It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GreenDamsel: What the hell is your job with these work hours. That's 14 hours a day. I'd guess nurse?
No, although I did work as a nurse kind of when I was at university (at an abuse clinic, not a hospital). I am a farm girl, and long hours are normal on a farm. Depending on the time of year and the about of work my hours can go up to 10-20 hours a day. :-)
Anyone care to take a guess as to what the weekend promo theme will be?
GreenDamsel: What the hell is your job with these work hours. That's 14 hours a day. I'd guess nurse?
ddickinson: No, although I did work as a nurse kind of when I was at university (at an abuse clinic, not a hospital). I am a farm girl, and long hours are normal on a farm. Depending on the time of year and the about of work my hours can go up to 10-20 hours a day. :-)
Oh that's better.
14 hours pass quicker, when you're doing work you enjoy. Especially when you handle animals.
I grew up on the countryside and I always enjoyed the sound of rustling corn fields in the wind.

ddickinson: Anyone care to take a guess as to what the weekend promo theme will be?
Based on their twitter post: Square Enix.
Guess for yourself, though.
Post edited July 10, 2015 by GreenDamsel
ddickinson: Good morning, lovely Owl!

It's a beautiful sunny day today, and I am feeling great (even if some things are trying to change it to less than great). How are you?

*big happy morning hug*
Good morning, lovely DD !!
Dont let these things get you down... aren't we better here, at the most high point of my dungeon tower, enjoying this wonderful and sunny landscape ? :)
I'm good and tired... I slept well, though, but I have almost zero energy today... :-|
Any nice plans for your weekend ?... :)
**Big happy hug**
ddickinson: Anyone care to take a guess as to what the weekend promo theme will be?
NOLF :D ... I'm kidding, it's even not reeleased. Eeeerrr... another space-related bunch of games ? :-p
Post edited July 10, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
GreenDamsel: Oh that's better.
14 hours pass quicker, when you're doing work you enjoy. Especially when you handle animals.
I grew up on the countryside and I always enjoyed the sound of rustling corn fields in the wind.

It is a great job. It's my family's farm, I have grown up a farm girl, so I love every aspect of it, even the gruesome parts that Owl does not like. You can't beat getting to work outside in the lovely countryside. The work is hard, but very rewarding. :-)

So a Square Enix sale. There are some good Square Enix games on GOG, so I am sure some people will love the promo.

http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=square_enix&page=1
GreenDamsel: Oh that's better.

ddickinson: It is a great job. It's my family's farm, I have grown up a farm girl, so I love every aspect of it, even the gruesome parts that Owl does not like. You can't beat getting to work outside in the lovely countryside. The work is hard, but very rewarding. :-)

So a Square Enix sale. There are some good Square Enix games on GOG, so I am sure some people will love the promo.

I only care about their Final Fantasy series. The moment they release HD versions of FF1-10 for PC, I'll go sploosh.
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, lovely DD !!
Dont let these things get you down... aren't we better here, at the most high point of my dungeon tower, enjoying this wonderful and sunny landscape ? :)
I'm good and tired... I slept well, though, but I have almost zero energy today... :-|
Any nice plans for your weekend ?... :)
**Big happy hug**

NOLF :D ... I'm kidding, it's even not reeleased. Eeeerrr... another space-related bunch of games ? :-p
Good morning!

Don't worry, I have no intention of letting things get me down (it's just a bit of health stuff to do with my scans and other tests).

i am glad to hear you are doing good, although tired. How about a giant pot of coffee? *passes Owl a giant mug of hot fresh coffee*

And since you slept well, here is your badge (see attached). :-)

I am working most of Saturday, but on the evening me and my partner are going out for a meal with some friends, then back home for our usual romantic Saturday night. Sunday will will probably just relax and so some fun things, maybe a picnic and some horse riding and what ever else we feel like.

We got all the books ready, so next week we will be at the childrens hospice again, hopefully they will love the books.

How about you? Anything nice planned?

But Agent would love NOLF, he said he would wet himself if it came here. :-)

*big almost the weekend happy hug*
GreenDamsel: Based on their twitter post: Square Enix.
So... Deux Ex and Hitman ?...
GreenDamsel: I only care about their Final Fantasy series. The moment they release HD versions of FF1-10 for PC, I'll go sploosh.
They would probably just spoil them once they make a HD version. They often end up making changes to the actual storyline and introduce new elements that spoil the game. Or they include political elements just for the sake of being politically correct, like the Boulders Gate HD remakes.

I would be happy to just have FF1-10 here as they are, I am not too bothered about the older graphics. But I doubt we will ever see them here.

