attach a ping pong paddle to the cat's tail :-)
Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

ElTerprise: Yes heard the same about Window Phone. But from actually quite credible people....
You hang around with some very odd people.
ElTerprise: Well i played the standard version of it which was out before GTA V and i liked the focus on hand-to-hand combat. Plus the game looks really good. And Hong Kong is a nice setting imho.
These were some of the very things I mentioned earlier as really enjoying about the game. I'm also a huge fan of the many characters - while they're pretty stereotypical for "cop infiltrates gang, cop becomes gangster" movie plot fare, they're all very interesting, fleshed out and DO feel like real people that it was easy for me to become attached to. Something I don't often find happening in games (I may enjoy the characters of a game from a story perspective, or maybe they're good comedic relief but I rarely "care" about video game characters). This one just had that extra polish or something that made it stand out for me. And I'm not even an open world GTA-esque genre diehard.
ddickinson: I wonder if it looks like the other movie it mentioned, Hedgehog in the Fog?
I haven't heard of this - but based on the name alone it sounds full if whimsy and right up my alley. Might have to look into it...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
I just bought the digital Witcher 3 and nothing. It didn't download.
My wishlist can no longer be sorted by user reviews. :/

And did I hear something about university students with hot thighs wearing leotards and talking on brand new cellphones?
j0ekerr: You hang around with some very odd people.
Apparently so :).

Ixamyakxim: These were some of the very things I mentioned earlier as really enjoying about the game. I'm also a huge fan of the many characters - while they're pretty stereotypical for "cop infiltrates gang, cop becomes gangster" movie plot fare, they're all very interesting, fleshed out and DO feel like real people that it was easy for me to become attached to. Something I don't often find happening in games (I may enjoy the characters of a game from a story perspective, or maybe they're good comedic relief but I rarely "care" about video game characters). This one just had that extra polish or something that made it stand out for me. And I'm not even an open world GTA-esque genre diehard.
Yes. That was definitely one of the strengths of the game. I felt similar when playing it.
What do I do to get the game to download?
Vulnavia: I just bought the digital Witcher 3 and nothing. It didn't download.
How did you try to download it? With gog galaxy? With the gog downloader? Or browser download?
Vulnavia: I just bought the digital Witcher 3 and nothing. It didn't download.
Which way did you use to try to download the game? GOG Galaxy, the Website or the GOG-Downloader?
EndreWhiteMane: My wishlist can no longer be sorted by user reviews. :/

And did I hear something about university students with hot thighs wearing leotards and talking on brand new cellphones?
Dammit you're right :(
Same here....
Post edited July 24, 2015 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: My wishlist can no longer be sorted by user reviews. :/
You could make it public so that we can test if it is the same for us :P
*big welcome hug*

(but yeah, sorting by review does nothing)