It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: If I could I would send you this lovely breeze. The heat has been no problem thanks to the breeze. Is the weather any better, or has it got worse as the week progressed? Here it was bad at the beginning of the week, but since mid-week it has not been too bad and seems to be getting cooler.

Now that I think about it, it could be your own fault. I seem to recall you asking for my sun a while ago, and I guess you are getting it now, along with the heat. :-)
moonshineshadow: The weather was always over 30°C the last days. According to the weather report it should rain on Wednesday and cool down to 25°C before it goes back to over thirty by next Friday. I really hope the weather report is wrong :D
And yeah, perhaps I should be a bit more specific next time: sun but not too warm :P
You must have generally pretty nice weather there.
It's 31C here with 66% humidity and I'm fairly comfortable. Actually that's a bit below normal for a July afternoon.
Soccorro: "sausage fest"

WOW! DD! Language! >:(
Language? English, of course. :-)

But why the angry sad face? Sausage fest means:

"sausage fest (plural sausage fests) (slang, derisive) A party or gathering where the vast majority of the people are male."

How is that bad language?

CarrionCrow: They were artificial, I think. Would need to pick some up from the local butcher to get items without some kind of synthetic component.

Glad to hear it regarding the weather. Stifling heat when working is bad enough, but it's even worse when you're unable to sleep due to it.

Time perception worked on your favor. Always happy to hear when you're having such a pleasant time.

The weekend's been fine here. Better weather, got my tech problem fixed, generally quiet overall.
The 4th was a non-event. If I cared a lot about pretty flames, I'd spend more time learning to be an arsonist.
Even if I did care, it ended up raining. So much better than standing around uncomfortably while people set off explosives.
I was just curious due to the thickness. Real casings can be quite tough, if they are not stretched enough, but some of the artificial ones can be like rubber.

Are you due to have some better weather for a while now, or is this current patch of better weather just a temporary thing?

I only skimmed the thread, but it seems you had a virus, sounds nasty. I am glad that you seem to have it sorted now, although I imagine it was a headache to get sorted.

I am glad to hear you had a fine weekend, even if you did not enjoy any of the festivities. It seems that many on the forum just prefer a quiet time over the stereotypical (as in what the movies show) 4th of July celebrations.

ElTerprise: Can you send it to Hamburg, please? :)
You would have to ask Moon, I will be sending it to her first. And she might decide to keep it all for herself. :-)
ddickinson: You would have to ask Moon, I will be sending it to her first. And she might decide to keep it all for herself. :-)
Ah...ok...well she deserve it more than me as i assume that it was hotter in the Switzerland than here...
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: Well, crap. Shot for a dozen games and ended up with 63. So much for restraint. -laughs-
ElTerprise: Whoa....on what sale?
I'll clarify. I was thinking of putting maybe a dozen games back on my computer, but after I skimmed through the archive, I ended up putting 63 back instead.

If we're talking game purchases, that'd be last month. Think I did around 85 between promos and the big sale.
EndreWhiteMane: Nice 4th, I can see a lot of the fireworks from my front porch.
I only set off ONE firecracker of my own.
It was, well, kind of a big one. Just one though. :-)
pimpmonkey2382.313: I didn't light anything but did make a lot of beer cans a lot lighter.
A few firecrackers and you could shoot those way in the air. :-)
Soccorro: "sausage fest"

WOW! DD! Language! >:(
ddickinson: Language? English, of course. :-)

But why the angry sad face? Sausage fest means:

"sausage fest (plural sausage fests) (slang, derisive) A party or gathering where the vast majority of the people are male."

How is that bad language?

CarrionCrow: They were artificial, I think. Would need to pick some up from the local butcher to get items without some kind of synthetic component.

Glad to hear it regarding the weather. Stifling heat when working is bad enough, but it's even worse when you're unable to sleep due to it.

Time perception worked on your favor. Always happy to hear when you're having such a pleasant time.

The weekend's been fine here. Better weather, got my tech problem fixed, generally quiet overall.
The 4th was a non-event. If I cared a lot about pretty flames, I'd spend more time learning to be an arsonist.
Even if I did care, it ended up raining. So much better than standing around uncomfortably while people set off explosives.
ddickinson: I was just curious due to the thickness. Real casings can be quite tough, if they are not stretched enough, but some of the artificial ones can be like rubber.

Are you due to have some better weather for a while now, or is this current patch of better weather just a temporary thing?

I only skimmed the thread, but it seems you had a virus, sounds nasty. I am glad that you seem to have it sorted now, although I imagine it was a headache to get sorted.

I am glad to hear you had a fine weekend, even if you did not enjoy any of the festivities. It seems that many on the forum just prefer a quiet time over the stereotypical (as in what the movies show) 4th of July celebrations.