LaPtiteBete: So... Deux Ex and Hitman ?...
Here is the selection of Square Enix games on GOG:
Post edited July 10, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: It is a great job. It's my family's farm, I have grown up a farm girl, so I love every aspect of it, even the gruesome parts that Owl does not like. You can't beat getting to work outside in the lovely countryside. The work is hard, but very rewarding. :-)

Am I the eonly one not to like these gruesome parts ? ... >__o brr.
Ho, thanks for the list... Well, I already have what is appealing to me... my wallet should stay safe.
LaPtiteBete: Am I the eonly one not to like these gruesome parts ? ... >__o brr.
Ho, thanks for the list... Well, I already have what is appealing to me... my wallet should stay safe.
Not at all, many people are not to keen on some of the gruesome parts. Not that I think they are gruesome (I have been doing it since I was a very little girl, so it's normal to me). I sometimes help give demonstrations for medical and veterinarian classes, or just school classes teaching about farming, and you would be surprised how many puke, or faint, or go green. It's even better when it's an annoying guy who talked the whole time and was trying to act all macho. :-)

LaPtiteBete: Am I the eonly one not to like these gruesome parts ? ... >__o brr.
What gruesome parts?
There's nothing that comes to my mind that would be absolutely appalling.
ddickinson: Good morning!

Don't worry, I have no intention of letting things get me down (it's just a bit of health stuff to do with my scans and other tests).

i am glad to hear you are doing good, although tired. How about a giant pot of coffee? *passes Owl a giant mug of hot fresh coffee*

And since you slept well, here is your badge (see attached). :-)

I am working most of Saturday, but on the evening me and my partner are going out for a meal with some friends, then back home for our usual romantic Saturday night. Sunday will will probably just relax and so some fun things, maybe a picnic and some horse riding and what ever else we feel like.

We got all the books ready, so next week we will be at the childrens hospice again, hopefully they will love the books.

How about you? Anything nice planned?

But Agent would love NOLF, he said he would wet himself if it came here. :-)

*big almost the weekend happy hug*
I was thinking about this health stuff you mentionned, yeah... Did you get some more information, or worry because you don't know anything more ?...
Thanks for the giant coffee \o/ **Big thank-you hug with coffee flavour**
Nice weekend program ! it sounds funny and restful...
I have some things to do tomorrow morning (bank, post office, shopping, pick up my eldest owlet at my parents...) then a big birthday party at 2 hours trip from home... all dressed in white and red (including camping and stuff for the most brave amongst the 80 guests...), but I won't do camping (for reasons)... I rent a little room for the night with a friend, even if it's only to sleep 3 hours or so... We'll let the owlets at some friends on the road... :-p and go to pick them up back on sunday noon...
I have & day off Monday (luckily... I'll be able to take some rest !) and Tuesday, as it's our national holiday :) ... so that's 4 days long weekend, which is not too bad.... !!
**Another big happy and tired hug**
GreenDamsel: What gruesome parts?
Many people find the whole killing, slaughtering, and butchering part to be gruesome.

LaPtiteBete: I was thinking about this health stuff you mentionned, yeah... Did you get some more information, or worry because you don't know anything more ?...
Thanks for the giant coffee \o/ **Big thank-you hug with coffee flavour**
Nice weekend program ! it sounds funny and restful...
I have some things to do tomorrow morning (bank, post office, shopping, pick up my eldest owlet at my parents...) then a big birthday party at 2 hours trip from home... all dressed in white and red (including camping and stuff for the most brave amongst the 80 guests...), but I won't do camping (for reasons)... I rent a little room for the night with a friend, even if it's only to sleep 3 hours or so... We'll let the owlets at some friends on the road... :-p and go to pick them up back on sunday noon...
I have & day off Monday (luckily... I'll be able to take some rest !) and Tuesday, as it's our national holiday :) ... so that's 4 days long weekend, which is not too bad.... !!
**Another big happy and tired hug**
I need to get a another scan first before they will tell me anything properly. At the moment it's just one of the symptoms that is causing me some problems (a very painful migraine), but nothing I will let bother me. I have the next scan next week, then hopefully it won't be too long until I find out what is going on.

You are robbing a bank and a post office tomorrow? Then shopping with the stolen money before picking your eldest Owlet up then off to spend the stolen money to host a big birthday party. That sounds like a lot of fun. ;-)

I hope everyone has a lovely time, even those who don't like camping. :-)

Yay for a long weekend! No such luck for me. We don't tend to have as many national holidays as other parts of Europe. But I hope you have some fun and enjoy a relaxing rest from work on your days off.

*big happy Friday hug*

P.S. I forgot to include your badge, sorry about that (I am a little distracted trying to get some inspection reports completed on the sheep, and they hate co-operating). :-)
Attachments:
Post edited July 10, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Not at all, many people are not to keen on some of the gruesome parts. Not that I think they are gruesome (I have been doing it since I was a very little girl, so it's normal to me). I sometimes help give demonstrations for medical and veterinarian classes, or just school classes teaching about farming, and you would be surprised how many puke, or faint, or go green. It's even better when it's an annoying guy who talked the whole time and was trying to act all macho. :-)
I wonder how I would have reacted... seriously... !
Cool that you have some fun with the macho guys anyway, haha :D
GreenDamsel: What gruesome parts?
Good grief, please don't ask for details !!! >:-\
Post edited July 10, 2015 by LaPtiteBete