It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: That sounds really promising. I'm looking forward to play it myself (after Outlast ;) ). That's really odd but good to know that you're able to rebind button even with a controller. Not every game allows that :).
When I started it the game had a controller icons that looked a bit out of place, following that takes you to the rebinding menu, so I guess they want to point it out that the game is not pre-set for a controller. Maybe I am just used to games supporting the Xbox controller out of the box. You can rebind the keyboard and controller controls.

The game has a very lovely atmosphere, so far my only fault with it was the jumping was a bit sensitive when trying to land on a precise spot on a block, but I am sure I will get used to it as the game goes on.

l0rdtr3k: Hug? I bought Destiny and let's see if my Bungie fanboyism will not blind me.
*hug*

Is Destiny a fun game?

moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*
*big happy hug for Moonshine*

How are you this evening? Is the weather any better? Have you had a nice evening?
l0rdtr3k: *reroreroreros*
I don't know what that is, I only accept hugs ;-)

ddickinson: *big happy hug for Moonshine*

How are you this evening? Is the weather any better? Have you had a nice evening?
*big return hug* I am doing ok. Slight problem with pain in my neck but the weather is better since the sun did not come out today, so it cooled down now to 20°C *yeah*
Yay! Sorting on the GOGwiki is no longer messed up :).

ddickinson: When I started it the game had a controller icons that looked a bit out of place, following that takes you to the rebinding menu, so I guess they want to point it out that the game is not pre-set for a controller. Maybe I am just used to games supporting the Xbox controller out of the box. You can rebind the keyboard and controller controls.

The game has a very lovely atmosphere, so far my only fault with it was the jumping was a bit sensitive when trying to land on a precise spot on a block, but I am sure I will get used to it as the game goes on.
Yes heard about the sensitivity of the jumping.

I think it would be the same for me. I'm also used to the 360 pad an that it usually works out of the box. So i'll keep that in mind then :)

*big hug* How are you doing and do you finally had some lower temperatures?

Edit: Great to hear that you're having lower temperatures now as well :D
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
moonshineshadow: *big return hug* I am doing ok. Slight problem with pain in my neck but the weather is better since the sun did not come out today, so it cooled down now to 20°C *yeah*
I am very sorry to hear about the pain in your neck, I hope it is nothing serious and will be better soon.
*big get well soon comforting hug*

I am glad to hear my attempts to send some of the cooler weather has worked :-). Hopefully it will stay nice and cool for you so you can get some sleep.

*more hugs*

ElTerprise: Yes heard about the sensitivity of the jumping.

I think it would be the same for me. I'm also used to the 360 pad an that it usually works out of the box. So i'll keep that in mind then :)
Ah, so the jumping sensitivity is a known thing? I am sure it just takes a bit of time to get used to.

Luckily there are not too many controls, but it would be nice to actually know what they are so you know what to map where for easy access etc.

But I love the hand drawn look to it, it's definitely a very beautifully presented platformer, and looks so much better than all the 2D "retro" styles ones that seem to dominate the platformer market these days.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: When I started it the game had a controller icons that looked a bit out of place, following that takes you to the rebinding menu, so I guess they want to point it out that the game is not pre-set for a controller. Maybe I am just used to games supporting the Xbox controller out of the box. You can rebind the keyboard and controller controls.

*hug*

Is Destiny a fun game?

*big happy hug for Moonshine*

Still downloading.

moonshineshadow: I don't know what that is, I only accept hugs ;-)

*big return hug* I am doing ok. Slight problem with pain in my neck but the weather is better since the sun did not come out today, so it cooled down now to 20°C *yeah*
THis is a rerorerorero.
Well, shit. The "this is a bad idea because I'll eventually want to put my foot through the monitor when I permanently lose a strong character" casualty list has its first victim.

One solid dogpile and my barbarian went down like a sack of shit as she was torn to pieces.

Another thing I'm liking is that I actually can up the difficulty initially. More risk, but more money and XP.
Only, I have to weigh that against the frustration and time loss if I overestimate my ability and get someone killed.
ddickinson: That would be an interesting job. Would you be willing to move if they offered you the job?
That's the question ain't it?

If it were in their Ireland branch, sure I'd jump to it in a heartbeat, I have no problem with the language. But France?

'Sides I think I have about as many chances at getting it as I have at winning the lottery.

ElTerprise: Good evening.
That sounds really interesting. Good luck with it :)
But learning shouldn't be that difficult when speaking spanish - right?
It's an entirely different language with a different grammar. You soon find out that the similarities from both being romance languages, lead more to false friends mishaps, than understanding.

Although while I was studying french at high school, I found that in those cases where french was completely unrelated to its spanish equivalent, I seemed to find a passing resemblance to the english one.

