It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Whoa....sorry to hear that. Hope that you'll better soon *get better hug* :)

I'm doing fine only having some neckpain....
Sorry to hear that... and thank you :-)
LaPtiteBete: Yes, coffee is a bit vasodilator... that's why it's not recommanded to drink much coffee when it's very hot outside either :) (that'll make you even more hot). Tea is fine, though...
Ho, I thought it was numbers... I, II, III, IV, V... :D
Barefoot just updated without I had to do anything... must have heard me õ__ô ...
... Hum... looks like a storm is coming... it's dark and windy, and we have lots of short power cuts on our server... luckily the tuninterruptible power supply takes over... :-\
I had to Oogle "vasolisdugadatorgator" or whatever that was... you know more words than me :"| ... well, maybe I'll try some tea then. I don't usually have any, but my hippy physician gave us some tea yesterday when my brother randomly ran into her.
Ah... Roman numerals... Certainly very easy to mix that up. I guess I should have added some periods :-)
A storm? Hopefully you won't be left in the dark ',',:-|

(... sorry to everyone if I reply extra slowly today. It's getting a bit hard for me to pay attention +__o ... It's not because you people are boring, don't worry ;-))
Post edited July 08, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
ElTerprise: Yes that was quick :D
Glad to hear that.
I'm doing fine - aside from some neckpain...
Too much cycling ?.... ô__ô
Hum, sorry about that... I hope it will pass quickly...
GreenDamsel: I love storms. So I'm quite happy with this at the moment. But I expect the weather to betray me. After last week, I just can't trust it anymore.

Spellforce 2 is not as good as the first one in my opinion. But it is still good and quite entertaining. Takes a long time to finish though. I'm playing it myself at the moment on my big rig and Spellforce 1 is installed on my laptop.
I find myself just skipping the sidequests though, because the whole thing is just vast to some degree, with a lot of travelling back and forth for many sidequests.
Just do the main story and you should find it worth your time.
I love storms too, but not everyday, I like enjoying some sunlight from time to time too... :-)
The weather betrayed you ?! >:-|
Spellforce 2 looks nice... Would you recommand to play the first one before, or are the stories completely unrelated ?... I'm not very used to these kind of games, the only "fantasy" ones I played were Baldur's Gate and Heroes of Mighht and Magic (not the same kind at all)...
Post edited July 08, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
GreenDamsel: What did you do?
Don't know...

AgentBirdnest: Sorry to hear that... and thank you :-)
Thank you...will be gone soon i think / hope :)

LaPtiteBete: Too much cycling ?.... ô__ô
No. See above. And thank you :)
AgentBirdnest: I had to Oogle "vasolisdugadatorgator" or whatever that was... you know more words than me :"| ... well, maybe I'll try some tea then. I don't usually have any, but my hippy physician gave us some tea yesterday when my brother randomly ran into her.
Ah... Roman numerals... Certainly very easy to mix that up. I guess I should have added some periods :-)
A storm? Hopefully you won't be left in the dark ',',:-|

(... sorry to everyone if I reply extra slowly today. It's getting a bit hard for me to pay attention +__o ... It's not because you people are boring, don't worry ;-))
Lol... sorry... health stuff is quite a big part of my work, even if I'm more specialized in the Environmental field now... Tea ? nice... what flavour is it ? (or what kind of tea : green, black, white... ?)
I surely wouldn't have mistaken with the periods ;-p
Well, if I'm in the dark, I go back home, tant pis !! \o/
(I don't think you're slow... and anyway, don't worry about it !! no hurry...) :-)
As a sidenote, the first symphony is going up :p

How are you all doing? Good I hope?
LaPtiteBete: Lol... sorry... health stuff is quite a big part of my work, even if I'm more specialized in the Environmental field now... Tea ? nice... what flavour is it ? (or what kind of tea : green, black, white... ?)
I surely wouldn't have mistaken with the periods ;-p
Well, if I'm in the dark, I go back home, tant pis !! \o/
(I don't think you're slow... and anyway, don't worry about it !! no hurry...) :-)
Don't be sorry :-) You should be a doctor... All the doctors in my town suck donkeys... They don't seem to care about people much, which is kinda an important trait for doctors, in my opinion at least :-p
Oh, well in that case, I hope you are left in the dark, so you get to go home :-D
I certainly feel slow... as Anthony would say, "I got to got to gotta take it slow..." ;-)
*passes out on keyboard*
ElTerprise: Yes that was quick :D
Glad to hear that.
I'm doing fine - aside from some neckpain...
LaPtiteBete: Too much cycling ?.... ô__ô
GreenDamsel: I love storms. So I'm quite happy with this at the moment. But I expect the weather to betray me. After last week, I just can't trust it anymore.

