It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Any time you're forcing people to spend time together by taking all other options away, you're not exactly promoting a good thing. When people are forced, it loses any meaning.
What other options? In Germany every retail and grocery shop is closed. You can still do other stuff such as any gastronomy business.
Even companies like BMW see the point in free time and partially confiscate company mobile phones on fridays so that employs are guaranteed not to check work email and all that stuff. As far as I heard it helps creativity and productivity.
And they want to prevent Burnouts etc.

And every adult should be capable of planning ahead when shopping groceries on saturday.
CarrionCrow: Any time you're forcing people to spend time together by taking all other options away, you're not exactly promoting a good thing. When people are forced, it loses any meaning.
GreenDamsel: What other options? In Germany every retail and grocery shop is closed. You can still do other stuff such as any gastronomy business.
Even companies like BMW see the point in free time and partially confiscate company mobile phones on fridays so that employs are guaranteed not to check work email and all that stuff. As far as I heard it helps creativity and productivity.

And every adult should be capable of planning ahead when shopping groceries on saturday.
To me that would just be obnoxious. I don't even particularly enjoy shopping in most cases, but someone else deciding that I don't get to have the option is bullshit.
low rated
Time for another beer.
GreenDamsel: What other options? In Germany every retail and grocery shop is closed....
That's not entirely true. (Grocery) stores in Railway stations are open...

GreenDamsel: And every adult should be capable of planning ahead when shopping groceries on saturday.
Generally i would agree but that's not always possible. I really appreciate that the grocery stores in the railway stations are open when i was travelling on sundays...
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

Well, it would seem only gentlemen. Quite the sausage fest in here. :-)

How are you all doing tonight? I hope you have all had a lovely weekend?

*weekend hugs and some very silly waves*
GreenDamsel: What other options? In Germany every retail and grocery shop is closed. You can still do other stuff such as any gastronomy business.

CarrionCrow: To me that would just be obnoxious. I don't even particularly enjoy shopping in most cases, but someone else deciding that I don't get to have the option is bullshit.
Well there's a reason for why I don't want to live in the USA.
I prefer our way. People need guidance. The state should set a solid frame for living in and as a community.
Same as I never understood why Americans complain so much about the few taxes they have to pay. In the end everyone profits from it.
And no I am not a communist.^^
ddickinson: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

Good evening. =)

Had a couple sausages earlier. Not bad, aside from the casings being overly chewy.

Can't complain here, just another day. The weather's improved dramatically so I'm not actively courting heat exhaustion to be next to my computer, always a good thing.

How's your weekend been?
pimpmonkey2382.313: Time for another beer.
5 large rum and cokes and I barely scraped by with a buzz. I think I might need to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with my saturation level. That level of tolerance is simply not acceptable.

When your beer consumption equals at least 40 proof, ask yourself... should you stop now? One more beer will throw it over the line. Why drink just one six pack when you can drink two?
That's a very good idea :)

Good evening *big hug*
Doing good here - what about you?
GreenDamsel: What other options? In Germany every retail and grocery shop is closed....
ElTerprise: That's not entirely true. (Grocery) stores in Railway stations are open...
And in gas stations as well. But they don't usually count as grocery shops I'd say.
Plus it's almost double the price usually at those places.
Post edited July 06, 2015 by GreenDamsel
low rated
Emob78: 5 large rum and cokes and I barely scraped by with a buzz. I think I might need to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with my saturation level. That level of tolerance is simply not acceptable.

When your beer consumption equals at least 40 proof, ask yourself... should you stop now? One more beer will throw it over the line. Why drink just one six pack when you can drink two?
Two six packs? I agree.
ElTerprise: That's not entirely true. (Grocery) stores in Railway stations are open...

GreenDamsel: And every adult should be capable of planning ahead when shopping groceries on saturday.
ElTerprise: Generally i would agree but that's not always possible. I really appreciate that the grocery stores in the railway stations are open when i was travelling on sundays...
And now the whole question gets sticky anyway, how about the employees of the rail line?
That was the biggest issue here, where do you draw the line as to what is a 'necessary service'?
Rail lines and emergency services but not food?
After food it was what, not clothing?
I think everyone pretty much said screw it. :-)

Hi DD! :-)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane

*big hug*
I would say it is more like gentlemen talking and lurkers just being around ;-)
Did you have a nice weekend?
GreenDamsel: Well there's a reason for why I don't want to live in the USA.
I prefer our way. People need guidance. The state should set a solid frame for living in and as a community.
Same as I never understood why Americans complain so much about the few taxes they have to pay. In the end everyone profits from it.
And no I am not a communist.^^
Being guided by people I consider idiots never strikes me as preferable.

I have no desire whatsoever to be told what I should be doing, or when I should be doing it.
If I want to socialize, that'll be on my terms. If I don't, that's also my choice.

Being led around by the nose by self-absorbed, power-mad politicians or psychotic control freak zealots isn't my idea of a good time.
Not to mention that most people in a community, I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
And those are the people I'm supposed to be associated with? Fuck that in both eyes.
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Had a couple sausages earlier. Not bad, aside from the casings being overly chewy.

Can't complain here, just another day. The weather's improved dramatically so I'm not actively courting heat exhaustion to be next to my computer, always a good thing.

How's your weekend been?
Good evening!

Was they fresh sausages with good old intestine casings, or the artificial casings many use now (just curious)?

I am glad to hear the weather is getting better for you. It's not been too bad here, the last few days have been hot, but not too hot, and there has been a wonderful breeze lately that has kept everything nice and cool. The nights are even cooler, so none of these warm stuffy nights keeping me awake,

My weekend has been lovely, thank you. Today has been one of those days where it seemed to go on for ages, which I loved, as me and my partner did so much and had a lovely day.

Have you had a good weekend? How did your 4th of July go?

ElTerprise: Good evening *big hug*
Doing good here - what about you?
Good evening! *return hug*

Glad to hear you are doing good. How is the heat?

I am doing great, thank you. I had a lovely weekend.

EndreWhiteMane: Hi DD! :-)
Hello, Endre!

How are you today? Did you have a lovely 4th of July?

moonshineshadow: *big hug*
I would say it is more like gentlemen talking and lurkers just being around ;-)
Did you have a nice weekend?
Thank god there is another lady around here. This place was starting to look like a man-cave. :-)

Good evening, lovely Moonshine!

How are you, have you had a nice weekend?

I had an awesome weekend, full of lots of fun things. Today has been lovely, nice and sunny, but with a nice cold breeze to keep it nice and cool. We had some thunderstorms, but not until the evening, so it did not spoil my lovely country walk and picnic.

*big weekend hug*