It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: I think a big problem Tale of Tales had was that they had great ideas and a good sense (generally) of abstract graphics (Sunset aside) but they've never been good with integrating that with actual gameplay, except with The Path.

The Path was a mix between a adventure game and a walking simulator, it had win/fail states based on finding certain interactions, things to collect, interactions and areas you could miss etc etc, Sunset seems to have none of that, it really does seem like a step backward in most every way and I would even call it ugly, definitely their worst looking game.

For a worst case example check out The Graveyard.
I have heard a few people say The Path was much better. I just think people these days who call themselves artists tend to have too much arrogance and ego, so when things go wrong, as they did with Sunset, they lash out. They might have great ideas, but that does not mean it will be a great game. There are many mediums they could use for their art, movies/animations for example, but maybe not always games.

I understand that they had a nice following with their earlier games, and that many took issue with Sunset due to the arrogance at which it was sold, and the high price. Perhaps they should either stick to their smaller games, or open their eyes and accept that there is more to a game than just art style, especially if you want a larger customer base.

LaPtiteBete: ** May I have your attention, please ? **
I need help... to overwhelm DD by a heavy shower of +1...
♥ Thanks in advance !!!... ♥
** Big hugs **
And to think you said I would not dare. :-)

*big hug*

AgentBirdnest: I had a different approach... Quit playing games altogether :-p
Luckily that phase didn't last long :-)
You could have just stopped reading those websites, or burned them down. :-)
BillyMaysFan59: *gets out +1 hammer*

Come closer and thou shalt feel my edge!
You would hit a sick woman with a hammer? You Americans really aren't gentleman. :-)

Good morning, BMF!

It feels like I have not spoken to you in a while. How are you, is everything going well in the colonies (even though you might not even live in one of the former colonies)? :-)
Post edited July 21, 2015 by ddickinson
LaPtiteBete: ** May I have your attention, please ? **
I need help... to overwhelm DD by a heavy shower of +1...
♥ Thanks in advance !!!... ♥
** Big hugs **
Done :D
Just threw some +1s around.

Also just noticed that Bandcamp now has a popup asking you to buy whatever you're listening to once you've played so many songs in an album. It can be closed easy enough but as someone who has their music on Bandcamp, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't see it bringing any more sales in but it doesn't hinder anything, it's just an annoying silent popup that can be easily closed.

They're also slightly changing their payout structure. Now instead of sales going directly to you via Paypal they (as in Bandcamp) now hold your money for a day before releasing it to your Paypal. It's kind of annoying but it's somehow supposed to be helping them add more payment options for consumers so that's a good thing overall I suppose.
ddickinson: You would hit a sick woman with a hammer? You Americans really aren't gentleman. :-)

Good morning, BMF!

It feels like I have not spoken to you in a while. How are you, is everything going well in the colonies (even though you might not even live in one of the former colonies)? :-)
Actually I was imitating the Hammerites from Thief. =)

Doing fine, thank you
Does anyone have any recommendations for good game soundtracks (downloadable extras, not in-game) on GOG?

Since I can't really do much of anything at the moment I have been listening to music (even chatting on the tablet is a strain, but it's worth it to chat to you lovely people), and I figured now would be a good time to try out some of the soundtracks that are included with some GOG games that I have never really paid attention to.
ddickinson: Does anyone have any recommendations for good game soundtracks (downloadable extras, not in-game) on GOG?

Since I can't really do much of anything at the moment I have been listening to music (even chatting on the tablet is a strain, but it's worth it to chat to you lovely people), and I figured now would be a good time to try out some of the soundtracks that are included with some GOG games that I have never really paid attention to.
HoMM 3 soundtrack
Deus Ex soundtrack
Battle for Wesnoth soundtrack (not a GOG game, but the soundtrack is worth it, definitely =)

Do you have a wiki page with your game collection on it? I don't know what games you own, or if you own these mentioned games.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
NoNewTaleToTell: Just threw some +1s around.

Also just noticed that Bandcamp now has a popup asking you to buy whatever you're listening to once you've played so many songs in an album. It can be closed easy enough but as someone who has their music on Bandcamp, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't see it bringing any more sales in but it doesn't hinder anything, it's just an annoying silent popup that can be easily closed.

They're also slightly changing their payout structure. Now instead of sales going directly to you via Paypal they (as in Bandcamp) now hold your money for a day before releasing it to your Paypal. It's kind of annoying but it's somehow supposed to be helping them add more payment options for consumers so that's a good thing overall I suppose.
It kind of sounds like they are just holding the money for a day to get the interest off it. It might not be much, but add it all together and it soon adds up.