Spellforce 2 is not as good as the first one in my opinion. But it is still good and quite entertaining. Takes a long time to finish though. I'm playing it myself at the moment on my big rig and Spellforce 1 is installed on my laptop.
I find myself just skipping the sidequests though, because the whole thing is just vast to some degree, with a lot of travelling back and forth for many sidequests.
Just do the main story and you should find it worth your time.
LaPtiteBete: I love storms too, but not everyday, I like enjoying some sunlight from time to time too... :-)
The weather betrayed you ?! >:-|
Spellforce 2 looks nice... Would you recommand to play the first one before, or are the stories completely unrelated ?... I'm not very used to these kind of games, the only "fantasy" ones I played were Baldur's Gate and Heroes of Mighht and Magic (not the same kind at all)...
Spellforce is its own genre in my opinion. Coming closest to Warcraft 3, because you have to manage your hero abilities during combat as well.
The story in 1 is definitely more intriguing than in 2, imho, but they are almost completely unrelated. They reference it ones. The first is about so called rune warriors fighting to save the world from corruption and the second starts years later with a race of people trying to save themselves. You meet a rune warrior in Spellforce 2 once, so far, and he doesn't say any relevant stuff.
So yeah Tl;dr: Not connected.

You can relieve some management stress when you set your heroes to auto learn their spells and how they develop. You'll usually get the old archetypes out of it and that's all you need to progress.

I'd recommend playing the first one regardless of if the stories are connected. It was in my opinion the better strategy experience. Further zoom-out, more abilities, more interesting army development, in general a more difficult game, more dynamic map interaction (suddenly a giant appears is attacked by undead and when you get to him in 5 minutes and save him he helps you find a shorter way to the enemy base).
Spellforce 2 was more streamlined and is easier to play, but I find it to lack depth and variability. I always build the same units, cast the same spells and bumrush through the maps. I basically only play it to see how the story develops and in general what maps I get to see.
Because the map and mission design in both games is quite amazing.

But Spellforce 1 was and always will be the "hidden gem" (That's how I found it: In a printed magazine back in 2003(?) in just one short column as "Hidden gem from Germany. A RPG/Strategy mix that you didn't know about!" or something like that)
Vnlr: As a sidenote, the first symphony is going up :p

Hello, Vnlr !!
How are you doing ? :)
So, you'll invite us soon to discover your symphony ? :D
AgentBirdnest: Don't be sorry :-) You should be a doctor... All the doctors in my town suck donkeys... They don't seem to care about people much, which is kinda an important trait for doctors, in my opinion at least :-p
Oh, well in that case, I hope you are left in the dark, so you get to go home :-D
I certainly feel slow... as Anthony would say, "I got to got to gotta take it slow..." ;-)
*passes out on keyboard*
Hum, no, I couldn't be a doctor :)
It consumes too much time and energy...
Hum... maybe you should take some rest... passing out on youor keyboard won't help much !... :-\
GreenDamsel: Spellforce is its own genre in my opinion. Coming closest to Warcraft 3, because you have to manage your hero abilities during combat as well.
The story in 1 is definitely more intriguing than in 2, imho, but they are almost completely unrelated. They reference it ones. The first is about so called rune warriors fighting to save the world from corruption and the second starts years later with a race of people trying to save themselves. You meet a rune warrior in Spellforce 2 once, so far, and he doesn't say any relevant stuff.
So yeah Tl;dr: Not connected.

You can relieve some management stress when you set your heroes to auto learn their spells and how they develop. You'll usually get the old archetypes out of it and that's all you need to progress.

I'd recommend playing the first one regardless of if the stories are connected. It was in my opinion the better strategy experience. Further zoom-out, more abilities, more interesting army development, in general a more difficult game, more dynamic map interaction (suddenly a giant appears is attacked by undead and when you get to him in 5 minutes and save him he helps you find a shorter way to the enemy base).
Spellforce 2 was more streamlined and is easier to play, but I find it to lack depth and variability. I always build the same units, cast the same spells and bumrush through the maps. I basically only play it to see how the story develops and in general what maps I get to see.
Because the map and mission design in both games is quite amazing.

