It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: What's with all the hate towards TotalBiscuit? I haven't watched his videos much but I think he's pretty good, and quite professional at what he does.
I'm not sure. I watched the "compilation" video for the promo and he seemed to be the kind of person I'd watch do game videos. Plus, I sure can't argue with that list! A lot of those are right up my alley LOL.

LaPtiteBete: we have beers !!
I'm sorry did someone say beers now? ;) I can't say I've had many beers from France. French Canada, yes, but not actual France LOL.
*edit to add:

I've actually started watching videos on Youtube a bit more lately (it's something I had never done in the past but after liking a few of the GoG ones on Twitch, if a game looks like something I'm "on the fence about" or that could be something I'm interested in, but not sure I'll check out a video). It's amazing how many games people are playing as "dev builds" before actual release.

I actually found one guy - not sure he's popular or not but every time I fire up a video search for a game his come up close to the top so I'm guessing he's reasonably known. But anyway the name is "Splattercat" or something close to that. Always enjoy them and so far I've been able to find a video for the games I've been interested in so that's a plus.

*edit to add LOL didn't need the first edit - guess I beat the first 10 minute merge!
Post edited July 18, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
CarrionCrow: Have a good night, sleep well. =)
BillyMaysFan59: BTW how you doing Crow? We haven't spoken for a while I don't think
Just got back online. Had some weird power surge/fluctuation thing happening so I shut everything down for a bit.

Doing all right here, just fiddling around on the internet in between playing light games because I'm not ready to commit another 1 to 3 hundred hours on something right this second.

How've you been doing?
BillyMaysFan59: What's with all the hate towards TotalBiscuit? I haven't watched his videos much but I think he's pretty good, and quite professional at what he does.
I wouldn't say I hate him at all, heck his video reviews are usually very well done, but I do get annoyed that often times he says whatever is currently the popular opinion in gaming and his statement is treated like a holy gospel, when again, it's the same thing you can read in any Reddit thread (or here at GOG). Of course that's not his fault, but that kind of stuff does cause a bit of backlash.

I'm sure he'll be a very valuable ally to GOG though, can't really deny that with a straight face.
NoNewTaleToTell:
Oh hey good - I've been meaning to say since a few days ago - NICE work on that avatar! Creepy as hell and even more awesome after seeing the source material you posted a day back or so. Excellent job of tweaking it to get where you're at!
NoNewTaleToTell:
Ixamyakxim: Oh hey good - I've been meaning to say since a few days ago - NICE work on that avatar! Creepy as hell and even more awesome after seeing the source material you posted a day back or so. Excellent job of tweaking it to get where you're at!
Thanks! Of course with a Nosferatu it doesn't take much tweaking to go from weird to creepy haha.
CarrionCrow: Just got back online. Had some weird power surge/fluctuation thing happening so I shut everything down for a bit.

Doing all right here, just fiddling around on the internet in between playing light games because I'm not ready to commit another 1 to 3 hundred hours on something right this second.

How've you been doing?
Not bad. Put lots of time into a Heroes 3 HotA random map yesterday and today. I really like the HotA mod, because you get to play as PIRATES!!!! :D (Its other enhancements and fixes are quite welcome too)
BillyMaysFan59: Not bad. Put lots of time into a Heroes 3 HotA random map yesterday and today. I really like the HotA mod, because you get to play as PIRATES!!!! :D (Its other enhancements and fixes are quite welcome too)
Yeah, playing as pirates can make things more interesting.

In Dawn of War 2 Retribution, the leader of the ork group acts like a pirate, all the way down to wearing a pirate hat and talking like a sailor. It's a lot better than the usual boring approach.
CarrionCrow: Yeah, playing as pirates can make things more interesting.

In Dawn of War 2 Retribution, the leader of the ork group acts like a pirate, all the way down to wearing a pirate hat and talking like a sailor. It's a lot better than the usual boring approach.
now I'm feeling compelled to start Sea Dogs. It's already in my collection.

BTW if I remember correctly, you haven't played Heroes of Might and Magic III yet but it's in your collection? In that case, you will DEFINITELY want this mod. I swear by it.

https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

Aside from being able to adjust to any screen resolution other than just 800x600, it's got tons of extra enhancements and interface improvements that I can't live without.

At some point you'll also want to check out Horn of the Abyss, a fan made expansion/mod for HoMM 3. Should be 100% compatible with above linked HD mod, and it adds the Pirates faction that I was raving about earlier, as well as new map objects, bigger map sizes, graphical fixes, and so forth.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830
CarrionCrow: Yeah, playing as pirates can make things more interesting.

