It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: That's not entirely true. (Grocery) stores in Railway stations are open...

Generally i would agree but that's not always possible. I really appreciate that the grocery stores in the railway stations are open when i was travelling on sundays...
EndreWhiteMane: And now the whole question gets sticky anyway, how about the employees of the rail line?
That was the biggest issue here, where do you draw the line as to what is a 'necessary service'?
Rail lines and emergency services but not food?
After food it was what, not clothing?
I think everyone pretty much said screw it. :-)
I don't see how it is sticky.
Everything around travel continues working on Sundays, due to the reality of Germany's place on the map in the middle of Europe (every truck and train passes through Germany).
You can buy food at gas stations at double the usual price.

I don't see how "everyone pretty much said screw it"

Why would you need clothing on one day as an emergency? And sure. You ruin a dress or whatever and have to replace it. Bad luck. Maybe not ruin your clothes on a Sunday or just drive home and pick something else.
GreenDamsel: And in gas stations as well. But they don't usually count as grocery shops I'd say.
Plus it's almost double the price usually at those places.
Well i was at a REWE in Berlin Ostbahnhof on a sunday and it's prices we only slightly above the usual prices but i know an EDEKA from Hamburg Central Stations which definitely has those prices....

EndreWhiteMane: And now the whole question gets sticky anyway, how about the employees of the rail line?
That was the biggest issue here, where do you draw the line as to what is a 'necessary service'?
Rail lines and emergency services but not food?
After food it was what, not clothing?
I think everyone pretty much said screw it. :-)
Well that's why i said earlier that a free day for everyone is not realisable and that i'm in favour of some sort of sunday shopping if only for grocery...
ddickinson: Good evening! *return hug*

Glad to hear you are doing good. How is the heat?

I am doing great, thank you. I had a lovely weekend.
Glad to hear that :)
It's a bit better now after some soft of a thunderstorm this evening...
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ElTerprise
GreenDamsel: Well there's a reason for why I don't want to live in the USA.
I prefer our way. People need guidance. The state should set a solid frame for living in and as a community.
Same as I never understood why Americans complain so much about the few taxes they have to pay. In the end everyone profits from it.
And no I am not a communist.^^
CarrionCrow: Being guided by people I consider idiots never strikes me as preferable.

I have no desire whatsoever to be told what I should be doing, or when I should be doing it.
If I want to socialize, that'll be on my terms. If I don't, that's also my choice.

Being led around by the nose by self-absorbed, power-mad politicians or psychotic control freak zealots isn't my idea of a good time.
Not to mention that most people in a community, I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
And those are the people I'm supposed to be associated with? Fuck that in both eyes.
Oh wow. I'm sorry, but I really don't know how to respond to such an angry statement.
(Well, I do. But courtesy forbids me to do so.)
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that :)
It's a bit better now after some soft of a thunderstorm this evening...
We had quite a big thunderstorm here, as well as some heavy rain. Luckily it did not make things hotter, and it seems to have done a good job cooling things down.
moonshineshadow: *big hug*
I would say it is more like gentlemen talking and lurkers just being around ;-)
Did you have a nice weekend?
ddickinson: Thank god there is another lady around here. This place was starting to look like a man-cave. :-)

Good evening, lovely Moonshine!
How are you, have you had a nice weekend?
I had an awesome weekend, full of lots of fun things. Today has been lovely, nice and sunny, but with a nice cold breeze to keep it nice and cool. We had some thunderstorms, but not until the evening, so it did not spoil my lovely country walk and picnic.
*big weekend hug*
My weekend was ok, nothing special. Would have been even better if not for the heat ;-) So please sent some of the thunderstorms over to my place :P
ddickinson: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

Well, it would seem only gentlemen. Quite the sausage fest in here. :-)

How are you all doing tonight? I hope you have all had a lovely weekend?

*weekend hugs and some very silly waves*
"sausage fest"

WOW! DD! Language! >:(
ddickinson: Good evening!

Was they fresh sausages with good old intestine casings, or the artificial casings many use now (just curious)?

I am glad to hear the weather is getting better for you. It's not been too bad here, the last few days have been hot, but not too hot, and there has been a wonderful breeze lately that has kept everything nice and cool. The nights are even cooler, so none of these warm stuffy nights keeping me awake,

My weekend has been lovely, thank you. Today has been one of those days where it seemed to go on for ages, which I loved, as me and my partner did so much and had a lovely day.

Have you had a good weekend? How did your 4th of July go?
They were artificial, I think. Would need to pick some up from the local butcher to get items without some kind of synthetic component.

Glad to hear it regarding the weather. Stifling heat when working is bad enough, but it's even worse when you're unable to sleep due to it.

Time perception worked on your favor. Always happy to hear when you're having such a pleasant time.

The weekend's been fine here. Better weather, got my tech problem fixed, generally quiet overall.
The 4th was a non-event. If I cared a lot about pretty flames, I'd spend more time learning to be an arsonist.
Even if I did care, it ended up raining. So much better than standing around uncomfortably while people set off explosives.
ddickinson: We had quite a big thunderstorm here, as well as some heavy rain. Luckily it did not make things hotter, and it seems to have done a good job cooling things down.
Can you send it to Hamburg, please? :)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ElTerprise
moonshineshadow: My weekend was ok, nothing special. Would have been even better if not for the heat ;-) So please sent some of the thunderstorms over to my place :P
If I could I would send you this lovely breeze. The heat has been no problem thanks to the breeze. Is the weather any better, or has it got worse as the week progressed? Here it was bad at the beginning of the week, but since mid-week it has not been too bad and seems to be getting cooler.

Now that I think about it, it could be your own fault. I seem to recall you asking for my sun a while ago, and I guess you are getting it now, along with the heat. :-)
low rated
this week, my blood and sweat are 100 proof.
moonshineshadow: My weekend was ok, nothing special. Would have been even better if not for the heat ;-) So please sent some of the thunderstorms over to my place :P
ddickinson: If I could I would send you this lovely breeze. The heat has been no problem thanks to the breeze. Is the weather any better, or has it got worse as the week progressed? Here it was bad at the beginning of the week, but since mid-week it has not been too bad and seems to be getting cooler.

Now that I think about it, it could be your own fault. I seem to recall you asking for my sun a while ago, and I guess you are getting it now, along with the heat. :-)
The weather was always over 30°C the last days. According to the weather report it should rain on Wednesday and cool down to 25°C before it goes back to over thirty by next Friday. I really hope the weather report is wrong :D
And yeah, perhaps I should be a bit more specific next time: sun but not too warm :P
Well, crap. Shot for a dozen games and ended up with 63. So much for restraint. -laughs-
EndreWhiteMane: Hi DD! :-)
ddickinson: Hello, Endre!

How are you today? Did you have a lovely 4th of July?
Nice 4th, I can see a lot of the fireworks from my front porch.
I only set off ONE firecracker of my own.
It was, well, kind of a big one. Just one though. :-)
CarrionCrow: Well, crap. Shot for a dozen games and ended up with 63. So much for restraint. -laughs-
Whoa....on what sale?
low rated
ddickinson: Hello, Endre!

How are you today? Did you have a lovely 4th of July?
EndreWhiteMane: Nice 4th, I can see a lot of the fireworks from my front porch.
I only set off ONE firecracker of my own.
It was, well, kind of a big one. Just one though. :-)
I didn't light anything but did make a lot of beer cans a lot lighter.