It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Quick shout out to Tale of Tales (devs of The Path, Sunset and other games), a month or two ago they made their games available DRM free via Itch.io, if you don't want to go through Steam.

http://taleoftales.itch.io/

I FULLY recommend The Path, it's a great great game in my opinion.
NoNewTaleToTell: Quick shout out to Tale of Tales (devs of The Path, Sunset and other games), a month or two ago they made their games available DRM free via Itch.io, if you don't want to go through Steam.

Are they the developers who got quite nasty towards the public just because their game did not sell and many said it was terrible?
NoNewTaleToTell: Quick shout out to Tale of Tales (devs of The Path, Sunset and other games), a month or two ago they made their games available DRM free via Itch.io, if you don't want to go through Steam.

ddickinson: Are they the developers who got quite nasty towards the public just because their game did not sell and many said it was terrible?
I read their final statement and didn't see any nastiness towards gamers, I did see them owning up their mistakes and failings though. I've heard that they had a bit of meltdown on Patreon but honestly don't care, what artist hasn't had a public meltdown when their careers been shot down?

I have however seen their forums spammed by gamers who were/are completely enraged by the fact that somebody was daring to literally kill the game industry by daring to release mostly unknown art games...
ddickinson: Are they the developers who got quite nasty towards the public just because their game did not sell and many said it was terrible?
NoNewTaleToTell: I've heard that they had a bit of meltdown on Patreon but honestly don't care, what artist hasn't had a public meltdown when their careers been shot down?
The professional ones.
NoNewTaleToTell: I read their final statement and didn't see any nastiness towards gamers, I did see them owning up their mistakes and failings though. I've heard that they had a bit of meltdown on Patreon but honestly don't care, what artist hasn't had a public meltdown when their careers been shot down?

I have however seen their forums spammed by gamers who were/are completely enraged by the fact that somebody was daring to literally kill the game industry by daring to release mostly unknown art games...
I have not really read anything, just a bit here on the forum, so I could be mistaken. That is why I asked, in case I had gotten it wrong.

I did find a screenshot of some of their twitter posts that could be seen as quite nasty to gamers, telling them to die. But I really don't know anything about the situation, and I was just curious.
Attachments:
tweets.jpg (65 Kb)
NoNewTaleToTell: I've heard that they had a bit of meltdown on Patreon but honestly don't care, what artist hasn't had a public meltdown when their careers been shot down?
GreenDamsel: The professional ones.
Guess you would have to define "professional" for artists. For one thing I've yet to meet a "normal" artist like you would meet a "normal" businessperson or a "professional" phone salesperson. I've seen artists with platinum records have a full blown meltdown and then come back. Same with devs. It just seems like Tale of Tales is getting singled out because they were an art studio and because they dared associate with someone who is apparently associated with the "SJW" scene.

NoNewTaleToTell: I read their final statement and didn't see any nastiness towards gamers, I did see them owning up their mistakes and failings though. I've heard that they had a bit of meltdown on Patreon but honestly don't care, what artist hasn't had a public meltdown when their careers been shot down?

ddickinson: I have not really read anything, just a bit here on the forum, so I could be mistaken. That is why I asked, in case I had gotten it wrong.

I did find a screenshot of some of their twitter posts that could be seen as quite nasty to gamers, telling them to die. But I really don't know anything about the situation, and I was just curious.
Ah, I don't do Twitter, that's why I went by their final message. I did see them getting spammed with tons of messages ranging from vague insults to borderline death threats, maybe that set them off, or maybe the meltdown was already in full swing, who knows.

I'm not out to "defend" them or anything, I just wanted to give them a shout out because The Path is a darn fine game, whatever their politics may be or how badly they freaked out.

Edit: While I'm throwing out Itch recommendations, Belladonna is a nice (short) point n' click heavily inspired by Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

http://neckbolt.itch.io/belladonna
Post edited July 21, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
high rated
NoNewTaleToTell: Ah, I don't do Twitter, that's why I went by their final message. I did see them getting spammed with tons of messages ranging from vague insults to borderline death threats, maybe that set them off, or maybe the meltdown was already in full swing, who knows.

I'm not out to "defend" them or anything, I just wanted to give them a shout out because The Path is a darn fine game, whatever their politics may be or how badly they freaked out.
I understand, and I am not out to insult them or anything like that. As I said, I barely know the facts, I was just curious and remember reading on here about them. This kind of drama does not really interest me, it's like the whole SJW stuff, I don't even really understand most of that as I have never followed it. All I know is that it is resulting in genuine concerns and opinions been beaten back by bigots and branding everyone as SJW. Not a very nice approach, IMO.