BillyMaysFan59: now I'm feeling compelled to start Sea Dogs. It's already in my collection.

BTW if I remember correctly, you haven't played Heroes of Might and Magic III yet but it's in your collection? In that case, you will DEFINITELY want this mod. I swear by it.

https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

Aside from being able to adjust to any screen resolution other than just 800x600, it's got tons of extra enhancements and interface improvements that I can't live without.

At some point you'll also want to check out Horn of the Abyss, a fan made expansion/mod for HoMM 3. Should be 100% compatible with above linked HD mod, and it adds the Pirates faction that I was raving about earlier, as well as new map objects, bigger map sizes, graphical fixes, and so forth.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830
-laughs- Same here.

You would be right. HoMM is another one of those series runs that I'm not ready to sink a ton of time into yet.
Still appreciate you passing along the info for when I get around to it, though. Thank you. =)
Hi everyone, hope that you are all doing well, and that @DD is ok, and not ill.

@Crow, you said you were getting sick, hope that went away?

I had never heard of Total Biscuit before now <hangs head in shame> but he seems to have chosen some good games, and GOG has thrown in some good discounts also.

Still battling with near 40C 104F temps here, and the humidity is a lot higher than usual for these parts. Still grave warnings about wildfires - my sympathies are with those presently affected by wildfires in California, Greece and Spain.
ZenWan: Hi everyone, hope that you are all doing well, and that @DD is ok, and not ill.

@Crow, you said you were getting sick, hope that went away?

I had never heard of Total Biscuit before now <hangs head in shame> but he seems to have chosen some good games, and GOG has thrown in some good discounts also.

Still battling with near 40C 104F temps here, and the humidity is a lot higher than usual for these parts. Still grave warnings about wildfires - my sympathies are with those presently affected by wildfires in California, Greece and Spain.
Good morning. =)

It hasn't, still getting sick and feeling like crap. It's okay, though, nothing serious by any means.

Wouldn't worry too much, there's a boatload of Youtube people who are quasi-famous. I don't keep up with them either.

That sounds absolutely miserable, hopefully you've got a backup space so you're not sitting in your house with heat exhaustion when it gets really, really bad.
I'll be on my way.... hope you all have a good day when your day comes around.

A little thought for the day:

'Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows.
It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain’t about how hard you hit.
It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward.'

from 'Rocky'.

CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

It hasn't, still getting sick and feeling like crap. It's okay, though, nothing serious by any means.

Wouldn't worry too much, there's a boatload of Youtube people who are quasi-famous. I don't keep up with them either.

That sounds absolutely miserable, hopefully you've got a backup space so you're not sitting in your house with heat exhaustion when it gets really, really bad.
Good morning, Crow, I thought you had probably gone to sleep, saw this just before I logged out.
Sorry to hear that, I hope that you can hit it on the head before it gets any worse. There's no fun in being sick even if you have someone to take care of you, just misery.

No backup space, sadly, as I'm busy packing up the house. Can only rely on fans and the hope that this surely won't last much longer. Even here, this kind of heat for so long just isn't normal - but then what is normal these days?
Post edited July 18, 2015 by ZenWan
ZenWan: Good morning, Crow, I thought you had probably gone to sleep, saw this just before I logged out.
Sorry to hear that, I hope that you can hit it on the head before it gets any worse. There's no fun in being sick even if you have someone to take care of you, just misery.

No backup space, sadly, as I'm busy packing up the house. Can only rely on fans and the hope that this surely won't last much longer. Even here, this kind of heat for so long just isn't normal - but then what is normal these days?
Nothing. It's too subjective.

Just try to stay as cool as you can, especially if you're getting moved in weather that bad.
Certainly don't need to end up in a hospital on intravenous fluids.

Have a good day, hopefully your weekend will be pleasant despite all the crappy things.
CarrionCrow: Nothing. It's too subjective.

Just try to stay as cool as you can, especially if you're getting moved in weather that bad.
Certainly don't need to end up in a hospital on intravenous fluids.

Have a good day, hopefully your weekend will be pleasant despite all the crappy things.
I'm drinking as much water as I can hold - the refrigerator is working overtime. Normally don't drink very cold liquids, but water from the filter jug is so warm it's as though it's been heated.

Thank you - I hope the same for you. Hope you find a game to play that takes your mind off not feeling good - or even better, that you get a good night's sleep.