And some that were entirely gauloise with not relation to anything.

Also I forgot where all the accents go. Or why they have 3 of them.
moonshineshadow: I don't know what that is, I only accept hugs ;-)

l0rdtr3k: THis is a rerorerorero.
No clicking youtube stuff. So I stay with only accepting hugs :P
ddickinson: I am very sorry to hear about the pain in your neck, I hope it is nothing serious and will be better soon.
*big get well soon comforting hug*

I am glad to hear my attempts to send some of the cooler weather has worked :-). Hopefully it will stay nice and cool for you so you can get some sleep.

*more hugs*

Ah, so the jumping sensitivity is a known thing? I am sure it just takes a bit of time to get used to.

Luckily there are not too many controls, but it would be nice to actually know what they are so you know what to map where for easy access etc.

But I love the hand drawn look to it, it's definitely a very beautifully presented platformer, and looks so much better than all the 2D "retro" styles ones that seem to dominate the platformer market these days.
I'm not sure about but i read about it somewhere...
Yes indeed. I mean why not use the standard Xbox 360 buttons...
It's definitely no PIxel-art game. The art-style was the reason it got my attention. It looks really beautiful.
CarrionCrow: Well, shit. The "this is a bad idea because I'll eventually want to put my foot through the monitor when I permanently lose a strong character" casualty list has its first victim.

One solid dogpile and my barbarian went down like a sack of shit as she was torn to pieces.

Another thing I'm liking is that I actually can up the difficulty initially. More risk, but more money and XP.
Only, I have to weigh that against the frustration and time loss if I overestimate my ability and get someone killed.
Berserker raging at the screen one of life's simple yet most cathartic pleasures.

Hrrrm and I've realized that even such simple pleasure is denied to me most of the time. Worst of all she doesn't realize that by complaining when I'm in the middle of it, my ire switches targets.

She should try baiting bears it'd be safer for both of us.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by j0ekerr
l0rdtr3k: Still downloading.
Does it have a big file size?

CarrionCrow: Well, shit. The "this is a bad idea because I'll eventually want to put my foot through the monitor when I permanently lose a strong character" casualty list has its first victim.

How are you enjoying the game overall? I have played the first two Diablo games, but was never really interested in the third, partly due to the DRM, and partly due to me not really liking Blizzard games these days.

j0ekerr: That's the question ain't it?

If it were in their Ireland branch, sure I'd jump to it in a heartbeat, I have no problem with the language. But France?

'Sides I think I have about as many chances at getting it as I have at winning the lottery.
You have nothing to lose from applying. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, it would be a lovely job if you managed to get it. I guess being in France could hamper things, but what do you have to lose? All they can say is no, and at least you will have given it a shot.
j0ekerr: It's an entirely different language with a different grammar. You soon find out that the similarities from both being romance languages, lead more to false friends mishaps, than understanding.

Although while I was studying french at high school, I found that in those cases where french was completely unrelated to its spanish equivalent, I seemed to find a passing resemblance to the english one.

And some that were entirely gauloise with not relation to anything.

Also I forgot where all the accents go. Or why they have 3 of them.
I know spanish and french are both romance languages and they told us in school that is easier to learn spanish when you know french. That's all i know. Interesting that they false information about it in school. Not that i'm overly surprised but nonetheless...
ddickinson: Does it have a big file size?

How are you enjoying the game overall? I have played the first two Diablo games, but was never really interested in the third, partly due to the DRM, and partly due to me not really liking Blizzard games these days.

You have nothing to lose from applying. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, it would be a lovely job if you managed to get it. I guess being in France could hamper things, but what do you have to lose? All they can say is no, and at least you will have given it a shot.
About 7GB.
ElTerprise: I know spanish and french are both romance languages and they told us in school that is easier to learn spanish when you know french. That's all i know. Interesting that they false information about it in school. Not that i'm overly surprised but nonetheless...
*latches onto Rayman*Hug or rerorerorero?
Post edited July 09, 2015 by l0rdtr3k

Whoa that went fast...
l0rdtr3k: About 7GB.
*latches onto Rayman*Hug or rerorerorero?
Well i'd prefer a *big hug* :)
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: I'm not sure about but i read about it somewhere...
Yes indeed. I mean why not use the standard Xbox 360 buttons...
It's definitely no PIxel-art game. The art-style was the reason it got my attention. It looks really beautiful.
It looks and runs very smoothly at 1080p as well (so far), and the music and ambience seem quite good. I am still only early in the game, so only time will tell if the game will keep up its charm and lovely atmosphere.

l0rdtr3k: About 7GB.
Do you have long to wait before you can try the game?
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ddickinson