But Spellforce 1 was and always will be the "hidden gem" (That's how I found it: In a printed magazine back in 2003(?) in just one short column as "Hidden gem from Germany. A RPG/Strategy mix that you didn't know about!" or something like that)
Wow, thank you for this very complete and interesting review !!
(I don't know Warcraft III... I played the II, though... in 2D !)
Ok, so... even if it's not "needed" to understand the story, I should play the 1st one firstly, I take note. It definitely sounds really good, even better than the 2... (I was about to add it on my wishlist, but I see that I already own it !! \o/ woohoo !! awesome... I really should buy less games, I can't even remember which ones I have or not ^^)... Well, thanks for all the useful information !! :-)
Vnlr: As a sidenote, the first symphony is going up :p

LaPtiteBete:
Yes, the symphony is up ... 880 measures of tough work (about 50 minutes of music). So, let's wait and see what people think of it ;)

It's just over at soundcloud "Vnlr", right at the top.

It's become rather dirty weather over here, seems like the plants are going to get a good shower
LaPtiteBete: Wow, thank you for this very complete and interesting review !!
(I don't know Warcraft III... I played the II, though... in 2D !)
Ok, so... even if it's not "needed" to understand the story, I should play the 1st one firstly, I take note. It definitely sounds really good, even better than the 2... (I was about to add it on my wishlist, but I see that I already own it !! \o/ woohoo !! awesome... I really should buy less games, I can't even remember which ones I have or not ^^)... Well, thanks for all the useful information !! :-)
T'was a pleasure.
Remember: The three games, where I usually won't stop talking: Spellforce. Sacred. Anything Warcraft (Either why Warcraft 3 was amazing or why WoW gargles horse genitalia).
Post edited July 08, 2015 by GreenDamsel
Alright everyone. I'm off to university. See you all later!
Vnlr: Yes, the symphony is up ... 880 measures of tough work (about 50 minutes of music). So, let's wait and see what people think of it ;)

It's just over at soundcloud "Vnlr", right at the top.

It's become rather dirty weather over here, seems like the plants are going to get a good shower
**Listening carefully to your symphony**
Yes, here too... I'm pretty sure it will start to rain heavily just when I have to go out and do some shopping >:-| and of course I don't have any umbrella... (which wouldn't have helped because of the wind... but I haven't any sweater or coat either...)

GreenDamsel: T'was a pleasure.
Remember: The three games, where I usually won't stop talking: Spellforce. Sacred. Anything Warcraft (Either why Warcraft 3 was amazing or why WoW gargles horse genitalia).
I don't know Sacred either... Is Warcraft 3 a MORPG, or is it only WOW (which "gargles horse genitalia" ^^ hahah !!)... I can't remember... (don't hit me).
ElTerprise: Alright everyone. I'm off to university. See you all later!
See you later, ElT !!
Bon courage pour tes derniers cours ! ;-)
**Big hug**
ElTerprise: Alright everyone. I'm off to university. See you all later!
best of luck!

And for those who care, I made my tracks downloadable (only figured out now how to do that) ;)
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Vnlr
GreenDamsel: T'was a pleasure.
LaPtiteBete: I don't know Sacred either... Is Warcraft 3 a MORPG, or is it only WOW (which "gargles horse genitalia" ^^ hahah !!)... I can't remember... (don't hit me).
Sacred is a really funny Diablo-Clone made by Ascaron. But it's a non-serious game wearing the coat of a serious game. Which means you can play through the whole clichée fantasy story without noticing anything over the top funny.
But then you wander across a graveyard and read inscriptions like "The Magicians' Guild thanks the family, particular the wife and children, for donating this guinea pig." or "'Eat only the red berries, not the yellow ones' Alas, he did not know his followers were all colorblind". Aside from that you could max out the explosive arrow from the wood elf archer character and you overkilled someone by 50% they would explode in gore and the pieces would fly around everywhere in hilariously clunky animations.

Warcraft 3 was the last RTS entry in the series. Only WoW is the MMORPG.
Vnlr: And for those who care, I made my tracks downloadable (only figured out now how to do that) ;)
Thanks for sharing !!
Have you already played some of your work for orchestra musicians... to get some professional opinions on it ? :)
GreenDamsel: Sacred is a really funny Diablo-Clone made by Ascaron. But it's a non-serious game wearing the coat of a serious game. Which means you can play through the whole clichée fantasy story without noticing anything over the top funny.
But then you wander across a graveyard and read inscriptions like "The Magicians' Guild thanks the family, particular the wife and children, for donating this guinea pig." or "'Eat only the red berries, not the yellow ones' Alas, he did not know his followers were all colorblind". Aside from that you could max out the explosive arrow from the wood elf archer character and you overkilled someone by 50% they would explode in gore and the pieces would fly around everywhere in hilariously clunky animations.

Warcraft 3 was the last RTS entry in the series. Only WoW is the MMORPG.
I didn't know Sacred series had this "funny" side :) sound interesting too...
Good point ; MMORPG are not appealing to me anyway :)