But onto a less unpleasant topic: I have never played The Path, I did see some video reviews of their Sunset game and did not really like the look of it, especially given the high price and limited gameplay. But that is just my opinion, I am sure many really enjoy the game. I have nothing against those type of games, I enjoy some of them, but that one just did not really appeal to me.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by ddickinson
NoNewTaleToTell: Ah, I don't do Twitter, that's why I went by their final message. I did see them getting spammed with tons of messages ranging from vague insults to borderline death threats, maybe that set them off, or maybe the meltdown was already in full swing, who knows.

ddickinson: I understand, and I am not out to insult them or anything like that. As I said, I barely know the facts, I was just curious and remember reading on here about them. This kind of drama does not really interest me, it's like the whole SJW stuff, I don't even really understand most of that as I have never followed it. All I know is that it is resulting in genuine concerns and opinions been beaten back by bigots and branding everyone as SJW. Not a very nice approach, IMO.

But onto a less unpleasant topic: I have never played The Path, I did see some video reviews of their Sunset game and did not really like the look of it, especially given the high price and limited gameplay. But that is just my opinion, I am sure many really enjoy the game. I have nothing against those type of games, I enjoy some of them, but that one just did not really appeal to me.
Yeah I agree overall, I try to stay away from the rather "political" war that's popped up in gaming over the past year or so, I just want to play my games haha.

I like Tale of Tales games overall but I honestly Sunset looks a bit like disappointment to me, and frankly I'm not surprised it sold poorly. It does have a high price and just doesn't look "fun" and it doesn't appear to be anywhere near as interesting as The Path.
high rated
NoNewTaleToTell: Yeah I agree overall, I try to stay away from the rather "political" war that's popped up in gaming over the past year or so, I just want to play my games haha.

I like Tale of Tales games overall but I honestly Sunset looks a bit like disappointment to me, and frankly I'm not surprised it sold poorly. It does have a high price and just doesn't look "fun" and it doesn't appear to be anywhere near as interesting as The Path.
Sadly people on the internet love to make issues and be vicious to each other for such petty reasons.

I don't mind the "artsy" games, but often I find them too stuck up or over priced, or sometimes just too short. I think Sunset could fit into most of those categories, it tried to be something deep and it was not (based on reviews I have read). It was nothing special to look at, nothing special to play, and was very over priced for what it was and the limited replayability it offered. I have nothing against those kind of games, but I think they need to also remember they are games, not works of art. They need to make sure the game play aspects are good as well as the artistic elements.
NoNewTaleToTell: Yeah I agree overall, I try to stay away from the rather "political" war that's popped up in gaming over the past year or so, I just want to play my games haha.

ddickinson: Sadly people on the internet love to make issues and be vicious to each other for such petty reasons.

I don't mind the "artsy" games, but often I find them too stuck up or over priced, or sometimes just too short. I think Sunset could fit into most of those categories, it tried to be something deep and it was not (based on reviews I have read). It was nothing special to look at, nothing special to play, and was very over priced for what it was and the limited replayability it offered. I have nothing against those kind of games, but I think they need to also remember they are games, not works of art. They need to make sure the game play aspects are good as well as the artistic elements.
I think a big problem Tale of Tales had was that they had great ideas and a good sense (generally) of abstract graphics (Sunset aside) but they've never been good with integrating that with actual gameplay, except with The Path.

The Path was a mix between a adventure game and a walking simulator, it had win/fail states based on finding certain interactions, things to collect, interactions and areas you could miss etc etc, Sunset seems to have none of that, it really does seem like a step backward in most every way and I would even call it ugly, definitely their worst looking game.

For a worst case example check out The Graveyard.
ddickinson: What daring is there? We English are not scare of you French. Check your chat box, you shall see this English lady's daring. :-)
** May I have your attention, please ? **
I need help... to overwhelm DD by a heavy shower of +1...
♥ Thanks in advance !!!... ♥
** Big hugs **
I had a different approach... Quit playing games altogether :-p
Luckily that phase didn't last long :-)
AgentBirdnest: I had a different approach... Quit playing games altogether :-p
Luckily that phase didn't last long :-)
Ha!

That reminds me (somehow), I'm in need of a PC controller, any recommendations besides a $50 (or however much it is today) Xbox 360 controller?
LaPtiteBete: ** May I have your attention, please ? **
** Big hugs **
I'll have to go back a few months to find some that I haven't +1'd already :-)
ddickinson: What daring is there? We English are not scare of you French. Check your chat box, you shall see this English lady's daring. :-)
LaPtiteBete: ** May I have your attention, please ? **
** Big hugs **
*gets out +1 hammer*

Come closer and thou shalt feel my edge!