It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: That is below normal? Uh ok. Here normally the temperature is 25-28°C in July, which is why this heatwave at the moment is a bit exhausting :D
EndreWhiteMane: 25 would be very nice, and we get some of those days too.
It's the 35-37 degrees in August that wipe me out, July is just training for August.
Oh wow. I don't even want to imagine that. Normally here the temperature stays under thirty degrees, with only sometimes a few hotter days. The news are already saying it is an exceptional warm summer this year due to this heatwave.

ddickinson: Don't worry, Moon is very generous, I am sure she would share. :-)
ElTerprise: I know.. :)
The storm could just make a stop at your place on the way down to Switzerland, it is on the way ;-)
ddickinson: It must be hard though, predicting the weather. While you can use weather patters, they can't see the future. I think they just need to word things better and not act like they are fortune tellers.

Do you know where you got the virus from?

I am glad to hear you had a peaceful weekend, those are always nice. I am not always a fan of large gatherings, but then I am just a simple country girl, I have simple tastes. :-)
That would help. Setting yourself up as someone with all the answers makes people more disappointed when they see that you don't.

Random web browsing. Got a scam screen saying the FBI was after me, but that they'd back off if I sent them 500 dollars. -laughs-

Not sure if being a simple country girl has anything to do with it. I just think they're generally unpleasant wastes of time.
Had anyone played Influx? I was playing a few games over the weekend (bit of Tengami, Where is my Heart?, and some more Lego Batman), but I also tried Influx, and I must say, it runs horribly. I more than met the minimum specs, yet it took ages to load, and kept freezing, and it seems other have a similar problem. It seems it is very poorly optimised. I just gave up on it. While it looks okay, I have played much better looking games that ran perfectly smooth. I was just curious if anyone else had had this problem with Influx?
ElTerprise: Alright :)
Which reminds me to continue with backing up the games gog. And i realised that i need to add the games from Humble as well....
Any preferences so far?
Not sure yet. What I picked looked good at a glance as I went through the 900+ I have stored.

I could pick something now, but it could change at the spur of the moment.

I know I want to play Original Sin and Wasteland 2, but those have prequels to get through first.
I want to play D4, but it seems wrong to do that when I haven't done Deadly Premonition yet.
low rated
I still need wasteland 2. Been a huge fan of the first one for years upon years.
CarrionCrow: That would help. Setting yourself up as someone with all the answers makes people more disappointed when they see that you don't.

Random web browsing. Got a scam screen saying the FBI was after me, but that they'd back off if I sent them 500 dollars. -laughs-

Not sure if being a simple country girl has anything to do with it. I just think they're generally unpleasant wastes of time.
The strange thing is that some of the weather men during the medieval days were quite accurate, so it makes you wonder why they need all the equipment these days. :-)

Is that a virus then, or just a popup? I guess a virus, as you don't hit me as a person who would fall for a popup.

I was only joking about the country girl bit, although I am not a fan of big cities and overly crowded events. I prefer things a lot more relaxed, pleasant, and friendly.

moonshineshadow: Oh wow. I don't even want to imagine that. Normally here the temperature stays under thirty degrees, with only sometimes a few hotter days. The news are already saying it is an exceptional warm summer this year due to this heatwave.
You don't want to imagine Endre in his mankini keeping cool in the 37 degrees heat? Why not, he looks so cute in it. :-)

(I do wonder, while we joke about the mankini, do men ever actually wear it for real and not just for the comical effect?)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Had anyone played Influx? I was playing a few games over the weekend (bit of Tengami, Where is my Heart?, and some more Lego Batman), but I also tried Influx, and I must say, it runs horribly. I more than met the minimum specs, yet it took ages to load, and kept freezing, and it seems other have a similar problem. It seems it is very poorly optimised. I just gave up on it. While it looks okay, I have played much better looking games that ran perfectly smooth. I was just curious if anyone else had had this problem with Influx?
What video card? It does say that ATI onboard is not supported.
Sounds very much like a video issue.
moonshineshadow: Oh wow. I don't even want to imagine that. Normally here the temperature stays under thirty degrees, with only sometimes a few hotter days. The news are already saying it is an exceptional warm summer this year due to this heatwave.
ddickinson: You don't want to imagine Endre in his mankini keeping cool in the 37 degrees heat? Why not, he looks so cute in it. :-)

(I do wonder, while we joke about the mankini, do men ever actually wear it for real and not just for the comical effect?)
Good argument ;-)
But seriously, I hope no one wears these things voluntarily they look just ridiculous.
EndreWhiteMane: What video card? It does say that ATI onboard is not supported.
Ah, that could be it, but I am not sure if it an onboard card or stand alone card, but it is an ATI card. I don't really mind, I got the game as a mystery game during the mutator promo, and I was just curious to give it a try.

moonshineshadow: Good argument ;-)
But seriously, I hope no one wears these things voluntarily they look just ridiculous.
They have a female version as well, but I guess those would not be called mankinis. :-)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ddickinson
EndreWhiteMane: What video card? It does say that ATI onboard is not supported.
ddickinson: Ah, that could be it, but I am not sure if it an onboard card or stand alone card, but it is an ATI card. I don't really mind, I got the game as a mystery game during the mutator promo, and I was just curious to give it a try.

ddickinson: They have a female version as well, but I guess those would not be called mankinis. :-)
Those are called slingshot bikinis :)
ddickinson: The strange thing is that some of the weather men during the medieval days were quite accurate, so it makes you wonder why they need all the equipment these days. :-)

Is that a virus then, or just a popup? I guess a virus, as you don't hit me as a person who would fall for a popup.

That's a good question. If I were in that business, I'd be inclined to check the older methods, just to get a feel for things beyond the strictly technological.

From what I've read, it's definitely a virus when it works as intended. It will lock you out of your computer until you manage to wipe it out.

Male here, and there's no way I'd ever wear such a thing, either seriously or as a joke.
ddickinson: You don't want to imagine Endre in his mankini keeping cool in the 37 degrees heat? Why not, he looks so cute in it. :-)

And they're really uncomfortable too, Of course DD got me one size too small......
Soccorro: Those are called slingshot bikinis :)
I see. Some people wear the most bizarre things on the beach. :-)
low rated
mankini's are the moment I step out. lol
Soccorro: Those are called slingshot bikinis :)
ddickinson: I see. Some people wear the most bizarre things on the beach. :-)
better than nothing i guess...