It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm back :D
And broke ^^ but happy !!! \o/
GreenDamsel: Good morning.

What genre of music does your friend create?
And it's a lovely morning here as well. Rain, Thunder and Lightning. All I could ask for.
akhliber: It's an old friend I used to exchange music with regularly. We made music together briefly before I moved, then started recording our own "soundscapes" of sort and sending them to each other. As for genre, we both knew very little about music technically, so it was more about discovery of sound, and the results would I guess be considered psychedelic? Highly influenced by things like Syd Barrett, Experimental Audio Research, Flying Saucer Attack. Mostly minimal in structure and very experimental, often quite clumsy (well, mine was... he's actually gotten quite good from the sound of this.) :)
My reaction was pretty much along the lines of this
LaPtiteBete: I'm back :D
Did you go shopping?
Post edited July 08, 2015 by GreenDamsel
GreenDamsel: Did you go shopping?
Yes. I had a mission. >:-|
To buy a gift card in a baby clothes shop. But send a random mom (me) in a baby clothes shop, during sales... it's kinda risky... well. And I also bought a folding bed, but I needed one. :-)
LaPtiteBete: I'm back :D
Give me a hug?It's cold here and I want to get warm.
... I thought the chat system was fixed, but it's broken again, and no angry F5 seems to work..... ):-| pfffff....

l0rdtr3k: Give me a hug?It's cold here and I want to get warm.
**Happy warm hug**
How are you, blob ? how is your ankle ? (and what did your doctor say ?)
akhliber: It's an old friend I used to exchange music with regularly. We made music together briefly before I moved, then started recording our own "soundscapes" of sort and sending them to each other. As for genre, we both knew very little about music technically, so it was more about discovery of sound, and the results would I guess be considered psychedelic? Highly influenced by things like Syd Barrett, Experimental Audio Research, Flying Saucer Attack. Mostly minimal in structure and very experimental, often quite clumsy (well, mine was... he's actually gotten quite good from the sound of this.) :)
Good afternoon, akhliber !
You'd get along well with a friend of mine who also does some experimental and kinda psychedelic music :)
I think N2T3 does too, on the thread :) but I can be mistaken...
How are you doing ?
Post edited July 08, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
LaPtiteBete: Yes. I had a mission. >:-|
To buy a gift card in a baby clothes shop. But send a random mom (me) in a baby clothes shop, during sales... it's kinda risky... well. And I also bought a folding bed, but I needed one. :-)
But you are not a random mom... you are Owl Rodriguez*, Supermom™
(*I don't know your last name, so I'm guessing)
Welcome back :-)
akhliber:
GreenDamsel: My reaction was pretty much along the lines of this
LaPtiteBete:
GreenDamsel:
Ha! One of my favorite scenes. I miss that show! Also, fairly accurate, as that's about how I'd expect others to react to hearing the things we'd make. ;)
LaPtiteBete: Yes. I had a mission. >:-|
AgentBirdnest: But you are not a random mom... you are Owl Rodriguez*, Supermom™
TIL that "Rodriguez" is a likely first guess for last names in France. ^^
akhliber:
LaPtiteBete: Good afternoon, akhliber !
You'd get along well with a friend of mine who also does some experimental and kinda psychedelic music :)
I think N2T3 does too, on the thread :) but I can be mistaken...
How are you doing ?
Good morning! It's been ages since I've actually made any music myself... this cd came as a very pleasant surprise (we'd fallen out of touch for several years and recently reconnected, so this is the first time I've heard new music of his in close to a decade.) :)
I've met a couple folks here on the forums who make music, and it's been really cool to get to hear some of it! I keep thinking I may get back into it myself one day, but we'll see if that happens. One day soon, perhaps. :)
I hope you are doing well! I'm having a wonderful morning. About to take Sarge for a walk and romp around the house with him some.
First, a refill of coffee! Sleepy this morning.
AgentBirdnest: But you are not a random mom... you are Owl Rodriguez*, Supermom™
Lol... Nope, it's not Rodriguez. Plus, it's your yesterday huge donkey's name ; I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that... :)
**Big happy-to-be-back hug**
GreenDamsel: TIL that "Rodriguez" is a likely first guess for last names in France. ^^
I was going to say something like that, but, who knows ; I could have had spanish origins :) ... I don't.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
GreenDamsel: TIL that "Rodriguez" is a likely first guess for last names in France. ^^
lol... in my mind, Rodriguez = exotic, and France = exotic... so... makes perfect sense :-D
LaPtiteBete: Lol... Nope, it's not Rodriguez. Plus, it's your yesterday huge donkey's name ; I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that... :)
Aw... I almost always get that right :-p
Oh, did I use it for the donkey, too? Oops... I must be in a Futurama mind lately :-) ... so you should be honoured! You must remind me of Bender n__n
**Edit hug**
Post edited July 08, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: lol... in my mind, Rodriguez = exotic, and France = exotic... so... makes perfect sense :-D
Ok now I want your first guesses for common last names in:

Spain:
Italy:
Germany:
Austria:
Denmark:
Norway:
Poland:
Belgium:
Netherlands:

Go. :D
No googling! Play fair and square.
LaPtiteBete: Lol... Nope, it's not Rodriguez. Plus, it's your yesterday huge donkey's name ; I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that... :)
LaPtiteBete: I was going to say something like that, but, who knows ; I could have had spanish origins :) ... I don't.
Let's guess owl's last name! WEEE! :D

My guesses:

1.) Bonaparte

2.) du Gaulle

3.) de Funés

4.) Depardieu

5.) Escargot

6.) Omelette au fromage
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Soccorro
GreenDamsel: Ok now I want your first guesses for common last names in:
Spain: probably Rodriguez
Italy: definitely Rodriguez
Germany: Rodriechezstein
Austria: Rodriguez
Denmark: What the pluck is "Denmark"? Never heard of it.
Norway: Rogenrigof
Poland: Rodriguezki
Belgium: Rodriguez
Netherlands: Symmetry (I only know of one person there) :-)
I'm starting to grow attached to my Jethro Tull avatar :D

Good morning