ElTerprise: Can you send it to Hamburg, please? :)
ddickinson: You would have to ask Moon, I will be sending it to her first. And she might decide to keep it all for herself. :-)
because of SAUSAGE fest... ah nevermind. *gives up*
CarrionCrow: I'll clarify. I was thinking of putting maybe a dozen games back on my computer, but after I skimmed through the archive, I ended up putting 63 back instead.

If we're talking game purchases, that'd be last month. Think I did around 85 between promos and the big sale.
Alright...misunderstood that...i was looking at the Humble sale again...that's why i thought of sales....;)

63 games installed on the PC is not bad. Good luck with choosing one though. I usually try no to have more than 6-10 games installed simultaneously...
moonshineshadow: The weather was always over 30°C the last days. According to the weather report it should rain on Wednesday and cool down to 25°C before it goes back to over thirty by next Friday. I really hope the weather report is wrong :D
And yeah, perhaps I should be a bit more specific next time: sun but not too warm :P
EndreWhiteMane: You must have generally pretty nice weather there.
It's 31C here with 66% humidity and I'm fairly comfortable. Actually that's a bit below normal for a July afternoon.
That is below normal? Uh ok. Here normally the temperature is 25-28°C in July, which is why this heatwave at the moment is a bit exhausting :D
ddickinson: I was just curious due to the thickness. Real casings can be quite tough, if they are not stretched enough, but some of the artificial ones can be like rubber.

It seems to be a general cooling trend, if the meteorologists are accurate.
I frequently think of them as drunkards playing MMO's on their computer setups, so I'm not exactly banking on their info as infallible.

It took time and some money. Could've been worse, so I'll be thankful that it got resolved relatively painlessly.

I don't typically do gatherings for any occasion, so that wasn't going to happen, regardless of what the day was.
It's been a generally peaceful weekend, that's more than sufficient for me.
I hope you will get some better soon, and that you will not be stuck with more heat waves. I am so glad it got cooler here, it was so taxing working in that heat.

Yeah, maybe be more careful what you wish for next time. :-)

EndreWhiteMane: Nice 4th, I can see a lot of the fireworks from my front porch.
I only set off ONE firecracker of my own.
It was, well, kind of a big one. Just one though. :-)
Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. I was about to ask if it was a regular firecracker, or an American firecracker, then I saw the part about it being a big one. :-)

ElTerprise: Ah...ok...well she deserve it more than me as i assume that it was hotter in the Switzerland than here...
Don't worry, Moon is very generous, I am sure she would share. :-)

Soccorro: because of SAUSAGE fest... ah nevermind. *gives up*
Good. That will teach you for having a dirty mind.
EndreWhiteMane: You must have generally pretty nice weather there.
moonshineshadow: That is below normal? Uh ok. Here normally the temperature is 25-28°C in July, which is why this heatwave at the moment is a bit exhausting :D
25 would be very nice, and we get some of those days too.
It's the 35-37 degrees in August that wipe me out, July is just training for August.
ddickinson: Don't worry, Moon is very generous, I am sure she would share. :-)
I know.. :)
ElTerprise: Alright...misunderstood that...i was looking at the Humble sale again...that's why i thought of sales....;)

63 games installed on the PC is not bad. Good luck with choosing one though. I usually try no to have more than 6-10 games installed simultaneously...
It's okay. My wording was vague.
This is much easier on my computer. Having 190 gigs of installers is better than a full terabyte.

The initial choice will be the tricky part, but my preference of doing things in chronological order will make choosing a bit easier.
CarrionCrow: It seems to be a general cooling trend, if the meteorologists are accurate.
I frequently think of them as drunkards playing MMO's on their computer setups, so I'm not exactly banking on their info as infallible.

It took time and some money. Could've been worse, so I'll be thankful that it got resolved relatively painlessly.

I don't typically do gatherings for any occasion, so that wasn't going to happen, regardless of what the day was.
It's been a generally peaceful weekend, that's more than sufficient for me.
It must be hard though, predicting the weather. While you can use weather patters, they can't see the future. I think they just need to word things better and not act like they are fortune tellers.

Do you know where you got the virus from?

I am glad to hear you had a peaceful weekend, those are always nice. I am not always a fan of large gatherings, but then I am just a simple country girl, I have simple tastes. :-)
CarrionCrow: It's okay. My wording was vague.
This is much easier on my computer. Having 190 gigs of installers is better than a full terabyte.

The initial choice will be the tricky part, but my preference of doing things in chronological order will make choosing a bit easier.
Alright :)
Which reminds me to continue with backing up the games gog. And i realised that i need to add the games from Humble as well....
Any preferences so far?