It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Snacking on some strawberries and about to try a new game named Eidolon (thanks again Cecil!), life could be a lot worse.
EndreWhiteMane: I've had pop-ups of that type at work a few times, I was able to remove them as long as no one clicked on them. Fortunately I have the people at work trained to scream at me before they click anything they haven't seen before.
Doing fine here other than it's getting pretty warm, nowhere near ready to turn the air on though. ;)

Edit: I do have 4 games I'm trying to decide between.
Anna, Serpent in the Staglands, Wings of Glory and Vessel.
Only buying one of them this month so I need to decide what mood I'm in. :-)
CarrionCrow: Well, when it popped up, I tried to shut it down as quickly as possible. It didn't want to let me close the tab, so I went in and shut it down through the task manager. Certainly didn't click on anything, since I knew it was bullshit from the jump.

That's tricky. Hard to gauge what your general gaming mood will be for an entire month beforehand.
Out of those, the one that stands out to me is Staglands. But if you get tired of RPG's, then you've got a stalled game for the rest of the month.

Thinking I'll put maybe a dozen games back on my computer and play through those. Trying to decide rather than stashing a hundred on here again just because.
Yeah, as long as it's not clicked I can usually hunt the bastard down and kill it, not every time though.
It helps having had to do it a thousand times or so too. ;)
If nothing else having reformatted you'll be a bit more careful what you put back on. For a while. :-)

Serpent is the one that will probably win, I love the demo.
Sadly GOG won't get my money this time, the developer includes a 'handbook' which is much more extensive than GOG's map.
NoNewTaleToTell: Snacking on some strawberries and about to try a new game named Eidolon (thanks again Cecil!), life could be a lot worse.
Looks like a nice relaxing game. And of course Strawberries are totally awesome. :-)
Post edited July 05, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Serpent is the one that will probably win, I love the demo.
Sadly GOG won't get my money this time, the developer includes a 'handbook' which is much more extensive than GOG's map.
Do you think the handbook of the devs is different from the manual of the gog version?
Oh great...it rains now which made it worse...it's like in the sauna outside...
EndreWhiteMane: Serpent is the one that will probably win, I love the demo.
moonshineshadow: Do you think the handbook of the devs is different from the manual of the gog version?
They both have the manual but GOG only includes 1 map as an extra. Whalenought includes 'Erleins Handbook' which has the map and bunch of extras that I think would make the game more enjoyable.
http://serpentinthestaglands.com/community/order-game/
EndreWhiteMane: Yeah, as long as it's not clicked I can usually hunt the bastard down and kill it, not every time though.
It helps having had to do it a thousand times or so too. ;)
If nothing else having reformatted you'll be a bit more careful what you put back on. For a while. :-)

Serpent is the one that will probably win, I love the demo.
-laughs- After a thousand times, I can see how it wouldn't be much of anything to you, concern-wise.

One thing I confirmed during the process is that the vast majority of stuff on this computer was GOG games.
Without the full terabyte of those, there's not a lot on here usually.

Sounds like the better deal. An extra manual beats the crap out of only getting a map.
If that doesn't change, I'll end up doing the same thing and buying straight from the developer.
ElTerprise: Oh great...it rains now which made it worse...it's like in the sauna outside...
I hate when that happens, I never enjoyed watching steam rise from the sidewalk. :(
moonshineshadow: Do you think the handbook of the devs is different from the manual of the gog version?
EndreWhiteMane: They both have the manual but GOG only includes 1 map as an extra. Whalenought includes 'Erleins Handbook' which has the map and bunch of extras that I thing would make the game more enjoyable.
Oh nice. I wonder why these things are not offered here, same goes for the upgraded versions and soundtrack.
EndreWhiteMane: I hate when that happens, I never enjoyed watching steam rise from the sidewalk. :(
Yes..it's awful...a thunderstorm would help but not rain...
EndreWhiteMane: They both have the manual but GOG only includes 1 map as an extra. Whalenought includes 'Erleins Handbook' which has the map and bunch of extras that I thing would make the game more enjoyable.
moonshineshadow: Oh nice. I wonder why these things are not offered here, same goes for the upgraded versions and soundtrack.
GOG usually does pretty well with that but there are a few cases where they haven't kept up very well at all.
I can see why they wouldn't have the auto-updater, people would probably be screaming about DRM.
moonshineshadow: Oh nice. I wonder why these things are not offered here, same goes for the upgraded versions and soundtrack.
Maybe the developer's willing to offer more for a purchase from them since they don't have to split profits with anyone on a direct purchase.
For the soundtracks, more and more composers seem to be offering their music as separate purchases so they can make more money than just having a deal with a company.
EndreWhiteMane: Looks like a nice relaxing game. And of course Strawberries are totally awesome. :-)
Indeed it is. In about 15 minutes I wandered around, found a bunch of mushrooms, found some kindling for a fire, a map and a fishing pole. I've got a nice little setup on the bank of a lake filled with fish now, that's further than I've ever gotten in Minecraft or on a Minecraft clone haha.
CarrionCrow: Maybe the developer's willing to offer more for a purchase from them since they don't have to split profits with anyone on a direct purchase.
For the soundtracks, more and more composers seem to be offering their music as separate purchases so they can make more money than just having a deal with a company.
Would be interesting to know how many people evven go visit the website and then realise that they can get more for the same price on the devs site and buy there.
And in regards of the soundtrack: gog already offers soundtracks for some games seperatly, so it should have been possible.
Post edited July 05, 2015 by moonshineshadow
EndreWhiteMane: Looks like a nice relaxing game. And of course Strawberries are totally awesome. :-)
NoNewTaleToTell: Indeed it is. In about 15 minutes I wandered around, found a bunch of mushrooms, found some kindling for a fire, a map and a fishing pole. I've got a nice little setup on the bank of a lake filled with fish now, that's further than I've ever gotten in Minecraft or on a Minecraft clone haha.
A game that's a fishing trip? I may have to get that. :-)
CarrionCrow: Maybe the developer's willing to offer more for a purchase from them since they don't have to split profits with anyone on a direct purchase.
moonshineshadow: Would be interesting to know how many people evven go visit the website and then realise that they can get more for the same price on the devs site and buy there.
And in regards of the soundtrack: gog already offers soundtracks for some games seperatly, so it should have been possible.
I always check dev sites when possible. Vessel and Morningstar are 2 others that are DRM free for the same price if you go to the devs sites.
http://www.postudios.com/company/games/morningstar/index.php
http://www.strangeloopgames.com/vessel/
moonshineshadow: Would be interesting to know how many people evven go visit the website and then realise that they can get more for the same price on the devs site and buy there.
Depends on where a person learns about it. If you see it on GOG or the competition, the dev's site probably isn't mentioned. If you see it via game media, someone writing a story about it, they tend to also post that you can buy the game straight from the source.

Figuring it had something to do with percentages. Anything GOG posts and distributes, they'll get a cut of.

The company might've made them a better offer and gave them a place for their work to be sold from.