We should get a thread on GOG that promotes all the people here who make things, be that games, music, writing, anything like that. It would be nice to bring some light onto the creative people we have on the forum. Maybe once I am better I should do that.

BillyMaysFan59: Actually I was imitating the Hammerites from Thief. =)

Doing fine, thank you
I have not played Thief yet, but I will keep a look out for the Hammerites. :-)

I am glad to hear you are doing fine. How is your new laptop working out?
ddickinson: And to think you said I would not dare. :-)

*big hug*
I know I shouldn't doubt about your bravery ! ;-)
** Even bigger crushing happy hugs **
ddickinson: You could have just stopped reading those websites, or burned them down. :-)
No fire, but I did eventually stop reading those websites, including the GOG forums. Now I don't keep up with new games or gaming news at all anymore, unless it is on the front page of GOG or in this thread.
I didn't want to be associated with video games at all. The entire hobby just felt awkward, and I was ashamed of it for a while. My brain is like that, if something is tainted in the slightest way, I obsess about it until it is not fun anymore.
GreenDamsel: The professional ones.
NoNewTaleToTell: Guess you would have to define "professional" for artists. For one thing I've yet to meet a "normal" artist like you would meet a "normal" businessperson or a "professional" phone salesperson. I've seen artists with platinum records have a full blown meltdown and then come back. Same with devs. It just seems like Tale of Tales is getting singled out because they were an art studio and because they dared associate with someone who is apparently associated with the "SJW" scene.
<rant>

I really don't care about "But everyone does it." I hold no respect and no pity for people that have public breakdowns. People choose their career and have to live with the consequences or quit and do something else. Not cry about some people not liking their stuff or , surprise surprise, people on the internet being nasty to each other.
Did you ever see a waitress that is being harassed by a guest breaking down in tears in the middle of the restaurant?
Ever see a builder break down on a construction site, because some people think their jobs are not worthy of pursuing and the stereotype is that they are all mindless tools? No? Who woul'dve thought some people actually have a spine.
You can never have only advantages with a choice. There will always be repercussions. And not being able to accept those and going "But I only want the good things to happen to me!". That's not professional. That's spineless.

I don't single anyone out. Where I come from there's a saying: "Learn to suffer without complaint." I live to that and I don't like people that complain over the top in public. You can do that at home to your family or your therapist or go punch a punching bag until you feel better. Just don't drag anyone down with you. Anyone being the people that notice your breakdown. Every person has a burden to to bear and it doesn't help to be emotionally dragged down by some whiny dreamer, who can't handle the shadows that come with every sunny side.
</rant>
BillyMaysFan59: HoMM 3 soundtrack
Deus Ex soundtrack
Battle for Wesnoth soundtrack (not a GOG game, but the soundtrack is worth it, definitely =)

Do you have a wiki page with your game collection on it? I don't know what games you own, or if you own these mentioned games.
I did have a wiki, but I took it all down a while ago when they redesigned the accounts page.
Here is a link to the older version, but please don't feel the need to spend your time just looking for soundtracks for me. I am sure you have better things to do.

[url=http://www.gogwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Ddickinson&diff=15608&oldid=15324]http://www.gogwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Ddickinson&diff=15608&oldid=15324[/url]

And thank you for the suggestions.
ddickinson: And to think you said I would not dare. :-)

*big hug*
LaPtiteBete: I know I shouldn't doubt about your bravery ! ;-)
** Even bigger crushing happy hugs **
Owl! Still American I see :D
ddickinson: I have not played Thief yet, but I will keep a look out for the Hammerites. :-)

I am glad to hear you are doing fine. How is your new laptop working out?
Seems to be working great.

FINALLY I can play Mount & Blade Warband at full screen resolution and still get good FPS
AgentBirdnest: I'll have to go back a few months to find some that I haven't +1'd already :-)
Thank you for your perseverance, Agent ! >:-*
ddickinson: Does anyone have any recommendations for good game soundtracks (downloadable extras, not in-game) on GOG?

Shadow Warrior 2013's is a nice action-y soundtrack take on traditional Chinese music, I sometimes listen to it on its own.

Outcast has an award winning soundtrack that I've listened to more than I've actually played the game. Some solid cinematic orchestral stuff there.

Messiah's soundtrack is basically just a Fear Factory album. Great stuff if you're into metal.

I haven't listened to Divine Divinity or Divinity II's soundtrack (I'm actually planning on doing it in a few minutes) but I imagine they're definitely worthwhile on their on.